monkeys killed the towers

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Z3R0_THE_MAGIC_MaCHiNE, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Hello fellow noobs at war. How does everyone feel about towers these days?

I was one of the first haxor builds along with cambji from Yafi. Bellemorte was a mod and told me I was an idiot, because there was no such build as a haxor build and the game mechs didn't change at certain tower ratios.

Needless to say, she was wrong, lol.

But I digress......does the community believe that ATA monkeys have killed tower builds? Look at the LB, it used to be riddled with tower builds. It's now full of eb noob builds, like mine!!

Does the community like the purely offensive builds that are prominent these days, or do you long for the turtle builds of old backed by bfa?

Thanks for sharing, please opine at your discretion.

2. Why are all these tap tap tough guys coming to forums nowadays?

3. Devs emailed me about my 24/7 dtw status and said they were monitoring for botting. I explained haxor build, they didn't know what the hell it was. Lol.

Yafi defeated AAH and several other clans with two haxor builds and the rest hansels. I've never seen so much butt hurt as I saw in that osw. We are on different sides these days, that's just the nature of KaW.

The rise of Yafi was built on that clan model. It became a big part of ee as well, then the devs basically killed it. It's really interesting to scroll up and down the roster of modern osw clans. They'd have been laughed at as eb noobs 18 months ago because of their builds.

4. @kasama

We are all that's left of the old guard. Our game has changed to adapt to ATA developments. There is still a lot of fight left in a few clans these days, but the majority of KaW is happy tapping away like it's candy crush. Thank God people can't tag you in FB for free nobs or some crap. Lol.

5. Everyone mostly has resorted to hansel builds for the massive plunder increase. It's really not because towers are bad. It's just easier to make gold as a hansel

6. I remember the turtle builds. Nothing new there.

7. Yesss!! But..what u call a haxor build is just a nerfed version of original tower build aka reverse hansel. Laoda had it first at #1 alb on his original acct. It was like Kaw' best kept secret lol mechs kicked at 75 percent towers and it couldn't be stripped the traditional way. Needed good bfa though. Much later a few tower builds joined ee trails, exposing it to public lol Newbs called it glitch and cheat and whatever.. even said it wasn't possible to defeat lol newbs, you just didn't know how..and tears started flowing into forums, eventually drowning support..Then mechs were 'fixed' :(

belle and me argued about it too lol on her (great otherwise) fight mechanics thread, I believe. So who's the nub now lol

8. I never thought you'd play longer than belle. You got me there. ??.

The game is so different now. It's not as fun because enemies can survive forever with trains/sb/hide allies.

Noobs can outlast. Lol.

9. @OP who needs towers when you are a bc ps1/hansel making trilions upon trillions a day, which you can invest in bfa.. they have multiple Q in bfa so they dont need towers

10. @rising. That's my point. You don't need them. It's kind of sad in a way. Devs have made that build basically obsolete unless you are a top LB bfa.

11. It wasn't just because of towers - haxor is just towers. TB was a good osw front liner due to build's dtw to stl mech. It's not all about ebs after all lol

13. Our clan probably makes 750t per day when you factor in eb earnings and trains. It's insane. If devs removed the hide ally spell, no account would be safe.

The hide ally spell allows the no tower builds to accumulate bfa. It was never intended to be used on a permanent basis.

The game would be much better if you couldn't use the spell on consecutive 24 hour periods.

14. I'm not sure, but I'd imagine the devs are afraid big spenders will complain to much about losses if the hide ally spell is taken away.
    At least make it only last for 8 hours so people have to try a little harder. .

15. @rising star. Kotfe alone can raise enough to strip any player in less than a week. Not even a challenge. That's how crazy the gold earning scheme is now.

All of APOC can make 10Q in one day if the directive is given.

16. Haxor the first exploit used in pre-season EE lol

Remember Roland filling the Apocalypse clan with haxor builds and hansels and a lot of controversy occurred lol

Towers cant keep out BC spies - we have pulled many strips that show while towers might slow us, it wont stop strips. Too many towers = huge huge plunder loss which = slower growth

Rai lands in effect nerfed Towers usefullness.

Having said that, no towers with value in allies is just asking for it. The advice i personally give out to my guys is have enough towers to keep out smaller non bc spies.

17. It's hard to justify towers when the devs give me 3x mp every two weeks. Towers used to be a must for osw. Before eb, you literally had to nob back to mp if you don't have a big stock of pots.

4 xtals on hte gets me back to mp now. It's crazy.

18. I plan to build towers in the future when my build grows.

19. Thought this was going to be a rant about how all Muslims did 9/11

20. It's all just Darwinian. Accts adapt to game changes to survive and prosper.

In 12 months time the account builds might be very different. Maybe devs will change the plunder hansels make ; maybe stats of towers will increase so they become more effective again ; maybe something will happen that no one will see coming. Someone will find an advantage and others will folllow. The kaw machine will keep rolling on

As for ally spells, it's a game option. It's not really different than towers as a concept - makes stripping more difficult. I suppose if you are able to go dtw within 90 seconds every time your stripped regardless of activity for the previous 2-3 hours it doesn't really matter.. but for those of us who can't/don't do that it's an alternative that's available within kaw.