Should Hit Restrictions be Tightened?

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by War-Kage, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Posted this on another thread (back at page 48 or something), but wanted to hear the opinions from the community - - -

Many of the complaints related to this event seem to center around the perception (accurate or not) that many of the participants are hitting builds much smaller than they are, making it impossible, as a practical matter, for the smaller build to return fire with any degree of effectiveness. Simply put, they feel bullied by the big kid on the playground.

Couple this with an observation that for every EE war currently in place, hit restrictions are turned off. That means that the only place hit restrictions come into play are in PvP actions.

That begs the question--should hit restrictions be tightened across the board (by way of random example pulled out of thin air -- say you can only hit builds within 20% of your size)? Then if you do take incoming, it will not be from some monster build you cannot hit, but you can also not prey on weaker builds. However, this would obviously have an effect on other aspects of PvP (OSW, Stripping, etc.). So what are your thoughts?

Cheers,

Kage

2. Munkeynutz, _-retribution-_, and Miss-Wonder-Woman all have 4x my stats and are still able to hit me. I think it would be great if they could but then again... It shows who is truly bad at pvp

3. There's a difference between being good or bad at pvp and having a monstrous build size, there's a point where no amount of mith or pots can help you out

4. Loosen them. Make the build droppers and such accountable for their actions as well as those that are grown past lowlands lol..

5. I guess this is a good idea. Support, but don't tighten them too much.

6. Hit restrictions do need adjustment yes. They are the same as they were since the very beginning of the game when people were no larger than 1m cs. Now we have people with 45m cs, which is riduclously large for someone hitting a 5-10m cs account.

It needs to be adjusted for fairness more than anything.

7. for these type of events, yeah.

for every day pvp, doesnt bother me.

9. Unfortunately correct. I've been hit by people over double my size. Clearly no amount of additional equip or pots or mith will allow me to make $. Obviously I can try and pin but I am trying to get shards not waste my troops.

10. Support

11. Hit restrictions do need to be tightened.
    I can get hit by like a 40mcs and just to have my hits bounce off.

If Im luck Ill get 1-2 hits success in.
    I was thinking of make a thread on this too so Support OP.

12. Hit restriction is fine, it's a war game. Hell, I been getting smacked by 40m cs kid and his buddies this whole event. It doesn't bother me.

13. Or keep the hit ratio, and if the other player is lets say 75% of your size, he barely drops gold/shards/whatever.

14. "Doesn't bother ME" Key words....

Although everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

16. yes, intended as such, only an opinion.

though outside of this event, most bigs dont have an incentive to hit my sized accounts. That is assuming the smaller player isnt actively causing the situation.

and during an osw you have a clan for support if needed.

but again, this isnt a fact. just my observed opinion from my experiences.

17. I've been hit by people over 30 mill cs bigger than me. There is a way to fix hit ratio but since the fix takes into account maximum sizes of builds it would be difficult to do.

18. This is a war game. Enemy kingdoms of old conquered their weaker neighbours, enhancing their strength with theirs.