Possible iOS8 Lag Fix

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Update.... After researching I have managed to devise a work around of sorts but it's dependent on you having a dual band router. I can play happily now.

2. After the update still lagging just as much. Getting annoying at this point.

3. Without getting too techie ... It appeared to me that the iPhone running/checking for a 2.4 ghz or 5.0ghz wifi connection lags badly as this is going on.

4. If you assign a different network key/SSID to both the 2.4 ghz and 5.0 ghz signals pumped out by your routers then it minimises the need to constantly check for the best signal. I did this last night and fingers crossed it hasn't lagged since.

5. Mine lag seems to be fixed with settings changes u recommended. Ty devs. iOS8.1 update made possibly a little difference too.

6. Since I installed iOS8.1 I've noticed lag of notifications during wars and freezing of Kaw during repeat actions when on wifi

7. I have allways had that on my samsungs.

8. Ok.....they released the update that's supposed to fix the wifi issue but it's still happening. What's the real issue? Everything else works great on my iPhone while on wifi except this game.

9. I have a dual band router and tried welsh's solution with no luck.

However, I tried an old single band router i had lying around and that seems to have solved the lag issue.

So my experience suggests it is indeed the dual band that was causing the issue.

10. Not working for me!!

11. Oracle will no longer load only glitches cannot purchase crystals or anything. Guess no Christmas for y'all this year.

12. So iPad it's fine, iPhone 5 on latest iOS it's fine. iPhone 5s on latest iOS it's laggy as balls (hairy ones too) and I'm starting to get annoyed

13. That is what I have been saying Hugster  -wifi 5S is struggling with no solution in sight, iPad no prob

14. The dudeness is right about every other app

15. Not working for me on my iPhone 5s. Wifi speed slower than 4g. Please fix as I can't war with poor wifi.

16. So for whatever reason, it seems like the lingering problems are mostly on 5s.

I've been able to get rid the f the lag on my 5s by moving from a new dual to an old single band router. Not ideal but its working.

I also want to mention these lag issues seem to be kaw specific. No other app I use is experiencing lag issues.

17. Hey buddy… same here only kaw on the 5s is slow and definitely points to a software issue.. Even after my temp fix it still is so slow.. I've resorted to using an Android Tablet to hit items and do actions. Praying KaW fix it soon.

18. I have a dual band router and the lag was extremely bad on 2.5 ghz band

I switched it to the 5 ghz band and it's amazing.

This shouldn't b an issue though - I'm concerned any other ppl who play this game.

19. Hello everyone I wanted to share my temporary solution for the massive action repeat lag with the game, it’s not the perfect one and it will not fix it for sure but it works fine with me so far.
    Plz note that I am using iPhone 5s with IOS 8.1

First: Modem (Router) wireless settings:

1-Wireless Radio Band: 2.4GHz Wireless.
    2-Network Mode: B/G/N-Mixed.
    3-Security Mode: WPA2 Personal (AES).
    4-Channel Bandwidth: Standard – 20 MHz Channel.
    Plz make sure you have a stable internet connection from your ISP.

Second: iPhone settings:

1-Reset Network Settings option under General > Reset in Settings, note that all your saved wireless passwords will be lost.
    2-Go to Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services -> System Services and disable Wi-Fi Networking
    Note: If you currently have Location Services disabled, you will need to enable it to disable Wi-Fi Networking.
    3-Disable your LTE (4G) when you are connected to wireless network.
    4-Go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh. Turn it off (this may give you more battery life ;) ).

Important: even with all these fixes the lag may not go it still remain after sometime so what I simply do if the lag come back again:

1-Turn off my phone for 1 min.
    2-Turn off wireless network and connect to LTE (4G) network for 1 min then switching back to wireless network.

One last thing, I am now sure this Wi-Fi problem with the 5s on IOS 8.1 is Apple problem not KaW’s cause you will notice some glitch, lag, slowness in some chat social apps like iMassage, Whatsapp, even Safari, and if you turn your device off then on back again all these problems will go temporary but after some time it will come back again. (Maybe KaW can do something ^_^)

20. Just fix kaw crashing 