Let's Talk About Strippers

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Imitation-Cheese, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Now that I have your attention, I want to talk about strippers. More specifically, I wanna talk about strip mechanics.

Now, it's been a LONG time since I've been in a major war clam, so I'm a little rusty, so bear with me.

With the aid of a few friends, I did some testing on steal mechanics. It turns out that steals now depend on relative build size of stripper and stripee. I don't recall this having been the case (not sure when it changed either as I haven't tested in years). If I recall correctly, it used to be 0.2% lost per steal, regardless of build size.

So, based on my testing, a build around my size takes 0.1% gold per steal. Much smaller builds take less than 0.1%. And much larger builds (3x bigger) take roughly 0.2%.

So here are my questions:

1. Is this new?

2. How long has this been the case?

3. This means that the old rules of thumb regarding gold taken no longer hold true. Based on 0.1% taken per steal, that means that it now takes 3k steals to take half! (Assuming similar build size, no fails and not running UA).

4. Are there tiers, depending on how much gold you have out? All my testing was done with 500b out.

These new mechanics obviously benefit BC accounts the most because no one will ever be able to take more than 0.1% per steal, but they can take 0.2% or more from smaller targets.

Please help my dumb brain learn, all you smart OSW experts out there! :D

2. Ally LB accounts can take even more, especially if skimming attacks

3. Reserved for future commentary

4. Aww Cheese, you got me excited :(

Really though; if there was a mechanic change, shouldn't the devs have told us? Or did the release of OR lands and 500M+ builds effect the system?

5. Someone made a thread last week about PVP ally plunder mechanics change.

Apparently, ally plunder in PVP varies now, whereas it used to be constant.

So I guess that tells us that devs won't necessarily announce changes to mechanics, although, I believe that they should.

6. I doubt that the devs have ever told us about how mechs work and their changes. 9/10 of the times, a kawer discovers it and it becomes common knowledge with time.

I have noticed varying steal loss rates. I posted about it on the same thread. Some of it I attributed to the stat ranges with the OR but I'm not certain.

7. I'm not surprised that they wouldn't tell us. But I also believe they should. Any change in mechanics can effect all players potentially. They really should be informing us.

That's true Assassin. It would be nice to be informed though. It shouldn't always be up to players to stumble upon it by chance or to hunt around for it.

8. Not the type of strippers i was thinking of.

9. I'm just surprised that War Clams, let alone Major ones are a thing, must be absolutely terrifying to experience...

10. The size based mechanics have been around for a good while (too tired to remember exactly how long). The steals needed also don't run in a linear pattern. There's a giant difference in steals needed to clear 90% v 100%, but getting to 30% or 50% can be done quite quickly.

11. Attacks, when 6x larger than the opponent can take up to 0.98% a hit, steals can take up to 0.3%. The minimum an attack can take is 0.3% and the minimum a steal can take is 0.1%. This has been the case for 3/4 years now.

Leaderboard accounts hitting none leaderboard can almost solo strip with attacks and unholy aura, as they can take up to 2% gold an attack. Remember this 2% is not linear and decreases as gold decreases obviously.

12. This is so not the thread I was hoping it was

13. Here are my two cents and no, this is it new...I am a player who watches and makes notes of my observations. Back in the day when I youtz to wc and was war council for a clan, I was the nerd with the stats.....I have no doubt based on my old notes that when devs used to entice us with upgrading our software, they incorporarated mechanic changes. But they enticed us with new equip and or free stuff if and when you changed the software. I always held out and my stats on attacks and steals etc would remain the same as compared to others in my clan or others in season 2/3.

The devs got smart to the ones like me who refused to change and upgrade software. I am not 100% ON THIS NEXT STATEMENT but I would venture to say that with the last "required" upgrade they most likely changed what you are speaking of. I have not tested or even really cared, but they are sneaky lil wombats....free xtals and equip are not always as free as they seem. Just remember that.

Bait and Switch

*edited a spelling error and added youtz where used used to be...just didn't sound right using the word used. Any English majors out there?

14. You of all people are smart enough to know that cheese knows how to attract
    Our attention span. I wonder if we take over his thread with gifs, images and chatter on what we thought this thread was about if that constitutes derailing? I mean "technically" it would be on topic as per the title...right?

Or where you thinking something a bit more human like? You devil you....keep it 9+

15. It's always been this way.

16. One of my daughters, friends mum is a pole dancer, does that come under topic?

17. I'd say yeh

18. Let's talk about strippers hmm?

Well then, who's the most popular stripper in the world?

(world of KaW)

19. I expected the other kind of strippers, way to ruin my day man :(