individual War Strategy For Noobs...Like Me

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by FC_PoolShooTer-_-DDS, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Ty for all the input. What about adp or sdp?

2. Parlez-vous Francais?

3. Although it was one wall of text, i believe if someone who had never warred before read it, they would have a decent understanding of the war process

So good job

4. Oui, mais je ne parle pas bien Francais.

5. TIL that WC stands for Water Closet. Neat.

6. "Why do so* many people -->not* know..."
    - also your first sentence is a fragment.
    Commas are not needed when you use the word "and" hence why the conjunction exists...

Also, your sentence structure is full of fragments. Maybe you should attend more school to learn how to make a compound- complex sentence before you correct other users grammar?

Edit: op has a great thing going on here, yes it might be a wall of text but these words of advice are quite good considering the time he put into it.

7. Support, pretty basic introduction for people that have no idea what to do. Could be structured and laid out nicer but lets be honest, if people need a guide theyll use a guide, even if it's a wall of text xD.

Only extra thing I could say is to have about 200 of each pot will be more than enough for each war.

8. Are teams created completlet at random?

9. Please don't upset the 3 times ASW champion !

10. Usually that's the case.

11. Not a bad guide for those starting to war, most important to Indi is following wc strategy in my opinion. This is why War Medallions for top plunder and actions makes no freakin sense what so ever (Devs obviously never use their own system!) to me but I digress. Follow your WC, he/she should be experienced enough to get you a victory!

12. Sorry, mate, but a comma is used in front of a conjunction when connecting two independent clauses. My use is correct.

Also I'm not correcting his grammar; I'm correcting his vocabulary and spelling. "Loose" and "lose" are two very different words. His vocabulary is wrong, not his grammar. Only an idiot would think I'm correcting grammar.

Also, why we do we assume every time someone corrects a blatant mistake that we are making fun of a non-native speaker? He seems competent enough in English to me.

From my experience, just because you've spoken a certain language from birth does not make you immune to making mistakes in its diction.

Anyways, I pointed out an error and the OP corrected it. It wasn't the end of the world. Let's move on and discuss his interesting topic.

13. The Individual War Strategy for Noobs... Like me.

I recently had a friend ask about taking part in a Indi war. He said he really couldn't find much info that helped here. So here is what I told him in a nut shell.
    (Disclaimer)I am by no means a pro but I couldn't find any real info either when I started. I was lucky to have some seasoned players share strategy so I am sharing here for the masses.
    Vocab to know:

WC (War Commander)
    This player issues target orders for the start and duration of the war.

Tracker
    These players keep track of Who is open, and when players that have been KO'd are going to come out of pin.

KO (Knocked Out)
    Temporarily knocked out of the war.

SKO (Self Knock Out)
    Dumping troops and spies in order to self knock out.

CR (Clan Roster)
    The list of members in the opposing clan.

The Basics

it is best to start with a weekend war to get a feel for war. It has up to 100 player rosters and you will blend in a bit more. Weekday wars have 15 player max rosters. Hopefully someone will speak up and be the WC (War Commander) who will issue target orders for the start of the war as well as throughout. There will also hopefully be a Tracker . They keep track of who is open and when players that have been KO'd (Knocked Out) are going to come out of pin. As long as you have good leadership it makes it easier to win. But it's random teams so it's luck of the draw. Depending on your build your likely going to want to dump troops and then spies. Getting KO'd by troops loses significantly more plunder for your team then by getting KO'd with only spies left. (Once you have a lot of attack defense towers these mechanics will change) When you do these mechs it is called a Self KO or SKO . Then depending on the war type you will have up to 10 minutes before you can complete another action. To test you will need to try and hit as soon as you regen once. It will give you a window that says how long you have until you can hit. Then as that time nears you will want to Spam hit an open target. (Continue trying to attack until the game lets you). Typically you will fail the hit but that's okay because you are performing an SKO. After you dump your troops then you will Fail Steal to empty remaining spies. So NO pots. (You will want to get some advice from a similar build with more experience to make sure these mechanics are correct for your build style) Typically the WC will give a crystal order towards the last 25% of time remaining. So you will always need to have a crystal available for war to help your team. You can only use one per war.
    Some things I left out from the beginning. You will want/need to use all of the first 4 mith stat increases. I also recommend using the hide your allies and then add a color to your name. Spending all of this Mith is costly but if your team wins you will get it back x2 usually. And sometimes by much more. (This is how you save for Mith equipment) Usually I wait until 15 minutes before war starts to activate all of these so that I get more time to use them after the war ends.
    And when the WC gives you a target they are talking about the Clan Roster number (CR) so I always find targets using the clan roster rather then the active war roster. The active roster changes as the war goes based off of successful actions and plunder.

More...

Being next to a computer will also help if you play from a mobile device. The WC or Tracker will put a web address in the clan announcement. Usually it's something like http://www.tinyurl.com/warroster. This will be a google spreadsheet that everyone can help fill out. It helps the WC assign targets based off of build types and stats. It is also a nice quick reference tool during war to find a name of a target or CR# if needed.
    I hope this helps.

Neatened it up, cuz I'm kind.

14. Nice job OP.

Kept my comment short to ensure I didn't fall foul of the gramma nazi's 

15. I guess forums blocked out "n a z i ' s"

