*Nobility/Crystal Drop Rate Experiment*

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by *Excavate (02), Mar 22, 2015.

1. You left us hanging, Toast.
    Your update got me a little curious... So I decided to run a little experiment myself.
    To see whether or not these nobility/crystal drop rates are accurate.
    I would quest farm, hitting ONLY Excavate, the first and easiest quest, to limit my quest fails.

Before I begin delving into my conclusions, here is what I set out doing.

The Method
    - Create a new account.
    - Get it vollied up in WC to provide 50-80 mil starting cash.
    - BEGIN QUEST FARMING!

My quest farming method was simple, and effective. Unload on Excavate, then rely on the land trick for the rest.

Good question. Ever noticed how, when you build on a newly explored land, that you get a load of free hits? That's it. Basically whenever you build on a newly-explored land, you get pretty much a FREE almost-full unload (you get a lot more free hits building an attack building, rather than a spy building).

You could say I "utilized" this trick well.

- So I basically explored a new land, then built a bestiary on each one. Then I unloaded and repeated, until I ran out of gold.
    - After that? I reset. And repeated the whole process.

*NOTE* Resets are limited to one per day, to prevent uber-exploitation.

So, the method was that.
    I would basically quest and quest and quest until I reached my goal of 59 nobility.
    (I think you know why :lol: )

Progress Tracking

As I'm sure you're aware, when you reset, your profile statistics also reset. This means that I would need to keep track of my quests each time I reset.

Check my wall if you wish to see how I did that :p

Conclusions

So, here we go.

After 5806 quests, from 15 resets, I received 59 nobility points and 3 crystals. I stopped questing as soon as I hit 59 nobility - in that sense, it's likely that the nobility drop rate will be more accurate than the crystal drop rate that I have calculated.

Nobility drop rate = 59/5806 = ~1.0162%
    Crystal drop rate = 3/5806 = ~0.0517%

*EXTRA NOTE*
    These figures, especially the calculated crystal drop rate, will likely NOT be too accurate. This is due to the fact that 5806 quests is not nearly enough trials to determine an accurate figure.

However, relating back to Toast's quote at the beginning of the thread, it seems as if his initial values seem to reflect true drop rates. This does NOT mean, however, that you should expect to receive a nobility point every ~100 quests. The drop is random, and so you may receive 3 points in the space of 20 quests, but then again, not receive a single nobility in the space of 300 quests.

Incredibly, I managed to get 2 back-to-back nobility drops, which, using my calculated values...

(1/~100)^2 = ~1/10,000 = 1 in 10,000 chance.
    Pretty rare, eh?

Oh, and here's a rare crystal drop that I managed to screenshot!

So is this a seal-farming exploit?

Na, I wouldn't say so.
    It would take ATLEAST 15 days to farm a seal in this way, and that's supposing you manage to reset on time, each day.
    Put into perspective, I'm adamant that if an account were to hit fast B2B Haunts, or even B2B Warbeasts for 15 days, they get at least 1 SoD drop.

Anyways, thanks for reading.
    This will come as boring for some, hopefully a little more interesting for others. :p

Tl;Dr - Toast's nob/xstal drop rate values are pretty legit.

2. Nice follow up on toast's old work.

3. Effort nice really good test enjoy your sod

4. Very nice :D

5. I also found nob drop rate to be approximately 1%

6. Big effort

7. I've gotten a double nob drop from quests as well. I was waiting for war and was unloading on quests in hopes of a nob or two. The same thing happens with mage enchants, I notice often I will get back to back successful or unsuccessful enchantments, so it may have somethin to do with Kaws randomizer system.

8. MAKE THIS THREAD STICKY AND PUT IT ON THE GUIDES SECTION!!!

9. I have never ever ever got a nob drop on a quest

10. What is this? Is this actually helpful? Who are you?

This is amazing! :)

11. I remember Toast's experiment, where quite a few players got asked to check nob and xtal drop rates for one specific quest, depending on their size.

The resulting drop rates indicated no dependance on the quest, thereby recommending doing the first quest to avoid fails. As quite a few quests were done, those rates should be pretty accurate.

12. I have 23k quests from my tests and got similar results to yours

13. conclusion: just buy them. 2 weeks is way too much of an opportunity cost investment lol.

14. 1 More and you can change your name 3x. Dumb Dumb Dumber

15. Or you could just do this with an alt you don't care about alongside your main. Every 2 weeks you get a seal to drop for your main, doesn't sound too bad as long as you remember to log onto your at every day.

16. Hmm I've just thought...
    People would just have 5 farming accounts, effectively getting a seal every 3 days.

17. Maybe so but I would rather use said alt for haunts or at least depraved for a chance at seals or horns on a much more regular basis and still make a profit.

18. I've done 115,000 quests on this account. It takes me about ten to twelve days to find 59 nobility points. I don't reset or do the land trick any more. The land trick gives you about 660 extra quests for the lowlands. I have found 59 nobs in eight days with land trick. You can find up to 3 nobility points in a single unload of troops, although it's only happened about 12 times. I have done hundreds of land complete resets, but don't do them any longer since the quests no longer reset.

19. Holy moly macaroni cheesecake.