The Kingdom Build FAQ - Determine Your Build!

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by lililililililililil, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Thnx blump dis is gr8

2. Blump I wanna get da hansel build but dnt know when I should start building guilds should I lc with attk first or no

3. Interesting reading. I've always struggled with why people are so absolute about spy builds (must be 24 guilds) when every other build allows flexibility. I see absolutely no advantage to pure spies as the not losing money feature is just as true for anyone who chooses to bank.

I'd argue that any build with 20 or more guilds is effectively a spy build.

I also find it strange that you cut off mix builds at 10 or more guilds. With my ally bonus I have found 8 guilds is sufficient for my spies to do serious damage in battle.

Also, you mention that attack builds are the most LB friendly. While it is true that when all other factors are equal (troop wins, spy wins & ally strength) the stats of a pure attack build will give you an edge, this edge is no longer a dominant factor on the LB.

As many have had to learn the hard way, not employing spies on your build has become a serious handicap for overall lb rank. My own rank would be at least 20 spots lower if I did not play a mix build (8-10 guilds).

Finally, I disagree with the use of troop defense towers in war. Since troops cause a build to go "weak" at 20% (25% with the aviary), the troop defense tower serves very limited purpose. It decimates your plunder and lowers your attack ... for what? At least the spy towers serve a purpose after spies are depleted.

4. Bump sticky this pls!

5. Ah, my good old friend nyn. You're looking great as usual.

The main difference I see between a spy build and a mixed build is the plunder and ally dependency. The purpose of someone with 24 guilds is completely different to someone with 23 guilds and an attack building. Someone with 24 guilds will use their spies as their main source of income and constantly bank their cash. Someone with 23 guilds and 1 attack building will use allies to max plunder bonus (as well as increase stats) and try to attain 11 million per hit on an OSF while using their spies as a backup source of cash or scouting/assassinating purposes, similar to a mixed/attack build. Of course everyone has their own definition of a spy build, but I wanted to put builds with similar purposes in the same category.

I never said that pure spies had the advantage because they wouldn't lose money. I just said that they were unable to be stripped (because most spy builds don't buy any allies).

You are right in that I should not have cut off mixed builds at 10 guilds. I'll see how I can change the general guidelines for a mixed build. (suggestions?)

I'll take the LB advantage off of attack builds.

When towers are employed and an enemy is attacking you, there will be a point where they will start losing all of their attacks because their troop strength will decrease while their towers won't. That means that they will have less wins on you. I agree that they are not as useful as spy towers, but they can cause the enemy to avoid you as a target or needlessly waste troops.

6. Blumpy wats da best way to get to da hansel build should I lc with atk first or start building guilds from 900mill land

7. start upgrading your guilds to level 4. only get the land when your all of your guilds are level 4.

8. Blumpy,

As if it weren't enough that you put together such a well organized and relevant reference post, you top that by showing serious respect to those offering feedback. Thank you.

Regarding the mix build ... I would suggest a distinction based on where the focus is. A build with 20 guilds still looks more like a spy to me than a build with only 12. I think the cutoff would be the point where guilds outnumber troop buildings (>12 for towerless builds). The builds with 6-12 guilds are more traditional mixed war builds. Those with 13-23 guilds have an emphasis on spies and are more plunder oriented. I don't have fancy names for these but the do strike me as very different builds with different purposes, advantages and disadvantages.

9. I can definitely see your point. I'll split the mixed builds category into spy-orientated and attack-orientated categories. I hope you don't mind if I use your guidelines. Thanks for the feedback!

10. BUMP FOR HIS AWESOMENESS

11. Really interesting!!! That answered many of my questions I've been wondering!

How do you do the booby build?? Nevermind. Don't answer that!

12. My build

Epicness
    No buildings at all
    Pros i will hire you
    You cant be touched
    Cons lol u cant do **** rofl
    U lost the game

13. Thank you very much! Really helpful! 

14. Also, Forges are a tier 1 building right? Is there an effective way to switch out to a tier 3 building, if so, which building would be best suited?

15. Section IV
    Blumpy da Best

16. Build Name: Berserker
    Stats to Allies: Unknown
    Plunder: Unknown
    Buildings: 8 Guilds Lv.4, 16 Circles Lv.3

17. Ummm I don't know how this build would work I'm very inexperienced at this game (rofl check my join date ).

Flash Build.
    Have a total balanced build with 12 subs and 12 guilds[/colour].
    Have enough money banked in potions to he able to swap your build to anything needed at any time. Effectively "Flash Swapping" to whatever is needed.

Well that was just a quick idea, I'll do some proper thinking as to what a real good build would be!!

Awesome Guide Blumpy!

18. I like the boobie part lol