Challenging Questions!!!!!

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by RastaMan911, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Hello Kawers .. There you go some difficult questions...!

Question 1

My sister is Muna
    Hir uncle is Ali
    His sister is Sara
    Her brother is Hassan
    His sister is my aunt
    What is my father name?

Question 2

I live in the water
    You can drive me
    I might make you sick
    Don't put a hole on me
    Tie me up when you're done
    Who am i ?

Question 3

Why, if two wrongs don't make a right, do two negatives make a positive in mathematics?

Enjoy your time answering 

2. Question One Answer : The Father Will Be Hassan

3. Q2: A Boat

4. 1. Hassan

2. A boat

3. In multiplication and division yes, in addition and subtraction, sometimes.

These were not challenging.

5. Muna
    Ali
    Sara
    Hassan
    Aunt
    Name
    IS IT MASHAN?

6. Whats mashan ?

7. You know, like mashan potatoes.

8. 1. Charles

2. The Invisible Boat-Mobile!

3. Sure. Why not?

9. Something which refers to China, Iran and South Korea

10. Questions answered on the 3rd post, shows how challenging these questions are.

11. 1. Hassan obviously :roll:

2. A boat :roll:

3. Depends on the equation.
    Multiplication: yes
    Addition: sometimes

12. The answer to the 3rd question is that you are comparing apples and oranges. In this case "wrong" and "negative." Wrong is a normative, or value, judgement about a particular behavior, idea, or outcome. Negative, in the mathematical sense, refers to an integer that is less than zero. Negatives are imaginary as you cannot, in reality, have less than nothing. In economics, a negative number represents a debit, or something owed.

13. How is a negative imaginary? In programming you could have a negative value, yet it is still a value that produces an outcome.

14. What about scales such as a thermometer?? It's -10°c here.... am I just imagining this? If negatives are imaginative should I ignore this and pretend it's 10°c??? Might go put my shorts on and pop outside in the snow......

15. He is right you know. You can not show me -2 apples.

16. By imaginary I do not mean "to be imagining" or "made up" I simply mean that negative numbers cannot be concretely represented by tangible things. I cannot be holding less than zero apples in my hand. If I have zero apples and owe you one, you might say I have -1 Apple's, but that is only a way of expressing a debt, I don't really have less than one Apple in my possession.

17. It is incorrect of him to say that negatives don't exist. Deceleration (proper term negative acceleration) is another negative that can be seen happening. Then as stated, negative temperatures. Negatives in programming. Etc.

18. You dont see a negative temperature. A temperature value may be given as negative but thats only due to the scale attributed to it.

19. incorrect. Two negatives can never add together to make a positive. Subtraction of two negatives could result in a positive number however depending upon whether or not the absolute value of the number being subracted is greater than the absolute value of the number it is being subtracted from.

20. You are misunderstanding. Representations of scale (deceleration, lowering temperature, weight gain or loss) are not what is being discussed. To say I lost 10 pounds is a true statement. But you cannot physically show me anything that is -10 pounds. You might find something that weighs zero pounds (in space easily since weight is a measurement of the effect of gravity on an object) but you cannot every show me something that weighs less than nothing.

The same holds for temperature. The zero on a scale is a reference point that usually refers to the changing point in the state of a given subject. We'd be most familiar with temp gauges that reference the freezing point of water. In the centigrade scale that is 0 degrees. In Fahrenheit that would be 32 degrees. That right there should tell you something about negative numbers on a thermometer.

So if the temp is -10 degrees what we are saying is that the temp is 10 degrees less than the freezing point of water. We are NOT saying that there is NO temperature at all. Temperature is really a measurement of the movement of atoms. When all atoms stop moving within a substance that is called "Absolute Zero" degrees. You cannot have less than that. There is no such thing as less than zero movement. You can't have negative movement. On a line negative movement is simply movement in the opposite direction of the reference point.

Now as to computing. Yes you can use negative numbers and get results. Negative numbers are clearly important to math, science, computer programming, economics, accounting, etc. etc. etc. But the fact still remains that all those negative numbers are representations of an abstract concept that YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO CONCRETELY REPRESENT IN THE REAL WORLD.

Look, I can write the word "Pegasus" but it doesn't mean one exists. Similarly I can write -100 but I will never be able to put negative 100 anything on the table for you to count.