Fort McMurray Emergency Aid

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, May 6, 2016.

1. A large wildfire has broken out in the Canadian city of Fort McMurray.
    (News article)

The fire continues to burn and has so far destroyed at least 1,600 buildings and homes. The entire population of over 88,000 has been evacuated, making this the largest wildfire evacuation in Canada's history.

For many of us at A Thinking Ape, this disaster has hit very close to home and to offer our support to those affected we will be donating all proceeds from the purchases of the following premium items in our games made between 12PM PDT on Friday. May 6th and 12PM PDT on Saturday, May 7th.

Kingdoms at War: Health Crystals
    Party In My Dorm: Doctor's Notes
    SMASH Monsters: Value Vials

Any player who purchases Health Crystals during this time will also receive a special achievement to signify their contribution to this cause. This achievement will be distributed early next week.

The Federal Government will be matching all donations to the Red Cross for the Fort McMurray fires, and anyone wishing to make their own contribution is also able to do so on the Canada Red Cross website.

2. Active now?

3. Best of luck to those affected :O

4. Oh no =(

5. Time for me to buy xtals again. Will the daily xtal sale deals count?

6. From
    All of us in Alberta during this terrible time thank you ATA every bit will help

7. Will I get an achievement for buying just one xtal?

8. Not trying to be picky, but when you did the tsunami ones did you not donate ALL proceeds to the cause?

I fully support this btw, just wondering why it's changed.

9. I didn't get xtals thru the special promo but I did buy xtals....will this count?

10. They are donating ALL proceeds from xtals

11. I helped! However, yall have to take Justin Beiber back. I'll pay you to take him

12. +1

13. It's truly an unfortunate situation for everyone affected. Many of us here have friends and family in Alberta, and I hope all of yours are safe as well.

It was also proceeds from Health Crystals back then.
    viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49634

Crystals purchased directly from the store are counted.

You will

14. I'll donate soon that's sad

15. Well darn I bought some at 12ish est :(

16. Time to buy some more crystals.
    Thoughts go to those affected. My respect to ata for supporting another worthy cause.

17. Nice call devs. A smaller, but more localized community outreach. Count me in.

I hope those affected / displaced can get their lives reconstructed quickly.

18. Is this active now?????? Want to donate but only if it's active

19. It is active right now but they stated that you won't get any achievement until after fundraiser ends.