Game Over

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by SirSteveO37, Oct 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bullcrap. If he was watching then why not post? That was the whole Damn purpose of having them around. Don't be brown modern offering cheap cop outs for the devs. They completely dropped the ball when it comes to what was promised to the community when that particular account was introduced. Don't make claims that you can't back up,particularly when their track record shows otherwise. And if they are watching and not communicating all that illustrates is arrogance and a not give a **** attitude on behalf of the devs.

2. Agree with YUP.
    It sounds as though the good game architects have checked out and the sustaining engineers are filling in when the cheesy promos.

Hopefully, kaw doesn't fall into the dark like FC.

Then again, they might be able to sell their IP and install base to an online dating site. Make the **** official. 

3. Well,in their interview they made it clear their original intention and interest laid in chat apps. I wouldn't be surprised at all if their shutting down of fc and gawalong with their obvious money grab the last year to maximize profits wasn't with the goal in mind to sell off their gaming side and focus elsewhere. That along with seeming oss of interest in expanding game features or communication raises some eyebrows. Hopefully if they sell it will be to someone that gives a crap.

4. I wish Kingdoms At War will keep going...
    Don't want it to die out.

5. KAW_comm doesn't post because he is gun shy.. Everything he says gets twisted up and if he gives a clue about something ATA is doing and ATA abandons the idea then he gets jumped on..

6. Do you really think that, DirtyLarry?

All the events and announcements thread that Kaw_com and the others are clear and easy for me to understand what's going to happen next.

Furthermore, I don't think the kaw comm is shy because the last thread of the Crux Crusades was posted recently a few days ago.

7. So basically kaw_com is useless and fails like I said. Those are ******** excuses for not following through with what the supposed plan for what that account was supposed to be. They don't communicate because one of two reasons. Something changed within ata two where development of kaw and the community is no longer a priority or the idea of kaw_com and their function was a sham tbegin with.

8. Devs did not go back on their word. Players just felt like he did.

I agree with Larry. One word and everything that goes wrong is the biggest deal ever.

9. My suggestion for op is that if it's so horrid, quit playing. And grow a pair....reset all your accounts.
    Then perhaps forums will go back to be constructive, not whining and complaining.

10. I have been playing this game for 4 years and I have to admit there has been a lot of broken promises, EB was the first, the game was a lot better when it was PW,much more active. The Devs did not like PW because they looked at it like lost profits, They can Control EB, look at Escape all controlled, same with item drop from eb, all controlled so it might be best if they sell or go under, maybe someone better will pick it up.

11. Hey everyone,

I wanted to pop in to assure you that you have nothing to worry about.

As we've mentioned before, the recent closure of FC and GaW was due to the current state of those games and the fact that they were unable to sustain a community required for the kind of online play they encouraged.

A Thinking Ape, Kingdoms at War, as well as all of our existing and upcoming games are moving full speed ahead and we have no plans of slowing down! In the coming months, through the new year, and into the foreseeable future we hope to continue to release content that our players find enjoyable.

12. Spoken like a true politician.. Positive generalities and vague visions of the future with no detail

13. ^

Also the player base that was there was fine

Just the Devs abandoned it ages before so no one new came

14. :lol:

This is a prime example of why KAW comm doesn't post on threads because he give him too much ****.

The color typer guy on the previous missed the point.. His battle tokens thread is their promo and only addresses their.. That is structured and the answers can't backfire

15. Uh thanks for that load of,Well,nothing. I'll take your appearance and 'assurance' that I basically nailed it with my comments. But thanks for letting us know there is a plan to do stuff at some point and not to worry as we keep giving you money to Uh do stuff.

16. Really? He doesn't post because he gets too much grief? That's about as stupid as when people say devs don't answer questions because they are busy working on the game.

17. DirtyLarry is Exactly on point here. Let me give you a real world example.
    Every war season, the rancor, medal, or point. Count has increased as the season draws on. This has hsooened exactly 100% of the time.

Now, in a thread where KaW community was answering player quearions, he was asked "will there be a medal increase as the season progresses" KaW community answered honestly by saying "AT THIS TIME we don't think so"

So, a few people read that phrase "at this time" and thought it was an iron clad promise that was written in blood and signed with a billion year contract. A 66 page nerd rate thread went oh regards this issue, and it happened because KaW community treated the playe base like adults and gave them a snap shot view into what ATA was thinking on that day. The result was a few trolls raised a huge crap storm. Had KaW community not treated the player base like adults, and instead just remained silent, then this whole issie wouldn't have existed.

At first, in meetings,no encrusted development to be engaged with the community on a heavy basis, but, when they tried that, they got burned,mand I feel like a dope for standing up for the community. I thought that forum could handle developer dialogue. I was wrong.

18. Damn, is this really the end of kaw

I suppose I will have to start spending my ££££ down the pub

Was nice newton

19. Damn, is this really the end of kaw

I suppose I will have to start spending my ££££ down the pub

Was nice meeting and warring peeps, so long
    Bye :(

20. Damn double post, have I already been done pub???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.