Tips and Tricks for Smalls/Mids from a Big Player

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by xAnnabellex, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Let me start by saying this:
    Chances are you may already know this but many smalls(and some mids) which I've talked too don't, so...
    Don't be a h8er, be a sk8er

Let me preface by saying this, half of the thread will be maths. Prepare yourself.

Lands Tricks
    HOARFROST EXTRA ATTACKS PER FB

This is perhaps the most widespread "trick" but I digress.
    By some miracle when a LVL1 Elven Temple(no higher) is built in the Hoarfrost it grants 12 extra attacks per full bar. This makes xtalling significantly more worthile.

Clarification: You only need 1 Elven Temple for this, not all :D

How it works:
    Normal Full Troop bar takes 60 minutes to regen. This gives 12*2=24 possible attacks
    Normal Full Troop bar with a balanced building takes 70 minutes to regen. This gives 14*2=28 possible attacks
    Normal Full Troop bar with a LVL1 Elven Temple on Hoarfrost takes 90 minutes to regen. 18*2=36 possible attacks

[Note this applies to LVL1 Unkari Ice Trees but as plunder is tied to % of spy troop bar only, these extra 18 assassinations won't give more plunder]

EXTRA ATTACKS FROM PIN (0 TROOPS)
    This is less well known and mostly useful for EXTREMELY active players or PvP'ers.
    This trick involves having both a LVL1 Elven Temple(HF) and a LVL1 Empyre Lair(OR). Through some freak of code, this setup grants 3 attacks instead of 2 when regening from 0% Troops
    So in theory, if you were on the game for long stretches of time being completely active, you could increase your plunder gain by x1.5 by skimming from 0 troops every 5min.

Build PSA
    If you want a comprehensive build guide adapted for efficiency check out Koyuki's guide. However I want to address a smaller part of that guide and what I perceive to be a massive issue:

STOP UPGRADING HOARFROST!!
    These lands are the WORST for both plunder(no data for this, but trust an old BC player) and more obviously pure Stats per Gold.

My advice: skip through HF land 15 ASAP building only LVL1 buildings and moving to Abyss+OR as swiftly as possible.

Maths incoming:

HF LVL1 Elven Temple gives 155,806CS for 20B which is quite good however the latter levels are abysmal

Elven Temple LVL10 costs 950B and gives ~1,203,000CS
    Abyss LVL6 Kraken Building costs 790B and gives ~1,360,000CS
    (950/790)*100 = 120.3
    (1,360,000/1,203,000)*100 = 113
    What this means is that maxing a HF building to LVL10 costs 20% more but gives 13% less stats.
    This is even worse for Spy Builds as:

LVL10 Ice Tree costs 950B and gives ~800,000CS
    LVL6 Spy Building on Abyss costs 790B and gives 1,044,000CS

(1,044,000/800,000)*100 = 1.30
    Meaning you pay 20% more for 30% less stats

Watermelon TAX

2. Thank you for this actually informing forum post

3. HIS STATS CHECK OUT, HE KNOWS HIS STUFF

4. Can you compare this to OR Lands? please and thank ur maths vurry much

5. Here is a spreadsheet on building efficiency. Compare for yourself.
    Building Efficiency

He actually is on the right track, just using rounded numbers though.

6. This made me forget everything I read :lol:
    JK, great thread! It's good to see big guys giving build advice, clearly you know what you're talking about.

7. Stop upgrading hf ?

Remembered a post where a guy said to upgrade osmon to lvl 8 before lvl 10 abyss.

So collecting 3t and upgrading them is easy compare to upgrading 900b ?

Yes hf glitch is good, but u can get little better plunder from lvl 10 hf compared to lvl 1 hf.. So not gonna support..

8. It isn't about what is cheapest next. You want to make the most efficient upgrade, and get the most stats, and plunder, for your money.

9. I wasn't comparing Abyss and OR though. Essentially I do advocate saving 450/900B at a time to max Abyss rather than do little 100-150B upgrades on HF. Believe me, the plunder is miniscule and will hurt your growth in the longer term

10. Re: Tips and Tricks for Smalls/Mids from a Big Playe

I call BS. Just tested on 2 hansel alts in same clan.
    Alt A was slightly bigger at 28mc spy stats.
    Alt B was 24mc spy stats.
    Both had 32T to upgrade.

Alt B went first, and ug all HF (except Elven temple lvl 1) spy buildings to lvl 10, and then went to Abyss lands and spent rest of gold there. Jumped 40 cr spots and ended up with 54mc spy stats.

Alt A went to Abyss lands (leaving the 9 HF at lvl 2, and same Elven temple lvl 1). Ug all 24 spy Cult of the Abyssal Eye to lvl 2, and 3 of those to level 10, with 1 only getting to lvl 9.
    Alt A end only 43mc spy stats. Hmmmm.

As an old player myself with many accounts, the old addage of finish HF to lvl 10 first still stands. Yes, buy Abyss lands and put up lvl 1 only, but don't ug till HF is complete.
    Same goes for Osmi lands. Stay clear of till all Aby lands bought with at least a lvl 1 on all.
    Test it for yourselves.

This is purely from a hansel acct stat accounts. Attack and hybrid I have not tested yet.

Aditional note, DO NOT ever ug HL to level 4. THIS IS THE WORST EVER UG DEVS EVER MADE.

11. But why did you upgrade to lvl10...
    The stat per gold decreases as you go higher in levels. At the end of the day though, do whatever you want, makes no difference to me. I just wanted to add my input, and show a bit of the maths behind it.

12. Please also refer to the "Kode of Kaw" #20 and #59

13. Re: Tips and Tricks for Smalls/Mids from a Big P

Thanks for the laugh Ashes.
    And Capt W, you can put out all these math numbers that ppl pull from their hats (not disputing), but I go off raw stats I see and gold made per eb. Sorry, but your "Math" doesn't equate to my alts proof in gold plunder.
    DEVS have proved time and time again they don't follow patterns, or math formulas. Like you said, HF Elven Temple gives you 36 att actions instead of 24. Correct, and perfect example of how Devs jumble things up to make it improbable for majority to try and figure out. So my point is, math equations are not valid in kaw dynamics on some things.

And btw, I'm not trying to be an ass to you. You have many good points over the course of these forums. I just don't agree with this particular threads point.
    Will let others try and see

14. Those stats are from chocolate's thread...

15. He is correct, you should have taken them all to the same level.

16. Lol. Funny on all my accounts i had never completed hf and i fully agree plunder is better. Quite obvious when xstalling on a hybrid account with 5-10+ buildings on Abyss & Os they would outdo my Spy builds and Attack builds even though they were much smaller.
    Nice accurate post.

17. Nice thread melon :D

18. Case in point to Phil- Hybrid acct 
    Been that way for over 4 yrs now. Your adding to this how?