[Guide]How To Record Your KaW/PC/Mac Screen?

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Brock, Jan 6, 2015.

1. [​IMG]

Hello KaW Community!
    After knowing many players in KaW have no idea of computers I decided to make a series of guides to help you all to learn a bit more of PC and games (for those interested)

Our first guide is called "How To Record Your KaW/PC Screen"
    To do this you need to have some programs on your PC:
    - Camtasia Studio($299 for PC, $99 for Mac)
    -Fraps (Only available for PC $37/Free Trial)
    There are others like Action! ($29.95) but Fraps and Camtasia are the one you can start with, and if you not doing something BIG you'll be fine with both.

This three programs are the best ones for the things we want to do, if you don't want to pay you can try a free trial and try it.. if you like it you can buy it.
    Now lets start with Camtasia Studio.

[title2]Camtasia[/title2]
    Developed by Tech Smith, Camtasia will allow us to record our screen. I recommend this program for web games like KaW, FarmVille, etc but NOT for games installed in your PC (Minecraft, Battlefield 4, Halo, Slender Man)
    Camtasia Studio 7 will install in your computer:
    -Camtasia Theatre - Camtasia Player
    -Camtasia Studio -Camtasia MenuMaker
    -Camtasia Recorder

The one we'll use this time is called Camtasia Recorder.
    The process is very easy.

1.- Download the program here: http://download.techsmith.com/camtasiastudio/enu/camtasia.msi
    When you done, you can start the installation process
    2.- Just click Next, and when it asks you for the type of license choose the one you want, Free Trial, or if you bought the program then you can type your serial number there.
    3.- Finish the installation
    4.-Once you finished with the installation process is finished we need to search in our new programs "Camtasia Recorder"
    5.- Open it, and your screen will look like this:
    [​IMG]

Now you're ready to go, if you want you can add your voice turning the audio on, or add your face with the webcam option.
    In the other side of the meny you have two options: Full Screen and Custom
    -Full Screen will record all your screen.. :roll:
    -And if you wish to record only a small part of it for example, only your CC, you can adjust it using the option "Custom".
    To adjust size just move the white squares as you do it when you change a size of a picture when using Word/Pages.

[title2]Fraps[/title2]
    Developed by Beepa this program will allow us to record any game running in your pc, like Minecraft, or even your Skype calls/video chats but won't be able to record any web pages. This program is very easy to use and very easy to record with. Will cause some lag in your game if your pc is not good enough. We can find this program only in PC.
    1.-Download the free trial here:http://www.fraps.com/free/setup.exe. If you want the full program you can buy it.
    2.- Continue with the installation process
    3.- Finish Installation
    4.- Open Fraps and you'll see this menu:
    [​IMG]
    You can edit your "Video Record Hotkey" to Start/End recordings, the default microphone you want to use and also the folder where you will find the recordings.
    5.- To start recording do this:
    a) Run the game you want to record, I'll start Minecraft. Always keep Fraps open.
    b)Once you started to run your game you'll see yellow numbers in your screen, those numbers are the FPS, if they are at 60 they will fall 30-35 when you start recording. When you start recording your numbers will turn red.
    Not recording:
    [​IMG]
    Recording:
    [​IMG]

Now you are ready, you can record screen, show your videos to your friends, save good moments in cc or wars and upload yours wars or gameplays to YouTube or any other platform!
    Thanks for reading guys, hope this guide helped some, I'll post Guide 2 soon, also if you have any questions wall me and I'll answer as soon as I can.

2. Or... Just google a guide on YouTube!

Jk, nice thread

3. I've been using Fraps for the past 10 years or so. Great program. Especially needed if you want to capture FPS / mmorpg action. Also great 1 click screenshot.

+1

4. Dxtory master race

5. are you dumb? Posting mine craft pics? That's a ban.

Also, no one gives a ****, don't make a guide for something everyone knows.

What's next? Guide on how to breathe?

Ever heard the saying don't fix what's not broken?

Idiot

6. I didn't realize he was advertising minecraft. Posting those isn't a ban.

7. If you want to correct people read the rules yourself. Its not advertising minecraft

8. Before posting the guide I talked with support team and they approved it, I'm not advertising Minecraft... With those pics I'm showing the change in FPS when recording

9. I use my graphics card built in recorder.

NVidia Shadow Play

10. Telling ppl to download illegal software? Really? Lol

11. NVidia videos cards are great and some of the best cards in market, enjoy it!

12. Is shadowplay any good?

13. NVidia is a big company that sells low end to extremely high-end graphics cards it's what they do... So if they make something for graphics I doubt it's gonna b of bad Quality

14. Works great has tons of settings, my personal settings I use is to record my game play in 5 minute segments, then after closing game it goes to cache and I select which files to save while it trashes the rest.

15. Loved it!! Hahahaha

16. This is the dumbest **** i have ever seen. You suggest we pay $99-$299 FOR A ******* SCREEN RECORDING???

Apple Macbook comes with an application called "QuickTime Player"

Click it. Record your ******* screen

PC. tons of ******* FREE programs as good or better than those.

Wow. Just wow.

17. Lol no thanks not spending money for a recorder

18. Yes but sometimes there's recording issues with those free ones (720/1080p non support) mine just came with my graphics card and I don't lose frame rates

19. If you able to read you can see that I wrote you can get it for full and free with making a quick search in google and find the trial version.