Attack builds are dead

Share your game strategies.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Attack builds are dead

Postby Sully on Sep 28 2017, 2:38pm

They have no viable place in kaw anymore.

The most recent developments have rendered attack builds and attack heavy hybrids completely obsolete. Specifically: the weakening of ee wars, the constant events, the reduction in plunder comparable to a hansel.

EE wars are where a properly towered attack build could shine. When unique and powerful equipment could be won through these wars fielding an attack build was worth it. The plunder reduction for the required towers to be competitive would be compensated by EE levels won. With wars in their current state, build doesn't matter and there is no special equip.

Constant events. To stay competitive and grow in today's event driven environment you have to constantly hit ebs. This detracts from warring outside of the ee system in osw. Hansels and spy heavy hybrids have no problems, they put troops on the eb and can still hit other players with their spies. They will still easily get a large plunder payout at the end as well as enough items to max out event returns. Not attack builds or attack heavy hybrids. A hansel will make bank with one COE on lowlands. Do that with one SOS on lowlands and an attack build won't even make a million gold in plunder and zero items. They are forced to choose trying to get event items by hitting the eb to stay current in the game or hitting their opponents but falling behind in growth and equipment. That's in no way an issue for hansels.

Plunder differences. On top of all this, hansels make more plunder than attack builds, and require much less in terms of towers to be an effective build, increasing their plunder further.


Solutions: it's simple really. Make EE wars worthwhile and unique again, increase the plunder an attack build gets with minimal spy buildings using spies on an eb so it's comparable to a hansels plunder with minimal attack buildings using attacks on an eb, and increasing the base plunder so attack builds are on the level with spy builds.

I'm just not in the mood to change builds anymore.
Sully
 
Posts: 1511
Joined: Dec 13 2012, 7:56am

Re: Attack builds are dead

Postby Nighthawk_FPBO_1 on Sep 28 2017, 2:50pm

I'm not dead but i am very disinterested hitting eb's in events ad nauseum. No imagination nor effort to do that is required. Simply nothing much changes or improves unless EB heaven counts which gets a great big boring fail from this player. EE renewal is all thats left for myself which is hardly enough. The end for me gets closer every day that passes. My spending is down to a trickle and soon its not at all with no reason for it.
Nighthawk_FPBO_1
 
Posts: 6029
Joined: Jul 21 2011, 11:29am

Re: Attack builds are dead

Postby x_x on Sep 28 2017, 2:54pm

Sully wrote:They have no viable place in kaw anymore.

The most recent developments have rendered attack builds and attack heavy hybrids completely obsolete. Specifically: the weakening of ee wars, the constant events, the reduction in plunder comparable to a hansel.

EE wars are where a properly towered attack build could shine. When unique and powerful equipment could be won through these wars fielding an attack build was worth it. The plunder reduction for the required towers to be competitive would be compensated by EE levels won. With wars in their current state, build doesn't matter and there is no special equip.

Constant events. To stay competitive and grow in today's event driven environment you have to constantly hit ebs. This detracts from warring outside of the ee system in osw. Hansels and spy heavy hybrids have no problems, they put troops on the eb and can still hit other players with their spies. They will still easily get a large plunder payout at the end as well as enough items to max out event returns. Not attack builds or attack heavy hybrids. A hansel will make bank with one COE on lowlands. Do that with one SOS on lowlands and an attack build won't even make a million gold in plunder and zero items. They are forced to choose trying to get event items by hitting the eb to stay current in the game or hitting their opponents but falling behind in growth and equipment. That's in no way an issue for hansels.

Plunder differences. On top of all this, hansels make more plunder than attack builds, and require much less in terms of towers to be an effective build, increasing their plunder further.


Solutions: it's simple really. Make EE wars worthwhile and unique again, increase the plunder an attack build gets with minimal spy buildings using spies on an eb so it's comparable to a hansels plunder with minimal attack buildings using attacks on an eb, and increasing the base plunder so attack builds are on the level with spy builds.

I'm just not in the mood to change builds anymore.


Just start osw, attack build
x_x
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: Feb 8 2013, 4:10am

Re: Attack builds are dead

Postby Nighthawk_FPBO_1 on Sep 28 2017, 2:58pm

A 5 word reply to an unnecessary quote of ops on page 1 at that. Maybe just maybe OSW is of no interest to Ops? Its a poor post that changes nothing for what his thread is about.
Nighthawk_FPBO_1
 
Posts: 6029
Joined: Jul 21 2011, 11:29am

Re: Attack builds are dead

Postby Sully on Sep 28 2017, 3:01pm

X_X I'm pretty clear on what the problems is. Hansels can osw and still hit ebs and maximize growth and equipment through events. Attack builds have to choose one or the other, resulting in having to eb, or enjoying osw yet falling behind in growth and equipment.

My 1 SOS should generate the same plunder and event drops from an eb that a hansels one COE does. That is all.
Sully
 
Posts: 1511
Joined: Dec 13 2012, 7:56am

Re: Attack builds are dead

Postby Sully on Sep 28 2017, 3:03pm

Nighthawk, rejuvenating EE wars is very large part of keeping people interested in kaw. The current system of events isn't enjoyable yet it's made worse if one is an attack build
Sully
 
Posts: 1511
Joined: Dec 13 2012, 7:56am

Re: Attack builds are dead

Postby Semzz on Sep 28 2017, 3:13pm

Sully wrote:X_X I'm pretty clear on what the problems is. Hansels can osw and still hit ebs and maximize growth and equipment through events. Attack builds have to choose one or the other, resulting in having to eb, or enjoying osw yet falling behind in growth and equipment.

My 1 SOS should generate the same plunder and event drops from an eb that a hansels one COE does. That is all.


There is a choice in this game, pick a build, and deal with the pros and cons of that build. If you need me to detail the pros and cons of each build the please kindly request a lock. If that isn't the case and you know them, then just stop asking to have your cake and eat it too.
Semzz
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Mar 17 2013, 4:39am

Re: Attack builds are dead

Postby Clam on Sep 28 2017, 3:13pm

Sully wrote:Nighthawk, rejuvenating EE wars is very large part of keeping people interested in kaw. The current system of events isn't enjoyable yet it's made worse if one is an attack build


Check recent indi stats. You'll see that the most successful builds are atk/heavy atk hybrids.

The meta is always changing, but big atk stats are heavily favored in ee now.
Clam
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Oct 7 2011, 8:21pm

Re: Attack builds are dead

Postby Sully on Sep 28 2017, 3:28pm

Semzz wrote:
Sully wrote:X_X I'm pretty clear on what the problems is. Hansels can osw and still hit ebs and maximize growth and equipment through events. Attack builds have to choose one or the other, resulting in having to eb, or enjoying osw yet falling behind in growth and equipment.

My 1 SOS should generate the same plunder and event drops from an eb that a hansels one COE does. That is all.


There is a choice in this game, pick a build, and deal with the pros and cons of that build. If you need me to detail the pros and cons of each build the please kindly request a lock. If that isn't the case and you know them, then just stop asking to have your cake and eat it too.


The status quo of the game itself has clearly changed, and now it is greatly at the detriment of the attack build. You did not refute anything I've said nor point out anything relevant to the discussion short of "you pick a build and are stuck with it".
Sully
 
Posts: 1511
Joined: Dec 13 2012, 7:56am

Re: Attack builds are dead

Postby Sully on Sep 28 2017, 3:32pm

Clam wrote:
Sully wrote:Nighthawk, rejuvenating EE wars is very large part of keeping people interested in kaw. The current system of events isn't enjoyable yet it's made worse if one is an attack build


Check recent indi stats. You'll see that the most successful builds are atk/heavy atk hybrids.

The meta is always changing, but big atk stats are heavily favored in ee now.


Anyone can cast for indi and war regardless of build, and success is largely determined based on who you war with and who you war against. Not one bit is it based on individual build, but luck of the draw.

The wars that mattered for attack builds that they actually had a dominant part in were the clan based wars, and the EE season wars.
Sully
 
Posts: 1511
Joined: Dec 13 2012, 7:56am

Next

Return to Strategy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 5seth, dShadow and 0 guests