KaW Train Guide

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by RedHotVixen_MaCHiNE, Jan 24, 2017.

1. KaW Train Guide

[​IMG]

What is a train?

A train is the term used to describe a set up of clans running ebs for people to jump to, eliminating the need to wait 15mins for a new eb to start and to maximise the number of ebs that people can participate in per day

With the introduction of Crux Chests and events, trains developed from simple clan jumping with a couple of clans to 25 clans in a one hour period

Trains are now huge community events that all of KaW can participate in no matter size of kingdom, experience, or level of spending. There are trains suitable for everyone.

Gold trains have evolved from running 24 xtals whilst crux running to using xtal reset timers to run be able to run 47 xtals

Early incarnations of event trains used ROTWB until event drops were nuked on the eb and people turned to HTE and ZTA for their drops

[​IMG]

Various other trains have been ran with mixed results including AFF/SS/TS trains where the eb time was reduced to just a few mins for completion

Gold Trains

[​IMG]

Gold trains are simply as it says on the tin, all about earning gold. They are the best way of earning gold while running those gold crux's. And the best way to grow fast. The epic battle used on these trains is HTE or ZTA

Running 24 xtals with crux running is simple and straight forwards

However running 47 xtals takes a little planning and involves xtal timer and synching with xtals ready for your planned train.

Xtal timer

So to explain this lets use an example

I use my first xtal of the day at 8am EST and then various xtals throughout the day, until i'm daily maxed at 5pm EST

Xtal timers are set from the first xtal you use, no matter how or when you use following xtals, so my new daily 24 xtal limit will be 8am EST the following day.

Synching for train

So using what we know on xtal timers is how we synch

There is 47 train i've booked in for on Sat 8pm EST

I need to stop using all xtals by Thursday 9pm EST

Drop one xtal at 9pm EST on the Friday to set timer for half way through Sat train which means i will have 23 xtals to use in first hour of a train. This then leaves me 24 brand new xtals to run second half of the gold train

Gold Train Etiquette

Make sure you synch correctly for 47 train and don't try to sneak in extra xtals. Nothing worse than running a crux and xtal locking half way through train and no xtal timer reset

Any questions ask your train driver. Better to ask than to assume or upset other riders because you didn't ask beforehand

Check sign ups for each train requirements. Some trains battlecry is mandatory, some trains are FFA pots others are closed. Check how circles are dropped too

If you aren't super speed unloading check how many riders are on train. More riders, faster the ebs go and can be difficult to get all xtals in

Sign ups are usually in rooms on third party apps - ask about and people can direct you to them

Always thank train drivers and door people

[​IMG]

Drop/Event trains

[​IMG]

Drop trains have become huge community event's in KaW

Their purpose is simply to maximise event drops in short period of time, for minimal cost.

This train provide a way for mids and small players to get a better tiered placing in events, and chasers a way to get that top 100 placing

The ideal drop train will have 60 riders and 6-7 stops every 15 mins. HTE and ZTA are the ebs used

They are high speed and manic but the sheer amount of event drops generated make them extremely popular and in demand. They are not for the faint hearted, severe concentration levels are needed and any gold made is a bonus

The recommended guideline is to run a 100% crux and unload half each bar each stop.

Regular riders of trains learn their sweet spot of how many hits are needed to maximise drops and tend to skim . This varies player to player dependent on build size and build so each individual needs to play around to find their sweet spot and skim level meaning much less xtals used per person

These trains are perfect for those chasing higher tiers in events or event lb.

High speed drop trains were developed into organised planned trains from accidentally having too many people riding gold trains. They used to be smaller with 25-30 riders all unloading one bar each, now have grown into the mass community trains we now see

info is normally again posted in third party app. If you wanting to try and not sure how to get onboard a drop train, a great way is pm top 10 event chasers for directions as guaranteed most of them ride these trains ;)

[​IMG]

Drop Train Etiquette

Pots are generally FFA, but with 60 ppl trying to take pots don't be shocked if you cant even get one

Please be patient with doors, there are 60 people trying to get in same time as you

If train crashes at a stop, simply head to the next stop and resume journey

Battle Cry is optional

If you can see a door is struggling and slow, offer up an alt to come help that door

Next stop is in CA but always check CC before jumping incase next stop changes

Always thank drivers and door people at end of journey

All aboard...

Hope this guide helps some of you confused about trains

Feel free to pm me anything needing to be added or adjusted or any questions you still have

And if you haven't nt done any train jump aboard and try one

Maybe even create a new type of train ;)

2. Great guide Vix, ty !

3. Well it's not bad, i guess?

4. Nice guide

5. Oh I totally thought this was gonna be a thread about Vix's services to her......local community. Not what I was expecting but good thread anyway.

6. Good thread, had to explain this all many a time

7. These are the kind of guides we need more of.
    Thanks for taking the time to explain trains so well, Vix.

8. I always get kicked repeaterly from the drop trains I try to participate on....

9. Good luck getting Mod back.

10. Damn, that was way more in depth than i expected.

11. Know the feeling haha

been promising a guide for months lol

12. How to figure out if the train stops in your city?

Lovely guide Vix

13. Nice guide support!!!

14. Brilliant guide Vix. Well done as always!

15. Very well stated. Bump!!

16. Why did (s)he lose mod?

17. I stepped down and have no plans on returning so can we try stick talking to choo choo's ;)

18. Vixy..

For violation of Kode #19, please report to KaW illuminati asap to receive your punishment.

19. "Glitches".. 
    Nice one, Ashes.