Fort McMurray Emergency Aid

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, May 6, 2016.

1. This dude is a total idiot.

2. Thank you for helping us to help donate what little we can.

3. Why some people has the achievement but not me?

4. Achievements will go out Monday. As far as I'm aware nobody should have them yet.

5. This guy though, Grant?^

6. OH I HAVE IT TOO.

7. I have the achievement too as do quite a few others.

8. What if I donate and wish to not have an achievement?

9. Why would you not want to show you helped support a cause?

I am sure though you could contact support if the achievement bothered you.

10. Achievements are brash and unbecoming. It fuels to the instinctive of bragging about having a higher moral compass when many do it to feel better about themselves instead of actually helping.

The ends, though, out weigh the means but I'd rather distance myself from higher morality. It takes away from the image I like to set for my name in this game. Which is being an ass.

11. Support :lol:

12. The last few charities I did so through direct charities. May do so again with this one. I have no shortages of xstals.

13. If the only issue for you is the badge, they did provide a link for you to donate directly. That would not give you a badge.

14. any clue yet grant we want to know how much was raised

15. People are so bothered by an achievement? You want one? Come help rebuild, re-home people, create new jobs for those who have lost theirs. If you want an achievement, I can gladly link you to multiple job applications to help with the cleanup.

16. Please read all of my post. I believe I already covered that.

Asking people to volenteer or even work. In kaw? That won't happen. Good heart on yah though. Those people do need help. Anyways I'm going back to lurking as people flash their badges at each other.

17. Go to the Red Cross link , all your donating needs can be met there without a achievement

18. IAFF Responds to Fort McMurray Wildfire Disaster
    The IAFF continues to monitor the devastating wildfire in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is working closely with our provincial affiliate, the Alberta Fire Fighters Association (AFFA), and with 6th District Vice President Lorne West, to help coordinate assistance to approximately 170 members of Fort McMurray ​Local 2494 who live in the city and are directly impacted by this disaster.
    Prayers go out to all my brothers fighting the fires and the families displaced.
    I have called the administration and waiting for a response to join arms with you in helping to fight the fires. I was told 450 firemen at a time on a rotating shift May our brotherhood hold strong, help is on the way.