Surviving the new Clans

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Delphin, Jan 29, 2016.

1. In the wake of the new mandatory update to how Clans work, there seems to be an overall concensus that the changes done have been disastrously negative.
    My goal with this thread is to hopefully mitigate some of your worries, or at least, help understand what the best course of action is to take in this strange new land of clans.

I feel the biggest concern most players have is "it costs too much to unlock everything". Which, may be true.

Ouch. That's a hefty price tag for what used to be completely free.

Here's how we mitigate some of the cost of owning a clan in this day and age.
    Anyone who has the ability to manage clan roles eh? So let's take a look at that handy dandy refence chart the devs gave us.

Alright, so we see that from Warlord to Armsmaster can actually purchase new slots. So what do we do? The Armsmaster is closest to what used to be everything a admin used to do, and it's the cheapest option. So, buy one of those, and give it to one of your members who wants to be one. Thier responsibility now is to purchase a new Armsmaster slot for the next person. Do this until either you don't need more admin slots, or you reach 6 Armsmaster. Still get the last one purchased though. That 7th slot will get passed around from person to person who will each pay to open their own slot, whatever role they wish to fill in your clan.

Let's compare some roles to see how worthwhile they actually are to purchase.

The War Chief role replaces the previous Clan Admin position. They are able to Kick Clan Members, Start Wars, Change User Roles/Titles, Manage Clan Applications, Mute Members in Clan Chat, Start/Forfeit Epic Battles, and Edit Clan Notices + Clan Page.

Starting Slots: 1
    Max Slots: 3
    Slot Purchase Price: 1T Gold

The War Chief is awesome. It almost let's you do everything that the owner can do... but. At the steep cost of 1T a slot. Opening all the slots will run the clan 2 trillion gold. For some, this is a little steep. What makes it worth 1T Gold? Well, compared to the commander, (see below) the extra 500B let's you kick members! That's right. It let's you do the same thing as the charge hand- which only costs 50B, and you can have up to 10 of those, although it's unlikely you'll need that many..

Commanders are able to Start Wars, Change User Roles/Titles, Manage Clan Applications, Mute Members in Clan Chat, Start/Forfeit Epic Battles, and Edit Clan Notices + Clan Page.

Starting Slots: 1
    Max Slots: 5
    Slot Purchase Price: 500B Gold

In between War Chief and Armsmaster, the commander commands respect. The cost of 500B might seem more manageable to some, while smaller clans might be in disbelief that they'll ever have that kind of cash. So what makes it 400B better than Armsmaster? Starting wars. What? In my opinion this is a luxury role. It's nice to have, but you already have 3 people capable of declaring system wars that were completely free- that's probably plenty for most clans.

Armsmasters are able to Change User Roles/Titles, Manage Clan Applications, Mute Members in Clan Chat, Start/Forfeit Epic Battles, and Edit Clan Notices + Clan Page.

Starting Slots: 0
    Max Slots: 7
    Slot Purchase Price: 100B Gold

Probably my favorite role. Basically everything old admins used to do anyway. The only unfortunate thing is that they can't admit applicants into the clan. I feel this is the most efficient and worthwhile role available for most clans.

Captains are able to Mute Members in Clan Chat, Start/Forfeit Epic Battles, and Edit Clan Notices + Clan Page.

Max Slots: 10
    Slot Purchase Price: 50B Gold

Really you're spending 50B to have more people start ebs and silence each other in CC. I recommend filling out captain positions before Knights, since it's same price with added benefit of muting, but if you have someone who annoyingly silences everyone all the time, make them a knight. Same price- can still start EBS, but less annoying cc mutes.

Knights are able to Start/Forfeit Epic Battles, and Edit Clan Notices + Clan Page.

Eh. 50B to start ebs. Probably good to have a couple of these/Captains around after filling out your Armsmaster slots.

Recruiters are able to Manage Clan Applications.

Quite important! Without the recruiters you would have very few people able to accept new members. If you have a revolving door you will want to fill these spots, possibly even before you fill out the people who can start ebs. If you're an established clan who rarely lets new members in, your applicants can wait for the owner or war chief to come by and let you in. Although if you're established, what's 50B to you? Amirit?

Chargehands are able to Kick Clan Members and Mute Members in Clan Chat.

Slot Purchase Price 50B Gold

Maybe worth having a couple of. Maybe. If the owner/Warlord isn't around much, and you only have 1 war chief it might be useful to have another person available to Kick troublemakers. In my opinion though, these are needless. You already have your top 2 roles who can do this and much more. And in all likely hood those two are your most active, or most accessible through a pm.

Well. That's about it. If you think I'm off base or need to add anything let me know.

Tl;Dr version: pass roles around and make admins buy their own positions. If they refuse, maybe they shouldn't be admin in your clan anyway. Otherwise they will pay for their spot. It's not as awful as we all might think.

Remember how we all opposed EBS and claimed pwars were the only way.

2. Make a new dimension already.

3. I am one of those people who is gonna start a clan soon. ty for these amazing tips

4. Nice thread

5. Nice thread, don't know why this hasn't had a better reception.

6. No support. Sorry.

7. No price is considered hefty, considering the fact that silver bars are thrown around so casually.

8. Support

9. Support! Armsmasters rule xD

10. Arms masters can let people into clan op. Just to let you know. That's what manage clan applications is. You said they couldn't so you mightve missed it