relativity and quantum MECHANICS

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by RoYaLNaVy, Jun 20, 2017.

1. ...stuffs gotta go somewhere?

2. ...if the universe is finite and not expanding does that means the center is getting less dense and squeezing the edges that are getting more dense? lol won't it just pop eventually?? lol 

3. Yeah, good point. And yeah science is just another form of faith to me, perhaps it's more detailed about the way it goes about it then religious faith but it all comes down to what you believe in the end and therefore is quite philosophical...i personally think some form of transformational perception could be the base for everything instead of time, matter or divinity, as the general populace seems to believe is what's making things go round. I don't think i'll ever be sure what to truely believe in in the end, in this life or if there's another, but i like to learn about and discuss different philosophies as much as i can and it seems to broaden my perpective and allows me to live with less faith and greater curiosity, imo anyway lol.

4. I think that's pretty much how the big bang works, it streches out only so far then explodes or implodes or whatever lol...but yeah that's why i was arguing about simlutaneous expansion and compression making more sense in a finite universe too...as there's nowhere to expand into. Because everything is shrinking down it makes the universe appear as though its getting larger basically.

5. ...yeah upon further thought it is very possible lolol and would explain loads of stuff 

6. If you dont know what it's about, claiming someone is wrong is quite harsh. The idea behind it becoming less dense is not to calculate the size of the universe, because it may well be impossible. The idea is to give an explanation as to how a curved universe without an edge could expand. According to this idea, only the observable universe is becoming less dense and so it appears to us in our deluded 3 dimensional view that its expanding.

7. Stop trying to incite you butthurt tool  ...suptis2 was 1st lol

8. I suffered through enough of this in IB Physics HL Never again

9. Yea.. valuable insight

10. @Bjorn ...It's the only reason why anyone studies this stuff or not ...casually or otherwise. Everyone at some point tries to "figure it out". The more you learn the more you discover how much we/you actually don't know...

From what my ignorant monkey brain knows of atm Ild hope that the universe is infinite and ever expanding ...If so and if consciousness is a result of a physical process and nothing else, then Im open to the idea that there's some kind of continuity in consciousness somehow, nothing supernatural of course.

Infinite is much more comforting to me then finite 

11. But if its infinite, it cant actually expand, can it?

12. LOL ...idk  but if it's finite then what's outside the universe? What constitutes the boundaries? And just saying its finite but immeasurable is a bit of a cop out. I mean I really don't know (and neither do you) and I'm not trying to deflect with any other question I just don't know 

...so what's outside? If you know enlighten me. 

13. I'm asking real questions here I'm not trying to win an argument through semantics lol

14. And that's just it it's all "theories" and nobody really knows squat and anything you I or Bjorn stated is just us parroting what we've heard from somewhere else and pure speculation. Whenever they make a general concensus about ANYTHING it almost always gets torn apart couple/few years later then the general concensus changes again.

15. Book called Flatland by Edwin A Abbott written back in the 1800's check it out.

16. Speaking of good books I just finished the Foundation series by Isaac Asimov. Best sci fi series I've read to date. Right now reading The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever by Stephen R. Donaldson. Probably the best epic fantasy I've read so far, and I'm not done reading it.

17. lol ...your saying it's becoming less dense right? Idk maybe it's becoming less dense because crap keeps getting sucked into black holes  so if it's finite and everything's getting sucked into black holes wouldn't it be getting smaller and not stay finite? 

And again if it's finite and it's getting smaller (black holes) what's on the outside replacing the missing volume or mass and where the hell is everything going after it gets sucked into the black hole??

18. Asimov is too tedious like Heineken ...hard to read but yeah they're both great. I like earlier Fantasy from Phillip Jose Farmer and space opera from Edgar Rice Burroughs. Hyperion by Simms is good fantasy/opera.

Phillip K Dick has come closer to predicting the future more accurately then anyone else ..

19. Are you guys actually interested in space or are you just meme-ing around? Because I could clear up a lot of this back-and-forth but I dont really want my effort to be wasted if I'm just going to be contradicted by superstition and assumption.

20. What question have I asked that doesn't have validity to it? ...I admitted I don't know squat lol. I'm not being obtuse I'm ignorant lol. Go ahead you think you know something spit it out. Try to explain it so my monkey brain can understand.

The only time I ever troll anyone is if they're being self serving* ...go for it 

*or if they an easy target