Possible iOS8 Lag Fix

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Following new Kaw update I took the plunge and installed Kaw on my iPhone 6. Works fine. Thank you devs

2. Im on iOs 8.0.2 and iPhone 5s - tried the suggestion but still very slow on WiFi, only thing that works is using 4G...

3. I have the same problem with wifi. Often when I shutdown my iPhone completely and restart, I helps - for a while

4. Why has the other thread closed? This problem on my 5S is still not resolved. I even upgraded my wifi but still a problem. Ipad fine. Iphone on 4G fine.

5. Your new update fixed the SlowLAG. :)

6. Maybe they can't do much till the new IOS 8.1 come out, there is a wifi problem with KAW

7. Thank you for the thread, i did the IOS8 update and had serious problems. A clan member told me of this thread followed your instructions and hey presto no more problems again thanks it worked for me 

8. Oracle will not load

9. The suggestions did not work for me. On iPhone 5. I still get major lag on wifi. I have to turn it off to use kaw without lag

10. Monday October 20th is the release date for iOS 8.1 and I'm praying for good news. As it stands now playing on a 5s is impossible over wifi. I do agree with a previous post, if u switch off and on it does fix for a bit but soon enough it's unplayable again.

11. Wifi Kaw is playable again with ios8.1. Actually able to get a few items in hte now

12. That's great to hear. To everyone who has been experiencing Lag, please update to 8.1 and let us know if the issue is fixed. Thanks :)

13. Yeah - its worked with update. I had to change
    Back the settings from the KaW fix to get better service, but all seems good now

14. After 8.1 update everything seems a lot better but far from perfect. It still lags but not as much. The update has speeded up wifi everywhere else though so maybe the KaW code needs to be looked at too. On iOS 7.1.2 it was lightning fast. It's playable at least now and I'm sure whatever causes kaw to lag will be found and fixed once and for all.

15. Reporting after updating iPhone 5s to IOS 8.1 everything looks fine 

16. Im experiencing the same as Welsh-Joe. Wifi was faster pre iOS 8

17. The lag is still the same after the iOS 8.1 update. It's fixed for some but not others

18. It worked without lag for a bit after installing 8.1, but...

the lag came back, the very next day
    the lag came back, I thought he was a goner
    but the lag came back, he just wouldn't stay away

Seriously...if this doesn't get fixed I'm going to have to stop playing altogether.

19. My wife and I had upgraded to 8.1 when I did my comment on the previous page (and applied your workround ) , all to no avail. I really hope there is a solution soon.