Skimming?

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Valkyrie-XV, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Unloading troops only with my build gives me a decent plunder.

2. Stealing, bro. Skim them steals.

3. I'd rather steal something that'd hit back than eb 

4. Enjoy that? 

6. Theres a formula someone posted to figure out what u make on assns. Yes u absolutly make more by skimming assn/sct/stls. The formula was on forums at one point

7. I would argue but from personal experience i have never seen a swift be wrong

8. Simple.. Attack builds skim attack troops and spies are irrelevant. Spy builds skim spies and attack is irrelevant.

So skimming spies with an attack build and skimming troops on a hansel is irrelevant. Hansel troops are meant to be pinned that's why they have such a small plunder range.

As far as hybrids go...

Does anyone still use them?

But seriously skimming those bars is proportionate to how spy buildings you have and how many attack buildings you have.

9. Larry being all smarticle and stuff. All the smarticle particles 

10. Hybrid here, still in use

11. I will now skim spies 

12. Op, I agree with you.

The end payout of an EB is dependent on the amount of damage dealt and damage is determined by the amount of attack/spy attack a player has. Since you have more attack/spy attack when your bars are at max, which they are when you skim, it is only logical that skimming adds to EB payout regardless of action.

13. Have to define irrelevant. Clearing spies on hte for me pulls in about 600mil extra. Not bad but not a lot. Those spies might be put to better use trying to get achievements that give a % boost.

As for EE war with hybrids, it's s bit of a hit/miss situation. If the enemy side has a big hansel that still has a bit of an attack build, a hybrid can get easy wins for big plunder. However hybrids are in trouble if the enemy is full of ps or ps1, cause you become their main target. You have to be zero gold and kill all your spy troops to be dtw, which is not easy to maintain. However if you made your hybrid correctly it should be easy to switch and from hybrid before the war. Still, hybrids days seem numbered unless war mechs change again.

14. Skimming troops as a hansel is irrelevant. Your end bonus payout will be 50% of your instant gain while attacking, so no gain from skimming there at all.

If you never skimmed your spies as a spy build, you're in for a nice surprise the next time you'll try...

15. u regen two hits each time u regen ao keep your troops on max

16. It was the introduction of the tier 6 buildings that killed the hybrid in my opinion. I was an attack heavy hybrid at one point with enough strength to attack pin attack builds and and asn p hansels. That's not what "the farmers build" was intended for. Obviously use your targets weakness against them(ie spy the attack builds, attack the hansels.) But now attack builds have such strong towers that the only way to cut through them is with a big ass hansel.

Raw hansel stats are so strong that it's hard to be denied.

Think about it hybrids can't really spy anyone anymore unless they have lots of bfa. Making the only good builds are a towered up attack build or straight traditional hansel.

A little bit of spies don't cut it anymore. You need lots of something. Either lots of towers or lots of raw spy attack... Or both

17. Double post by accident!

18. Attk build - Skim troops, don't bother with spies on HTE

Hansel - Dump troops, skim spies

Hybrid - Skim both

19. Skimming works - both bars.

That said, attack troops don't make a ton on first spy hits so they don't gain a lot by skimming spies.

20. I believe that you should war and not hit ebs 