Tower Builds (CG) Before HFL

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Malestone7469, Jan 8, 2015.

1. An Excerpt for the Tower Build
    (BEFORE HOARFROST WAS INTRODUCED)

A lot of people have been asking about this build and I guess something should be written up on this

According to CG's description, a tower build is DTW to spy and troops if no gold is out.

So let's have a look at the build, and a recovery from the build.

Lowland
    20 Defence Towers (=20/50= 40% of lands)

The Defence Towers can be
    - Spy Def Towers or
    - Def Towers, or
    - a mixture of Aboreal Trees n Def Towers, or
    - a mixture of Changeling Watchtowers and Spy Def Towers.

The rest of Lowlands can be attack buildings or one spy building, the rest attack

Highlands can be all attack buildings, or a Volary and all attack buildings

One of the things to keep in mind, you need a huge BFA, so that's 85b allies x 250 ally slots. And you need to be in top 200 in Ally Leaderboard, else you will fail in your quest to be a tower build.

So as explained earlier, let's take Camji's Build, as an Example
    Lowlands:
    1 L3 Castle
    5 L3 Cursed Foundry
    16 L3 Lookout Fortresses (Def Twr x 16)
    2 L3 Stronghold of Shadows
    1 L3 Defence Fortress (Def Twr x1)

Highlands:
    2 L3 Changeling Watchtowers (Def Twr x2)
    14 L3 Colony
    6 L3 The Hatchery
    1 L3 Arboreal Dungeon (Def Twr x1)
    2 L3 Tortured Gardens

Altogether Def Twrs = 16 1 2 1 = 20

I dislike Camji's Build, too many mixture of buildings.

But basically like CG says, you can't assassinate past a certain stage, in this case about 10x max by a pure spy.
    If the spy building is below 20% you're DTW
    If there is no gold out, you're DTW to attacks, so your troop levels remain high.

Disadvantages of Tower Builds:
    1. The Defence structures do not contribute any plunder or ally bonus
    2. Your first hit in Haunting plunder is 28.x m, so sucky
    3. If all the def buildings are relegated to LowLands, it will take you 300b, to convert them back into L3 SoS, if that's the case you can switch between builds, but you lose 300b every time you change builds between the two

NOW OF COURSE WITH HOARFROST ITS A WHOLE ANOTHER STORY

2. You are dumb, devs changed tower build mechanics to be 75% towers not 50%.

Good job making a thread you know nothing about... Plus why do we care about this before HF? That was 2 years ago.

3. Good concept, but please update us with Hf lands.
    As new lands are coming out soon, it wpuld b of great help if u can provide us abt hf lands too

4. If anyone has any questions about the build you can ask me and I'll answer it. I actually know.

The devs realized the greater than 50% tower build dtw mechanics was an "exploit" and changed it to 75% years ago. Along with this they gave full refunds for all towers for a day for anyone who wanted to change build away from the 50% tower build.

Edit: apparently changed again to 85%

5. First season of EE was the reason they nerfed tower builds...

Soooooooo yeaaaaaaaah...

Cool thread?

6. Why are you dtw if your just your spies are below 20%? I thought that being dtw to att/ass was dependant on troops or gold and spies only came into it if you're a hyb?

7. Where are you getting these numbers from? 28m a hit on HTE? Yea if your lucky.. SDT causes more plunder drop than ADT. Who says you need top 200 ally LB..? Just go HF spy and you can have 6.8m spy attack with tower mechs. Just have like 20t in all spy BFA and max equip.

Why would you make a "guide" (is this what it is? I can't really tell...) not including HF lands? I.. Don't get it.

9. Lol. Also val they said 28m a hit on normal haunting. I get 28 mil on normal haunting now. :lol:

10. Accidentally quoted instead of editing. I meant HF spy buildings. Apparently the delete post button doesn't work?

11. First competitor for Failthread of the Year Award.

The FOTY 2015 commitee has accepted your self-nomination.

Please stay tuned as more participants are expected this year than ever before!

12. 85% now mate

13. I'm building one I'll do a test to be 100% soon.

14. Last tests I heard of where 85% towers to achieve tower build mechs.

Not sure exact percentages though so don't quote me.

What I am sure of is the BFA thing. People misunderstand the need for LB gold. You dont need lots of BFA to make the build work. You need lots of BFA to make the build worth building. Why would anyone go tower build to protect 300b in allies?

Also, the plunder isn't as bad as ppl think. It's worseî„…

15. Might I add those tests were done in the days following the nerf of tower mechs around 2 years ago. Mechanics probably have changed

16. I've no choice but to bring in this topic because the Tower Build Guide has gone missing again.

It's insane the amount of data that goes missing from KaW forums nowadays.

Even the "iG the legendary myth" was deleted by some obnoxious newbie mod.

It's crazy.

17. So its 85%? i was actually under the impression
    that towerbuild mechs were completely taken out ...this is welcome news lol...i am looking forward to your update troll ...if done correctly with HF attack/spy buildings the towerbuild could be pretty deadly

18. Malestone....

Have you seen my baseball?

19. i emailed support in regards to towerbuild mechanics..marvin replied back stating that it was an old exploit and has been removed from game..didnt say anything about an increase in % of buildings needed to achieve mechanics..only that it has been removed

20. Um have you talked with Marvin, first off his name is Marvin second in my experience he's a few fries short of a happy meal.