I'm not a noob, now what???

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Z3R0_THE_MAGIC_MaCHiNE, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Dear community,

I'm writing this thread in the hopes that you will share with other players your tricks (not all of them) on how to grow, fight, and survive the modern kaw landscape.

The devs have a good guide to beginners, but one you are past that, then what?

How can you advance in the game without spending a fortune? I'm not talking about getting on the LB. We all know that some moderate spending can go a long way over time.

Please share some helpful hints for players looking to take that next step.

How do they spend efficiently?
    Should they have an alternate account?
    What eb types should they focus on?
    How do they succeed in events?
    How do they do well in the various types of EE?
    What should be their priority? Lands? Buildings?

Please share your thoughts here. If we want the game to continue, we need an active and moderate spending group of players between noobs and those of us that won't quit until they unplug the servers.

Anyone is welcome to share, friend or foe. I'm not a forums expert, so please post any links to previously made threads that will help.

2. I seek attention too, now what?

Your threads seem to be getting worse every day with a strong low effort theme that stands out for its low quality.

3. Nice use of statless alt, this thread actually has a useful topic. Maybe try less hate and more posting with main

4. Candy crush offers a wide array of flashy thingies to keep you entertained. This thread and my others are for function, not to win an art contest. Please stay on topic. Maybe we can actually help some people who need it within the game.

5. I'd like to offer my suggestion on a build. Whether or not you plan to be an attack build or hybrid in the future, the fastest way to earn gold is as a Hansel.

Build guides have already been written that do a great job of explaining to 3-1 spy buildings vs troop buildings ratio you need to be a Hansel.

Hansels seem to get the best drops from events, and you don't need to skim to make a lot of gold. Your first and last hits will pay roughly the same.

If you wish to convert to bigger attack stats down the road, you can do so very easily through the abyssal lands.

The only issue with eb as a Hansel is that you might struggle to hit top tier eb without great bfe. Considering this is for mid level players, you should be able to fix that problem within a month by adding a few troop buildings in the abyss. If our structure your buildings correctly, you can hit the bigger eb and still maintain your Hansel mechanics and earning advantages in both eb and events.

Sadly, PVP weekends have turned into whack-an-osf, so hansels do just find in that part of the game.

Osw is a different animal as is EE, so we won't go there just yet as this thread is a bit more focused on growing your combined stats to move at least within the hit range of a bc player.

6. The cool part about getting in the hit range of bc players is that you can steal them as a much smaller player once their spies are zeroed. Some players still carry a lot of static spy defense, but that number has gone way way down since the release of the abyssal lands.

As a Hansel, you may be smaller in CS, but you can still be a factor in PVP actions through events and osw, and EE if you know what you are doing.

I don't EE these days, so someone else can let you all know how a midsize Hansel has to build and what actions they need to focus on in EE.

7. i last year did a thread with hindsight to try help new players avoid the pitfalls on kaw. it's called "The Kaw obsticle's and how to avoid them ,roni's tricks of the trade ". it got derailed a bit but the message advice is on the first page. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=180649

8. The key to success in kaw is to make the right friends. One wrong choice and you are at the bottom trying to claw your way up.

9. The responsibility of facilitating new player growth and retention does not fall on the players; it falls on the developers. If you make up for their shortcomings then you're enabling them to take advantage of the free labor offered by players like yourself. This may work in the short term, but in the long term it has an adverse effect on the way devs handle the game. Pretty soon they'll no longer be game developers and will just be graphic art designers churning out new pictures to insert as equipment and items to collect in copy and paste events.

O wait...

10. Don't bother, contrary to the title, he is a noob and a moron. Kaw's self proclaimed visionary who creates useless threads on things already covered by much more reputable people. Fear not, that won't stop him though, he will continue making moronic useless threads. Rest assured. ;)

11. it's called " bridging the gap " and a few strong leaders and representatives have stood out as a middle man to get some ideas to devs. if you have a love for a game or hobby .Then some dont want any reward for their time. Just seeing people having fun and enjoyment & laughs from their idea's is enough reward in its self. So my nominee's for kaw's " bridging the gap " panel is Zero machine , Rusty knight of serenity , Optimal Chaos , TitanGod and Sadistic killa locklebe bear.

12. Thank you for that roni but I'm not in the league of some you listed there

13. It does come down to the players. The devs job is to help them get past the noob stage. As players, we help them the rest of the way.

Tell me a single game where the devs hold your hand from day 1 to day 100 doom. You cant. They don't exist. There's a tutorial, and that's it.

No, it doesn't fall upon the devs. It's our job.

14. Agreed ashaya we need to work as a kawmunnity an with devs if we want to make this game grow and remain relevant

15. First Roni.
    Thank you for the acknowledgement. Not sure I deserve it. But appreciated.

Second
    Yes it is the job of the players to help teach and train new players how to play the game.
    This is a community driven game.
    I was taught how to play by established players.
    I have taught others how to play and when requested still will.

There is actually a lot of satisfaction in helping others.
    It is easier these days to reach out to new players due to the grey names. A little effort can go a long way to securing new players.

The devs need to focus on making the game more appealing.
    We need to focus on building the community and helping those who may become our allies, clan mates or even victims.

Would you rather the devs spend time working on player retention amd game changes.
    Or talking people through a tap tap game that can be broken down into simple steps for growth and understanding by any experienced player?

I want the devs keeping the game Devon track for the best possible version of the game.

If we want the game to last. We have to make an effort to. After all we are investing our time and money in this game too. If we don't make an effort. Why would devs make an effort for what could be perceived as a toxic ungrateful player base ?

16. Semzz. First of all, slap yourself. I was dominating this game when your momma was still wiping your nose.

Second, my news feed is empty. Where are you? Your boy walkton gives some sporadic incoming. Are you busy pinning on eb?

Back to the point of this thread, it's definitely the responsible of the community to shepherd players through the different stages of development. The devs just help that or impede it by the parameters in which they let us play the game. They have suggested some good changes, starting with a delay of new lands.

It's imperative that you find a clan that can help guide you in the style of game play you enjoy. I can personally tell you that Kotfe ain't the clan for a lot of people. Our style of game play isn't for everyone, however, there are many great clans through this game.

Moving on from a clan that's holding you back is very important. When I started the game, I was in a noob clan. They were of very little help to me. Once I moved on to a more established clan, they taught me how to play and that is what peaked my interest in this game. I didn't even know what farming was at that point, lol. Players would post my wall about some stupid 5 hit rule.

Anyway, I digress, find that clan or player that can take you to the next level. There are many qualified people in the community. Hopefully we will meet on the battlefield one day.

17. Aww it's cute that you want to respond to me 2 days later because your p.o.s. thread is dead, unfortunately for you I'm not going to give it life going back and forth with a moronic self proclaimed visionary.

Anyone reading this p.o.s. thread do yourself a favor and look up titan-god's (moderator) thread, it leads to his website which he put a ton of effort into and is a wealth of knowledge for new players.

Bet this moronic visionary head recruiter for kaws #1 eb osw clan (kotfe) makes a new useless spam thread in a few days when he realizes I've killed this one too. Good day. ;)

18. While it totally agree titans website is awesome.
    It doesn't talk to new players and given them a connection to kaw.
    It gives all the information they need but in an impersonal way that we all need at some point.

That doesn't take away the fact that the best thing established players can do is reach out to new players and offer some guidance.

Just saying go read this and leaving them to themselves certainly doesn't make them feel welcome to the game.

A little social interaction can go a long way.

19. It seems to me this account was made purely to make this comment - how sad....