umm. hey devs re:allies for new players

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by hatjrjoe, Dec 31, 2014.

1. this deserves its own response. that is such an incredibly shortsighted way to think. do you think it is the people that spend tons of money that keep this game alive? no. they keep the lights on (and the yacht builders busy); but the game itself would die without the large free to play player base. this game relies HEAVILY on a social dynamic to keep people interested. without a large community, the game would quickly get stale and die.

2. Of course it does. I'm not arguing that at all. But the reality is that without paying customers ther is no kaw.

A completely free to play app is unsustainable for its developers.

I don't understand the 'gap' issue that keeps coming up. Who cares if lb get bigger? They are untouchable as it is.

3. okay. i'll try to tie this all together for you.

the gap was only mentioned because so many people suggest adding new lands and buildings as a solution to the problem stated in the op; which is a result of the biggest spenders having trillions upon trillions in gold, without anything to spend it on besides allies.

my reference to the "gap" isn't about the ability to catch up with redstar. the VAST difference between what the top spenders can make and the average player can has led to real imbalances in the game. NOT imbalance between the accounts of people that pay and people that don't (although that imbalance does exist). we are talking about imbalances that effect the actual game. (the absence of allies for new players to achieve max plunder)

we are talking about making adjustments to the game to fix those imbalances created in a modern kaw. a kaw where it is possible to make a TRILLION gold in a single day. seriously. it is possible to make a TRILLION gold in a single day. with no more than $40 during certain events. when i started kaw, making 30bil in a day was a massive amount. that is some serious inflation. it is also a serious problem.

adding new lands and buildings has simply made "build complete" into YEARS of grinding for those that don't pay to play. (remember how you just agreed that those players add their own value to the game) the fact that we have reached this point so soon after the the last round of lands/upgrades shows that this is not a sustainable solution. you can't just keep moving the "finish line" over and over again. it is already at the point where new players feel discouraged by the massive amount of clicking needed to finish a build. so you would just be replacing one problem with another; if you are thinking in terms of new players.

there needs to be a new solution. we know the devs aren't going to end the "temporary" hte. we know they aren't going to stop the "plunder bonus" events.

so we discuss it here on the forums.

4. no opinions on that? :|

i may just make a new thread.

5. Why don't they just do some advertising and bring in more new players than they are now? And do something about the artwork on the App Store if they haven't already I haven't looked in a while lol. But there are drastically less new players than there was even a year ago.

6. They could always readjust the plunder scale so that there's a smaller top plunder for HFBC accts.

7. The guild hansel problem all over again: Remove the incentive for players to grow...

8. mass inflation isnt the problem, when there was no hte or hf you could volley allies under the 1b range too…… for the same profit

9. Heres a thought how about u devs create a load of allies that cant be vollied up and stay at a fair price for newbies to hire

10. Or mayb newbie grey also acts as an ally cover like the mith spell therefore they can build up a lil gold until the grey is removed??

11. that could work. thumbs up.