Regarding the new Event harpoon

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Erick, Mar 7, 2017.

1. This thread is pretty simple, I'm simply curious as to how many scales are needed in order to achieve the tier 5 harpoon ( level 4) from the unleveled version if anyone could post it here would appreciate it

2. First tier is 7500, 2nd tier is 7500, 3rd tier is 7500

3. I have heard that each tier is 7,500, which would make the cost to tier 5 from level 1 be 30,000.

Now, if you include the initial cost of the change from the shoulders to the harpoon, your total to go from tier 5 shoulders to tier 5 harpoon would be 37,500.

4. The shoulders cost around 3k per level too so add 15k~ there as well basically unless your running 2 hour fiendish around the clock in sucker punch gl.

5. It's total BS if you ask me! Let's just make it damn near impossible unless lb and in SP. I gave Devs my opinion on this matter.

6. Not impossible. If everyone could get the best easily, why make different tiers? Instead just give everyone the best of everything for no effort... wonderful solution.

7. I think many of us will end up with tier 2/3 harpoon.
    Now what i would like to know is whether it will have less stat than a tier 5 shoulder. And also the final stats after event ends.

8. Every tier of the harpoon has higher stats than the tier 5 shoulder. I have the tier 3 harpoon equiped right now if you want to see it.

9. Do we have a total scale count from intial ring buy to t5 spear?

10. Its going to be around 46k scales. I don't know the costs of the ring, but harpoon and shoulders are 45k.

11. @ rouvicath

It will take 53200 scales from ring to harpoon highest tier.

I asked the same question in feedback & this is what devs replied.

12. You go!

13. If i only collect 40k scales after event. I shall have the harpoon at tier 3 (level 3).
    can i still enchant it after event by kralmora scales, or the kralmora only can enchant the eq which at tier 5 ?

14. Tyvm

15. I think the real question now is.... whether the staff is MH or trinket...

16. The staff is trinket, not a mainhand

17. You can enchant whatever equipment u have with kralmora scales at the end of the event.

18. Devs has made it so smaller players can reach harpoon while big reach higher tiers in event. Someone 1m cs (Basically, I'm 668x his size) was getting 480 scales on HTE while I was getting 180 max max with pots + 2,5 complete unload ! And I have ee5 also which is supposed to help

If you look smaller players, a lot of them already have harpoon, the only way for big is SP or fast ToW which is hard sometimes to find.

They tried to balance it for small but I guess it's not working well since a lot struggle with harpoon max while someone 10m cs can get it faster

19. Many people, on the first day of the event, posted feedback saying that smaller players were gathering many times the number of scales as larger players. As far as I am aware, the response from feedback was uniformly "the drops are working the way they are intended" or a much less useful "drops are based on a number of factors, contribution to the eb, size, etc." -- which really tells you nothing.

Devs are aware of the drop disparity. The disparity is either the intent of the devs, or they don't care enough to fix it.

20. I think it's also # of actions.

Your activity on eb contributed to how many items you're rewarded. Maybe since small guys have to spam tons of actions then that's how we get the items