Fort McMurray Emergency Aid

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, May 6, 2016.

1. I'm fairly confident that those affected by this devastating force of nature could care less what our intentions are. They will gladly appreciate it and be forever grateful for the kindness and generosity this community has to offer regardless as to whether they realize it came from us or not.

In this case, more is better.

2. Support

3. Canada are rich... why bother?

4. Yamashita
    Another reason why there should be rules for breeding

5. I am fairly confident that you did not fully read my post. Or the ones before or after it.

Before: I asked if I could do it without getting an achievement. Someone asked me why.

Durning: I said the ends outweight the means. For those who doesn't understand what that phrase means, it means that even if people do it for themselves that it still helps those in need and makes an event like this worth it.

After and with every other post: I didn't bash the charaty. I just said I didn't want a badge because I feel like most people who donate do it for themselves and I'd rather people know that I'm an ass. I also said that I generally do direct donations instead when the question came up.

Thanks for not being understanding of basic english, reading partally into a conversation, and being butt hurt about your moral achievement.

6. Oh look. I already knew that and posted about it. On the same page as your suggestion no doubt.

9+ rating game and even the adults act like they are still dancing between their.. I can't even say that on these forums..

7. It was a nice gesture from ATA.

I'm glad they did it and I wish more corporations would have more of a social conscience, even if it is not the most efficient way to raise money.

A lot of thoughtful discussion here, and I will just close with - don't let perfect get in the way of good.

8. Ata would have probably made a lot from seal sales given that the hte promo was held in conjunction with the relief aid. Not to mention the tax relief they'll get at the end of the year. Whether their intentions were altruistic or not, well played ata. 

9. @ATAGrant: Y'know, i feel you could have made the fund raiser go for a week, or even 5 days?

we that work a lot tend to miss certain things here, and being some what of a humanitarian, if seen, i would have gladly donated to this cause.
    i live in an area thats at constant threat every summer of disastrous forest fires. I've seen what it does to communities.

although there are plenty of ways to donate to this cause, is there any reason why your timeframe to donate was so small?

in any case. thank you for thinking of the communities and familys that have been affected by these fires.

-Måđ

10. ATA woulda made a bunch from seals. They also woulda made a bunch from xtals BECAUSE of the seal sale. In saying that though, they could have donated all profits for the 24hour period...but thank you ATA, for the donations none the less. Something is better than nothing.

And Hatter, you can still donate now. ATAs donation period might be over but that doesn't restrict you from donating. They left a link at the bottom of the OP for direct donations to the Red Cross.

11. Let me help you out this one time. Your posts, for the most part, have been about you and what you do. The proof demonstrated when in one sentence you use "I" and variations of it, five times. When you're not talking about yourself, you're talking about what other people's intentions are like you are a behavioral psychologist. How do you know what the intentions were of those who bought crystals? You don't.

You did say the ends outweigh the means. That's great, you've covered the basics of human decency. However, that has not been your main point. Your main point has been what you do and why you do it. You have wanted us all to know why your "moral" compass and decency is better than the rest of ours. You could have easily responded to the question asked of you in pm; you did not. But please forgive me, my comprehension of the English language is basic.

Finally, if you believe ATA is making a mistake by offering a badge for those who donate to a cause, create a thread about it. Start the "no badge" movement. I wish you the best of luck. For injustice lurks in every corner of the world and what better place to fight it is there than the forums of Kaw!

The last word is yours if you wish to use it. I won't be responding to you from this point forward.

Ps: Well done everyone, even if your need to flaunt your superb moral decency was the sole purpose for buying crystals!

12. Event ???? Fort Mac warning update ??? Come on your slow devs

13. Well said.....another new age noob trying to grab the headlines n make things all about them.....maggot your a noob

14. All I gotta say is well done ATA, sorry I missed out on the event to donate . But did my part via red cross. And thank you kawmunnity for chipping in. Small world and we need to be able to help each other out. However would have liked to see a similar program when the Nepal earthquakes happened , many are still displaced. But I still think the move by ATA was a positive one. Cheers

15. No offense but Kansas had a devastating fire before Canada.

Over 3 million miles of fence needs to be re done.

Commanche and Kiowa counties were burned FUBAR

Homes, livestock including birds, deer, rabbits etc. these people
    depend on to eat and live were taken.

If you want to help them it would be appreciated

16. Not sure they can help everyone that's involved in a natural disaster, they chose to help this one because ata is a Canadian company, and their personal lives or loved ones were involved. Like they said, this disaster hit close to home for a lot of their workers.

Would be amazing if they helped everyone, but ata is still a business and still has employees to pay and bills to take care of.

17. Everyone complains about monotonous events until there isn't one...

18. Next time you plan to make a prom like that please give us notice ... I was at work all day that day , and not to mention broke for 1 day after promo ... 1 day?! Gahhhh not impressed I missed out on so much , to much.

19. give us a notification on the next disaster please...

hurricane samuel is striking new york tomorrow, so get you wallets ready!