Attack build to spy build conversion "strategy"?

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by IISPllO0lIKYllGUIlNllISHiPlI, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Im a returning player from several years ago and a lot seems to have changed. It seems that spy builds are not just the new meta but it seems almost pointless to make any other build (PvE wise).

I am pretty confused on how I should go about advancing my kingdom now that new players begin with all 25 lowlands unlocked. Back when I played, I read a few strategys that seemed to encourage starting off with an attack build until you have enough gold to unlock lands/convert buildings into spy buildings. Again, now that all lowlands are free this doesn't seem to be the best way to do it. Ive been told building subs/attack buildings is not worth it and to just immediately begin building guilds/SOS.

So my question is what is the best (most cost efficient) way of making a spy build? If I start off with only spy building the only way I know of to make gold is then from EB completion rewards and a few EBs that award plunder when the steal action is required. My fear is that I will be heavily reliant upon a guild if all my gold is coming solely from the completion reward. Crystals could be wasted if an EB isnt completed.

So what is the best safest and cost efficient way to build lowlands if you want a spy build? Does the old strategy I mentioned above (converting attack build into spy build) have any value left in it or should I just go strait for a full blown spy build right off the bat?

2. Go full spy. Start a new account, get vollied, build a COE and Guilds and start whacking NML or something.
    Assassinations give nice profit, you don't need steal phases. If you really want one though, do Ambush.

3. Id say start off as hyb then when u can get gold for SOS go Hansel

BTW event pays s lot do a couple of wars and u will get probably enough gold to go build complete on lowlands

4. SOS would be the best start now that you don't need to mass convert, but you'd need start up gold and bfe in order to hit. These events that they have now allow you to get a nice amount of silver bars with even low tiers, so try and get as much off possible, even if you must run war beast and stuff.

5. This. I'd say do pvp events if you can. With a little dedication, you'll be able to do well in it and in the main event as a result. Aim for 2k event items and you get over 4T at the end. I would say build some CoE to hit ebs around the levels of haunt successfully, then you can convert once you hit around 30mcs attk bfe, the amount needed to hit haunt without fails. You wanna continue to build up your bfe until you can hit tier 10 ebs like ss and ts with mostly successes, then go full out spy, converting most of your attack buildings to spy.

6. Depends
    On willingness to spend Rl money or not..

If u r willing to spend Rl money, build 8-16 coe and rest spy..

If u r not willing to spend, better be spy heavy hybrid for fast growth..
    So that u can hit high end ebs without fails..

7. Wow, thanks for all the replies, Okay so I grew a lot since I made this post. I started with 9 or so forges 6 subs and 7 guilds. Now I have 4 SOS 3 are T3 one is T2 and Im noticing my plunder from attacking is decreasing? Is this supposed to happen as I begin to convert more attack buildings (forges) into SOS? It happened just as I built and upgraded my 4th SOS to T2. Will I see an increase from my completion award for EBs now or am I doing something wrong

I was getting 18.8m plunder BFA from the reckoning and now Im maxing at 16.5m plunder BFA from the depraved. Do different EBs give different amounts of gold from hits? (aside from haunting and revenge etc)

8. Spy builds make less gold for each attack than attk builds but more in end bonus plunder, you'll note your steal plunder per hit increases though

9. Okay cool, just didnt know if my plunder was supposed to lower or not. I have noticed an increase in the completion reward

10. Atk buildings have higher first hit plunder but spy buildings give better max plunder figures. So what happens is when you just do the one ul per hour your avg plunder is higher from troops than an atk build...then you get the nice bonus from spies at the end

11. Start out with All attack buildings then convert later to SOS.