What makes you happy?

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by -__somebody-__, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Hey guys, serious topic here. I have been around for a while now, and it seems like it doesnt matter what I do, I can never find happiness in this world. I mean of course, jobs, money, alcohol, sex, make me happy for a while, but all these things leave me empty eventually. It seems im in a never ending cycle of trying to find happiness but only being left frustrated in the end. I feel so weak and insignificant. What do i do? Is there even anything I can do to find happiness? I mean true happiness. Happiness that will last. I want to know, what makes you guys happy? And has it ever left you empty?

2. knowing that someone will be there for you no matter what happens. that'll make me happy :)

3. Music, one of the greatest gifts listening or playing.

4. I notice you don't have friends or family in your list of things that provide happiness.

And in regards to alcohol being in that list...

You shouldn't need to drown yourself in alcohol to seek some form of relief.

If anything it seems more destructive than helpful.

And more advice, seek professional help, there's little someone online can do >.>

5. One thing that made me happy during the time when my Dad died was focusing on something I like and doing it.

For example, Guns and Protecting people were my happy place so instead of focusing on the negatives I decided to join the Defence Force to distract me from the things that were putting me down.
    6 years later and now in the police force and I wouldn't look back on it. Best thing I ever did was focus on the positive and tun it into something :) you just gotta find yours!

6. Any answers you get on a public game forum wont be as fulfilling as you'd like it to be when it comes to everlasting happiness. Most play this game to fill a void. So heres some insight from a fulfilled person.
    Try making an impact in the lives of others and see how it fulfills you.
    Giving value to others will inexplicably raise your own value.
    Fight for something worth fighting for.
    Pursue abundance.
    Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% our attitude towards it.
    In other words happiness is a choice, try thinking about all the things you take for granted and put the words 'i get to-' in front of it.
    I get to play kaw. Im grateful i have the time to do it and the extra money to throw on it. Many others in this world do not have this opportunity.
    Hope this helps

7. Happiness doesn't come from job, money, alcohol, etc. Not true happiness. They can be fun and enjoyable, but happiness comes from inside you. It comes from contentment with your life and seeing the joy in things.

8. quietness makes me happy!

9. Happiness is just a feeling or I would say a moment of pleasure, you just can't feel Happy at all times. But when you do feel Happy, everything around you looks fabulous.

And Regarding me, I feel Happy when I spend some time with my family, I feel Happy when I see the girl I love, I feel Happy when me and my friends Plan a reunion, I feel Happy seeing kids play...There are so many moments in my life where I felt Happy, but had worse times' too.

But I just let the past Rest in past and Hope for a better future.

[​IMG]

10. In 7 years of playing and reading forums. Devastation just took the prize for the single
    Most idiotic post I have ever seen in a forum post.  great job mate. Unbelievable.

To op. Happiness is not something that can be fulfilled from outside it is only found inside, doing the right thing no matter what, while having a clear conscience and forgiveness for those that hurt you is a great starting point. Good luck 

11. Seeing people I cared and loved about happy

12. I use to be in a dark place for a very long time when I was young (12-14). I use to daily think about doing self harm. I was smart enough not to do it because it wouldn't stop the sadness but only spread it to those I knew. And I knew life would pick up at some point. And I was right, in high school (when I was about 15) everything made me a lot happier. I just saw life in a more positive light. It was hard at first but then I just let things go there way and everything fell into place. Also it helps if you stop giving a

13. &$@# about so many things.

OT; being with family and friends make me happy. Or hiking or other simple activities most people don't do. OP just think about your life and see what's making you sad. There's never no reason to be in your state.

14. Knowing there's someone that cares about me

15. Sorry to be negative here guys but I find if u are happy it's never a true everlasting happiness, I think what makes most ppl happy or content is a lack of thought towards negative subjects in life. I try my best to help others, I try to increase the value of my life & others through work, fitness, education, recreation & charity, etc...I have friends & family & I have ppl around me who support me in positive endeavors but I still don't see the positive in the whole. Countries who have the power aren't focusing on the prosperity of all...I don't see illegal slavery, abuse, poverty, starvation, war, etc ending...i don't see an answer to life's bigger questions being handed to us in the next 1000 years or the myriad of the world's problems changing for the better in my lifetime atleast...If I can't learn to switch off and compartmentalise I currently don't think I will ever b happy in today's society but I'm the least sad when I think of a non-existant state personally, it's kind of a form of meditation for me.

16. Nihilism FTW.

17. I'm not allowed to say what makes me happy on KaW forums.

18. Happiness to humans is only ever fleeting. We feel happy and content for a time, then setting into it as normal and it wears off. Gotta keep doing different things in your life to keep yourself happy! I find different movies and games and heading out with friends spices things up a lot!