New Lands and Peoples Complaints Thought Bubble

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by IlXlIilIoIIxllalIsII, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Hi Everyone,

ATA is a business and just like my business they like to make money. Bringing in new lands will bring in more money.

The people that spend the most money on kaw in general are build complete already and have been for some time. This will give them something that will create big spending from those big spenders. Some say that's a money grab by ATA and yes it is but if this is your business I can guarantee that the majority of you would do the same.

I was surprised when Battle Cry was introduced and didn't think it a good business decision being they cost is Aussies $7 and told the Devs that maybe a clan community purchase was a better idea for it. But I have noticed how wrong I was over this last month and have been blow away with the amount of battle cries bought by a single person let alone the multiples in each clan trying to outdo other clans. It's nothing to see clans with 200hrs when you entry and not even HTE clans.

I think ATA has been smart over the past few months giving the people events where the dominate eb for the item drops was not HTE. It's given people the opportunity to get to the higher levels of rewards without spending if they didn't want. And for those of us suckers that spend too much it gave us good top 100 rewards.

Please remember that this game has lasted a lot longer than most games do. ATA have successfully made money from it regardless of all our complaints of the changes and they need to ride it for as long as they can. That's why we have new lands, it's definitely not about the new player or the player that isn't Built Complete as they are not spending a lot of money, and no business can survive for long not making money. And if they do spend a lot of money then build complete here they come.

The game was the best in the Pwar days for community. It was my favourite time in kaw. Now kaw is a tap tap game with little community feel to it. You only have to keep your seal current and get to stay in clans where in the Pwar days you had to be involved in the clan or you weren't welcome.

That being said I am still here tap tap tapping away and with 3 full time accounts still. Why is that? It's things like the new lands and how long will it take me to BC and the things like when the lowland wars where in beta trial were fun because many gave it a go and even these stupid event. I say stupid but still try and get 1 account into top 100 each time if the rewards are good enough. Same with the pvp events, I personally try and stay out of trouble but enjoy the fun of the event when the rewards are good enough and time allows it (usually open an OSF and OAF). I don't even mind getting the incoming from the other LB's which we all hate when not in this event.

Anyway, enough rambling by me. I just thought this might help the younger people out there that think this game was made for them to enjoy. Well it's not or we'd still have pwars but that didn't make enough money. What the game is for is to make ATA a lot of money.

Opinions of a Patman brought to its own thread.

2. Tl;dr please

3. The fact that the new lands are made to be unlocked alongside the abyss shows how these new lands aren't the successor to the abyss but more of another optional path. If the new lands were a successor to the abyss then it would slow down people not a good chunk through their abyss but because it's unlocked alongside it then we have far better chances to upgrade faster.

Also before it's said yes I'm bc but I have an alt working into abyss right now and it will benefit that account a lot.

4. This man, speaks da truth!!! :3

TL;Dr ATA is a business and in order to make money from Kaw they have to add new lands lel

5. Great thread Pat. It gives a lot of true insight of how KAW has evolved from pwars (no seals or xstals needed) when clans were very social and was fun to log on to cc, to when eb clans were created for just item chasers. Not many socialized with strangers. This created the "it's all about me peep in KAW".
    Now it's all about spending RL money. That's fine, as it's a personal choice. What I don't understand is these 6 month to 1yr player whining about the LB gap. You already have had so much reduced for you in costs to build, and now new starter package last yr, can have all LL already purchased. Add to the fact you have huge paying eb's to make gold. I rem when the only 2 eb's to make gold were Haunt and FOD. And nothing new was added for almost a yr.
    And Kezzer- that is an interesting point

6. Your telling me they're not creative enough to come up with a gold sink that doesn't involve adding a new set of lands or buildings? Cool

7. Businesses have to come up with new ideas and new products if they want to bring in more revenue. No new product or content is being created here, that's the end of it. That's all it's been for 3 years now.

8. New lands in? Damn you ATA.. I'm back :)

Hi Pat! How's going?

9. lolololol

10. Or Devs are bringing in new lands because more then 2.5k players are BC....