Attack builds are dead

Share your game strategies.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: Attack builds are dead

Postby SELFMADE on Jan 21 2018, 1:31pm

Anyone can war with any build I war being a pure spy and make 0 but I help.
SELFMADE

Postby BionicMan on Jan 26 2018, 12:13pm

They are stale like an old ashtray
BionicMan

Postby MM--CONTROL--MM on Jan 26 2018, 1:49pm

Sully wrote:They have no viable place in kaw anymore.

The most recent developments have rendered attack builds and attack heavy hybrids completely obsolete. Specifically: the weakening of ee wars, the constant events, the reduction in plunder comparable to a hansel.

EE wars are where a properly towered attack build could shine. When unique and powerful equipment could be won through these wars fielding an attack build was worth it. The plunder reduction for the required towers to be competitive would be compensated by EE levels won. With wars in their current state, build doesn't matter and there is no special equip.

Constant events. To stay competitive and grow in today's event driven environment you have to constantly hit ebs. This detracts from warring outside of the ee system in osw. Hansels and spy heavy hybrids have no problems, they put troops on the eb and can still hit other players with their spies. They will still easily get a large plunder payout at the end as well as enough items to max out event returns. Not attack builds or attack heavy hybrids. A hansel will make bank with one COE on lowlands. Do that with one SOS on lowlands and an attack build won't even make a million gold in plunder and zero items. They are forced to choose trying to get event items by hitting the eb to stay current in the game or hitting their opponents but falling behind in growth and equipment. That's in no way an issue for hansels.

Plunder differences. On top of all this, hansels make more plunder than attack builds, and require much less in terms of towers to be an effective build, increasing their plunder further.

Solutions: it's simple really. Make EE wars worthwhile and unique again, increase the plunder an attack build gets with minimal spy buildings using spies on an eb so it's comparable to a hansels plunder with minimal attack buildings using attacks on an eb, and increasing the base plunder so attack builds are on the level with spy builds.

I'm just not in the mood to change builds anymore.

I think builds are evolutionary. This account has been pure spy and pure attk thoughout my time. The changes came at a cost but i enjoyed the growing process and don't regret it. If you're not happy with your build, use the tokens we get for free and start altering it. Smezz was nice enough to offer the pros and cons of each build, i suggest taking the advice, or at least consider his views and then proceed with altering via tokens and experiment yourself for what works best. I can say it's easier now than ever to change builds and i'd really reccommend an alt or 2 to enjoy various types of builds. I'm very keen on hansels personally, but it fits my gameplay better. Your needs many be different. Enjoy the game man, and always tweak your build so that it works for you.
MM--CONTROL--MM

Postby JinXedMinX on Jan 26 2018, 6:22pm

Rip attack builds. We were awesome.... like 4 years ago. I remember s1 and s2 we would only include maximum 2 hansels and 10 attack builds in a 20 person roster. Cuz hansels were leaky
JinXedMinX
2016 ASW Champion

Postby _-jimmythegreek on Jan 26 2018, 6:42pm

Sast424 is a sitting duck?
_-jimmythegreek

Postby Athena on Jan 27 2018, 9:57pm

Make wars better on mobile devices instead of computers.

I feel like that would let people war more, at least a bit personally.

Also shorter (like 15/30) minute wars because who has an hour tbh.

Something like a random MM that matches equal builds and people to form teams, 3-15 people.

It's a decent idea to even stuff out more instead of set war times (though I suppose we could keep that)
Athena

Postby Athena on Jan 27 2018, 10:00pm

3H wrote:Rip attack builds. We were awesome.... like 4 years ago. I remember s1 and s2 we would only include maximum 2 hansels and 10 attack builds in a 20 person roster. Cuz hansels were leaky

Yeh. Everyone hated hansels and loved GH / SH / SSH.

Attack buildings still make a lot in lower lands (abyss / HF, from what I see) so it's a good option to switch those.

Otherwise, spies are amazing.

Something like a towered spy heavy hybrid works well because you can hit spy builds and hit attack builds pretty decently
Athena

Previous

Return to Strategy