Quests

Share your game strategies.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Quests

Postby Jickers on Aug 30 2018, 11:40pm

Is it worth it to do lots of quests over and over in order to get nobility?

What have you guys found? Is it a viable strategy?
Jickers

Re: Quests

Postby Tzshifter on Aug 30 2018, 11:55pm

Not worth
Tzshifter

Postby A on Aug 31 2018, 4:42am

Only thing the quests are good for is getting the Crystal's on your way to quest completion. Other than that, not worth messing with after.
A

Postby -SS-Thrawn-SS- on Aug 31 2018, 6:12am

Oddly enough, I toyed with the idea of making a quest build. My idea was a ps1/small hansel, that would use all troops on quests while dropping spies on ebs.

I did rough math with the nob drop rate, and with relative plunder bonus estimates from different ebs, to try and figure out if the net gold GAINED from questing enough to buy a seal, dropping it at an nk clan, and then being able to stay for a few nks (say, 4 per seal, if you could manage a 24h pass and average 6h per nk--high asking) would be more than the gold LOST by hitting quests instead of your usual eb.

It was more of a thought experiment, since I didn't bother to go get actual plunder numbers (more like "well last time I hit nk I got like this much, I get this much from a goth, etc"). But according to those very rough estimates, I think I concluded (to satisfy my curiosity) that if you're very active and can pull off a double crux and max xtal on at least 3-4 nks, this has the potential to be a viable build (i.e. could generate more plunder than a counterpart only hitting ebs with both bars).

I think I estimated 150 unloads on quests to get 59 nobs, which at 8 unloads/day works out to about 19 days per seal. It's a while between seals, but if they are used very very carefully, it could be slightly beneficial, particularly for smalls who can't hit/get into goth.

Really the hardest part is finding somewhere that'd let you hit enough nks on one seal. It definitely probably isn't a self-sustaining build, and would rely on others letting you hit nk through passes. Although now that I think about it, 190 days to be able to solo nk, using half a year worth of free crystals... hmmmmmmmm... or TWO solo nks, if you get black Friday deals, and the second could be run whenever you get more xtals for it.

I would not advise this build to anyone. I have never run strict calculations that prove if this is viable--just very general ones that suggested it may be viable. I have also never tested it, because it was just a fun thing to think about a while ago.
-SS-Thrawn-SS-

Postby HalcyonDays on Aug 31 2018, 6:17am

The nobility drop rate from quests is around 1 in 55 chance. Whilst people automatically presume the nobility is for seals it's actually better to use them to open premium chests. That way you get furniture (charms) plus the occasional SoD and other treat.

80k+ quests completed so far
HalcyonDays

Postby NHL on Aug 31 2018, 6:43am

Wow thrawn that some serious kawing  idk if it’d ever be worth it though lol
NHL

Postby Hisoka on Aug 31 2018, 6:53am

HalcyonDays wrote:The nobility drop rate from quests is around 1 in 55 chance.

Damn, I wish this was the case. I was 1 nob off a SoD so I decided to do quests instead of buying more nobs and I burned 12 xtals just to finally get 1 lol. I must have some seriously bad luck.
Hisoka

Postby monkey-_-poo on Aug 31 2018, 7:17am

-SS-Thrawn-SS- wrote:Oddly enough, I toyed with the idea of making a quest build. My idea was a ps1/small hansel, that would use all troops on quests while dropping spies on ebs.

I did rough math with the nob drop rate, and with relative plunder bonus estimates from different ebs, to try and figure out if the net gold GAINED from questing enough to buy a seal, dropping it at an nk clan, and then being able to stay for a few nks (say, 4 per seal, if you could manage a 24h pass and average 6h per nk--high asking) would be more than the gold LOST by hitting quests instead of your usual eb.

It was more of a thought experiment, since I didn't bother to go get actual plunder numbers (more like "well last time I hit nk I got like this much, I get this much from a goth, etc"). But according to those very rough estimates, I think I concluded (to satisfy my curiosity) that if you're very active and can pull off a double crux and max xtal on at least 3-4 nks, this has the potential to be a viable build (i.e. could generate more plunder than a counterpart only hitting ebs with both bars).

I think I estimated 150 unloads on quests to get 59 nobs, which at 8 unloads/day works out to about 19 days per seal. It's a while between seals, but if they are used very very carefully, it could be slightly beneficial, particularly for smalls who can't hit/get into goth.

Really the hardest part is finding somewhere that'd let you hit enough nks on one seal. It definitely probably isn't a self-sustaining build, and would rely on others letting you hit nk through passes. Although now that I think about it, 190 days to be able to solo nk, using half a year worth of free crystals... hmmmmmmmm... or TWO solo nks, if you get black Friday deals, and the second could be run whenever you get more xtals for it.

I would not advise this build to anyone. I have never run strict calculations that prove if this is viable--just very general ones that suggested it may be viable. I have also never tested it, because it was just a fun thing to think about a while ago.

Go outside, get some fresh air ...go for a walk
monkey-_-poo

Postby illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi on Aug 31 2018, 10:31am

So did thrawn answer the question? Then if so it’s time to lock

RoC
illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi

Postby -SS-Thrawn-SS- on Aug 31 2018, 12:23pm

I didn't really answer it, so much as provide my completely untested, unvalidated thoughts on the questions posed. "Whether or not it's worth it" is a pretty subjective discussion question. Different people may have different reasonings, such as Hal's response.

I've thought about opening chests, but the gold benefit is what I want from my units, so opening chests with quest nobs isn't worth it to me.
-SS-Thrawn-SS-

Next

Return to Strategy