NotTom's Ally Buying Calculator (Updated)

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by NotTom, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Hello Forumers

There are many people out there in the world of kaw who are just breaking in to the ally market, but they do not know how to tell if an ally is overpriced, underpriced, a good buy, a bad buy, etc.
    I have made an excel spreadsheet that calculates whether or not to buy an ally; it takes into consideration whether the ally is attack or spy based, whether it is propack or not (currently +10% value) and activity (currently +/- 5% if active/inactive). At the moment the formulae I have used in the excel worksheet are locked and hidden and only the cells needed for calculating are editable.

Please tell me what you think, I'm open for suggestions.

Download link: link removed

*Note
    The ally list is currently blank. find your own cheap allies! ;)

2. Re: NotTom's Ally Buying Calculator

Meh.

3. Re: NotTom's Ally Buying Calculator

Good post this will help a lot of people 

4. Re: NotTom's Ally Buying Calculator

5. Re: NotTom's Ally Buying Calculator

Support bro 

6. Re: NotTom's Ally Buying Calculator

I found it's best just to invest in build then allies, unless you wanna stay small for some ludicrous reason.

With my stats you're better off building a titans and SOS which give a bigger a combined stats at only 27bil compared to me being 1 trill

Everyone is basically OP it's just how much your willing to spend on someone you like or known for sometime.

7. Re: NotTom's Ally Buying Calculator

I would say the difference between pro pack and not is much more than 10%. I have a non propack ally with stats to price ratio of nearly 40 that took ages to sell.

8. Re: NotTom's Ally Buying Calculator

Tom, nice one bro. However, I do the calcs in my head :)

9. Re: NotTom's Ally Buying Calculator

I don't use this formula when ally trading. There are more than just stats to consider. What clan they are in, how much they talk on wc, etc etc

10. Re: NotTom's Ally Buying Calculator

This tool is mainly intended for people who care about stats for price rather than activity. I could add a section for actions per day and add that in to the formula I guess. But, that's a lot more work and for it to be effective you'd have to keep checking up on that user's actions every 24 hrs etc.

I see your point though.

11. Re: NotTom's Ally Buying Calculator

Your guide is useful for beginners. I'm not saying I don't look at stats as well. Though if you really want to take your ally trading to new heights there are way more things to consider. All in all good guide though

12. Re: NotTom's Ally Buying Calculator

13. Re: NotTom's Ally Buying Calculator

Thanks :D If there's anything you think I could do to add more advanced functionality please say :)

14. Re: NotTom's Ally Buying Calculator

Nice spreadsheet tom! Can you just send me a good list of allies to buy?

15. Re: NotTom's Ally Buying Calculator

Thanks :lol: What makes you think I have a list of good allies? :shock: