notes on pots

Share your game strategies.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

notes on pots

Postby Swabia on Jan 20 2017, 8:59pm

I've been farming some plotless hansels (as I am wont to do) and I noticed a few things off about the way pots are still effective despite the lands and items largely outstripping them in value.

1) Add another 10% pay if the victim has full pots. Once they lose them that % is lost.

*) Pots cause losses at a larger percentage than their stats would infer. That must mean that the numbers that the pots add are before multipliers because I'm hitting a Hansel that's a profile clearly 4x my size, but as a mixed build I should have 100% wins on players witch have full pots. This isn't the case.

4) Full pot attacks are only approximately 50% more effectiveness than no pots. That means if I had 10 losses on a full bar on a guy with full pots by attacking with no pots and I use full pots to attack a second time once we regen I'll get 5 losses.

7) defense pots are worth the money if you have farmers on you. You're worth more cash to them per win, but the losses they incur in busting through your pots reduces their overall wins.

87) If this is true for BC accounts as I suspect it is than I must assume pots are the only items in the game which have remained balanced, but keep in mind their fixed values are not correct. They're hitting a multiplier somewhere in the win/loss computation.

Feel free to add constructive commentary or test numbers. Let's not turn this one into a troll thread again though. Save your hate for attacking me instead of tweeting your feelings about how you're relevant and I'm not. Absolutely no one cares about that and we can assuredly find better ways to lose brain cells than read that regurgitation.
Swabia

Re: notes on pots

Postby Lonesong on Jan 20 2017, 9:04pm

i always thought it worked like

you have full defense pots

i have full atk pots

so they cancel eachother out. but alas i am big noob so idk
Lonesong

Postby KaWcaine on Jan 20 2017, 9:11pm

Tldr
KaWcaine

Postby REDSpy on Jan 20 2017, 9:15pm

1,*,4,7,87

great list.
REDSpy

Postby saltyfeetish on Jan 20 2017, 9:55pm

Ty beri helpful
saltyfeetish

Postby IISPllO0lIKYllGUIlNllISHiPlI on Jan 20 2017, 10:38pm

The only thing I can think of that might throw you off is achievement bonuses..? Though Ive no idea how much bonus is possible there maybe its causing some deviation if your adding bfa and all that stuff right which I dont think is the issue at all.. Interesting stuff though thanks for sharing. I wasn't sure if pots were affected by dynamic stat bonuses good to know its "thought" that they dont xD
IISPllO0lIKYllGUIlNllISHiPlI

Postby SexualBurritoNinja on Jan 21 2017, 12:24am

Lonesong wrote:i always thought it worked like

you have full defense pots

i have full atk pots

so they cancel eachother out. but alas i am big noob so idk

This is how I want think it still works.
SexualBurritoNinja

Postby Swabia on Jan 21 2017, 3:48am

By all means try this same test. If someone is a Hansel they are here to make money in EB. Just farm the 1000 pots they have off them and write down the pay the have for your first hit when they have full pots and when they don't. 

Alternatively have an alt and hit yourself. Hansels have slightly different permissions on who can hit them because of their builds, but trying this on any account vs any account should yield the same results I would think.

I've always known potted players pay more. I remember putting that on people's walls in 2010 so this isn't new math at all. I have just never seen it listed as a tidbit on forums.
Swabia

Postby Onesy on Jan 21 2017, 5:33am

Fully potted accounts do pay more per hit, but in kaw now pots are almost useless imo, I never use sap pots Bc I can steal quicker without. Spy defence pots also do very little to stop my steals also.
Onesy

Postby Reo on Jan 21 2017, 11:07am

They burn more troops and spies until you hit a point where your strength so far outweighs the enemies defense then you incur same loses as hitting eb.
Reo

Next

Return to Strategy