Bronze Bars and Season 5 Prep.

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by O_o_____Frog____o_0, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Hello mates. I'm writing today to ask you all about your strategies in using bronze bars before or during season 5.

I'm on the fence about what to do. I could sell them all then do upgrades. However the last time I upgraded a lot, I moved from the second tier indie EB level into the top tier, which of course has all the problems with LB bfa the devs haven't solved yet. Not upgrading quickly and fighting in a lower tier might be the smarter move.

Then again, using the 900B to max out a building will bring me more plunder with each EB I do, so a quick upgrade might be advantageous, as long as it's not a tower.

Another idea I have is using the bars little by little to bridge gaps. Have you ever been in the situation where you had to EE war soon but we're 30-40B short of an upgrade? Using the bars to cover these gaps could be the solution .

(Then there is the fact they could become quick funds if I ever needed to strip an enemy ps during war, but you know I'd never do that. )

These are just some of the ideas rattling through my tiny frog brain. What are you planning to do?

All the best
    o_O_____Frog___o_0

2. Sell them all and say on wc:"free lunch!"

3. I'm looking to start warring in s5, I haven't warred in kaw for a while (last one was an estoc in december 2013) - I did a lot of warring in FC for the 7 months I played it before it was shut down :(
    Not being in a war clan, indies in s5 is perfect for me. But obviously I need to change my build around a bit. I just want to ask, looking at my stats, how much stats in towers I should get (spy and troops). Thanks :)

4. Use it to fill the gaps. You dont want to bank in a low cost bad ally or in bronze bars/pots right before war. Because you will end up with less money after

5. Cash them in upgrades you'll make allot of gold before s5 starts with the upcoming hte promo .
    Without that hte promo do use the gold to fill instead of banking.

6. Upgrade -> Increased Gold output -> Buy more BB

7. @johnathan

It's obvious that you will need to build both spy towers and attack towers. However, in theory anyway, these indi should favor attack builds as opposed to primals which work best when lots of spies are coordinated efficiently on one team.

With that in mind, I would build 2 adt for every sdt you build. That should be the most effective strategy for you going into S5.

8. I'm leaning towards this strategy. Just wonder if I have the patience to do it.

9. I think filling the gaps is probably the best use of them, it means you'll never have to waste gold by banking it if you're short before the war.

10. An important point, chaos. However you do not address the issue if upgrading is advantageous for me.

For 15-man indies, I more often than not found myself in the second tier, and with my towers at that tier few would challenge me.

However because I did lots of upgrading to get ready for the ASW, I found myself thrown into the highest tier for Indie, often ranked cr 13-14. Of course my towers aren't gonna scare anyone in the highest tier, but like how I discussed in another thread, there are problems with the way the devs handle bfa in the highest tier that make gameplay less fun there.

Therefore part of me wants to keep a more modest build so I can fight in tier 2, being a big fish in a little pond compared to a small fish in a big pond.

( however, there is always the danger the devs will place me in the highest tier even if I don't upgrade, which would really make me look like a fool. )

11. Frog,

For your particular situation, I believe upgrading is the best bet. Especially since you have the reset equipment which boosts you an additional 32%, that of which almost nobody has. Size is your advantage. :p

We do not know whether these indi wars will be 15 vs 15, 30 vs 30, 50 vs 50 or 100 vs 100. That alone will determine quite a bit.

More details for season 5 will be next week.

12. Cheers frog. Now I've got the ratio covered - how much tower stats should i have in relation to my regular stats? I'm roughly 8m attack + defence (i've got balanced buildings), 500k spy attack + defense. So should i have an extra 2m in atk towers and 1 mil in spy towers? More? Less?

13. Surely it's this week now? Devs said next week last friday.
    Sorry if I sound pedantic - I just want to be sure.

14. @chaos

That is an important piece of information. I was just assuming they were 15-aside and I would have a chance at the second tier. 30-aside or 50-aside would be a whole new ballgame.

15. @jonathan

It's been a while I've been your size and I have next to zero experience fighting in your tier.

However, given S5 is less than a week away, you should be building only towers now, nothing else.

If you need a model, most attack builds have sdt much higher than their spy stats. You might even tear down a spy or two to improve this ratio.

As for adt, I'm considered by many to be adt heavy, and my adt is about 60% of my total attack stats.

16. I just hope it's not more than 30 a side.
    Every season it has been 25-29 a side. 50, 100 a side is an invitation to cast more alts, have more moles yada yada.
    As for the main post, I've saved my BB for a rainy day :3

17. Right, so if I get 4m in atk towers and half that in spy towers, i should be ok. Hopefully.
    Anotger thing - I've never known which land i should build towers on. Should i keep a consistent ratio of towers to other buildings on each land (5 towers on ll, hl, hf, and abyss, for example). Or should i build them all on a particular land (fill ll with towers and all other lands with regular buildings, for example)?

18. I've played around with the brackets I war in and making the best build for them, I've got nearly all lvl 1 troop builds that way I get the best plunder for as little stats. I am also working on maxing my tower builds so I can have as few towers for as much stats as possible. Another trick if you do want to upgrade and want to be perfect for season 5 is to make all your spy buildings level 1 (this is for a tank build only) this way you get more plunder from them and less stats meaning you get in a lower bracket.

19. I recall the season starting August 10 or so, in such you may be correct! Hopefully it's this week!

All details regarding Season 5 are entirely in developer eyes and tbh I'm uncertain what end result will be.

Keep an eye on forums, is all I can surely say!

20. Good info there Posediin