A Cast of Falcons Chapter 6: Updates and Changes

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by [ATA]Charlie, Jul 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey everyone!

This post is a bit of an experiment and I would love feedback on the structure and content bellow!

Goal

To provide transparency into some of what is going behind the scenes by describing changes and the design intentions behind them.

Table of contents

• Saga Part 6 - Event Rewards

Event Item Drop Rates

Saga Part 6 - Event Rewards

Tier 4 - 500 Collection Items - now gives 1 Tier 1 Key + 1 Tier 2 Key for equipment rewards (was 1 Tier 2 Key)
    Tier 5 - 750 Collection Items - now gives 2 Tier 2 Keys (was 1 Tier 2 Key)
    Tier 6 - 1000 Collection Items - now gives 1 Tier 2 Key + 1 Tier 3 Key (was 1 Tier 3 Key)
    Tier 7 - 1500 Collection Items - now gives 2 Tier 3 Keys (was 1 Tier 3 Key)
    Tier 8 - 2000 Collection Items - now gives 2000 Silver Bars (instead of 700 Silver Bars)
    Tier 9 - 3000 Collection Items - now gives 2100 Silver Bars (instead of 800 Silver Bars)
    Tier 10 - 5000 Collection Items - now gives 2225 Silver Bars (instead of 900 Silver Bars)
    Tier 11 - 7500 Collection Items - now gives 2350 Silver Bars (instead of 1000 Silver Bars)
    Tier 12 - 10000 Collection Items - now gives 2500 Silver Bars (instead of 1500 Silver Bars)
    Tier 13 - 15000 Collection Items - now gives 2750 Silver Bars (instead of 2000 Silver Bars) ++++++ now gives 6 Continental Tokens (instead of 3 Continental Tokens)
    Tier 14 - Top 100 Collection Items - now gives 2850 Silver Bars (instead of 2500 Silver Bars)

Designer Comments:

We've noticed gaps growing in our player base. Rewarding size and incentivizing growth are very important cores to the game, and we are not going to remove that. At the heart of this, Silver Bars are one of the main ways people can grow in Kingdoms at War. Our intention with this update is to motivate and create an attainable goal to players of all sizes. We've found that a sweet spot for attainability, but still requiring work, to be around 2000 Collection Items for most players. We're going to monitor this change and see the effects this has on this event and comments by the community.

Event Item Drop Rates

What we are trying to address:

Event Drop rates can be very different for different builds. Event drops are intended to be a reward determined through a combination of size and work put in, not specifically to reward builds.

How we are attempting to address this:

We've updated our last tier of buildings: Empyrean Lair, Mixtliacalli, Zeruan Cielfortress, Prizmai Ashtarak, Shackled Storm, Prizmai Thaumalens

We've updated only the first few levels of this buildings to help our early players feel a greater share of the power our later players have already been feeling.

This change is responsible for updating the Strength of some players who we feel are stronger then was being shown previously.

All Later Tiers of these buildings have not been changed, and our biggest players will not be noticing any change to plunder.

Designer comments: We are going to be monitoring this EXTREMELY CLOSELY. This change we are quiet excited about and we will keep working to and monitoring to see if this level change doesn't take effect in the way we have modeled.

Your feedback in the area is greatly appreciated.

2. Feedback

If events were based on activity and rewards were % based then new players would not gain 32m stat equipment, drop builds would not be incentivized to prey on weaker new players.

3. Thank you! Support! 

4. My plunder dropped. How can I be too strong for the eb when I was hitting LOTL? :)

Oh, and still failing <15%

**edit post LOTL completion**
    Looks like drop rates are back at Chapter 1-4 rates. Still would like to have the same plunder though. Why couldn't the drop rates have been adjusted without adjusting plunder?

And while I jumped in clan ranks (and world leaderboard tanks too?), it still doesn't make sense that I'm ahead of someone with higher stats just because I've built up OR lands more.

5. I am too strong to hit an eb that I can only unload 50% on without pots?!?!



Such fail

6. That not far

7. Nice. I like it.

I feel like Ata_Charlie is the only ape that's thinking. No offense to the other devs.

8. It's only the plunder that has been changed for the specific buildings, not the stats?

9. Plunder didn't change for me however I do like the change in event rewards.

10. does this mean that bigger builds will make less plunder doing the smaller ebs because they r trying to help a small clan build itself up so r u saying bigger builds shound leave smaller clans and not help them get bigger if they want to keep making max plunder

11. Hey Charlie, I'm not sure what you have to say about this but I am currently 8 million cs. That being said, pre update I was hitting The Summoner (tier 12) and receiving 50m per hit from bfa plunder. Post-update, I am receiving 43m per hit from the same EB. I'm not sure if this is the intended effect, but from what you said it seemed like plunder would only be reduced from hitting EBs that were BENEATH MY CAPABILITIES. I don't feel like I should be hitting LoTL as an 8mil cs. Thanks for your attention and response if any.

12. Charlie,

Do you think that this might put upward pressure on players doing smaller EBs because they're trying to help their tiny clan members grow?

13. Guess this explains the changes in cr mid war. Next time, please don't make this changes during war.

14. Bigger builds will not be effected, but some medium builds who have just reached the last tier of buildings have seen a shift in plunder. Effecting some players about 15-20% but they will see a significant increase in Event Drops as rewards.

But we are going to keep a close eye and monitor these changes as the event progresses.

15. I like the change as building is expensive,just one question though we have noticed many of our clan members have changed rank is this related to the changes made?

16. I'm just over 33 mil cs, why should my plunder drop on scrags? Considering I'm barely at the req to get into most clans running them I don't think they should be "too easy".

If you're trying to close the gap don't lower plunder for everyone who isn't bc. Good change with the silver bar rewards though.

Also any info on messed up clan ranks?

17. I have to say the huge drop in plunder is bad.no hte for me your gonna lose cash on that on another note what's up with our banners

18. Format of the page much better. Never liked scrolling through the long winded story but it's still there for those that like it.

The extra silver bars for the smalls is fantastic so they can upgrade those 3-5-7 trill buildings if they work hard for 2 weeks.

Well done.

19. Yeah. This isn't adding up at all. Dropping the plunder of a huge chunk of kaw, but not the big spenders. No favoritism there at all.

Please delete the lie about "being too strong" to hit.

20. Related to Clan Ranking:

Yes these changes are the ones contributing to shifts in clan rank. This is due to us feeling that players moving on to the last lands and reaching the highest tier of buildings were not seeing a jump in power until the end of the builds upgrade path.

These changes effect that and show some of this power to the players at an earlier point on that path.

Although plunder is changing by about 15% for players, the increase in event drops as well as some planned content will hopefully make that less painful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.