Harrian's War Tracking Application Alpha Version 0.1.9

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Harrian, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Re: Harrian's War Tracking Application Alpha Version 0.1.7

From what i have gathered, this doesn't track 100 man roster wars. Is there any plans to work this into the program? Just wondering, Great work Harrian! :D

2. Re: Harrian's War Tracking Application Alpha Version 0.1.7

OMG!!! that is awesome..... huge pat on the back Harrian ... :D

3. Re: Harrian's War Tracking Application Alpha Version 0.1.7

Hey everyone! I'm just giving you a heads up that I am planning on making a web based version over this summer! This does not mean it will come right away! I will be working two jobs and taking classes online from my school! However I am excited to work on a web based version now that I have free time again! So it's not unreasonable to expect a release sometime in Early June!

Thank you all for your time and support,
    Harrian

P.S. I may have to put some kind of donation campaign up to get the initial server cost paid so the site can get off the ground. I don't want to use some crummy free service that will cause issues and I don't want to use a ton of ads just to pay for the initial cost! No one wants a bad user experience! But for right now I'm going to just mention it until I have a chance to ask for confirmation from A Thinking Ape that this is something they're comfortable with!

4. Re: Harrian's War Tracking Application Alpha Version 0.1.7

Harrian your back  Yay! I don't have much money as I'm also a college junkie but I might be able to put a few bucks aside  Also when you gonna start streaming EE again :p it passes time we'll during regen

5. Re: Harrian's War Tracking Application Alpha Version 0.1.7

Harrian streams EE???

6. Re: Harrian's War Tracking Application Alpha Version 0.1.7

Yes back in the day he streamed his EE wars on a system called "Twitch"

7. Re: Harrian's War Tracking Application Alpha Version 0.1.7

Ive heard of twitch. Thats sweet. I agree he should do that again.

8. Re: Harrian's War Tracking Application Alpha Version 0.1.7

This is really cool, any way of iOS support?

9. Re: Harrian's War Tracking Application Alpha Version 0.1.7

One option is to make a Google site. In terms of cost (free) to adds (none) they are pretty good.

10. Re: Harrian's War Tracking Application Alpha Version 0.1.7

Awesome dude I really'd appreciate it!

As for streaming wars on twitch, I did it for quiet some time and I enjoyed it greatly! However with that being said I felt that there wasn't many ways for me to make it more interesting and appealing to viewers. This was mostly due to the fact that I had to block everything out to prevent my stream from ruining the game experience for my fellow war members. I thought about using a more intense delay. But, It would have had to have been longer than the max KO timer for the war, so something between 10-13 minutes, but doing something like that would make it extremely hard for me to interact with the stream viewers! I'd like to try it again sometime over the summer if and when I come up with a way to interact with the viewers properly!

This web version will technically be usable by iOS but I do not recommend it. There are multiple problems with using it on the same device that you're participating in the war with. These problems are more so rooted in the concept of what you're actually trying to do than something I control. I'll explain this more in depth when the app is closer to being finished.

I'll check that out, I hadn't considered that option before!

11. Re: Harrian's War Tracking Application Alpha Version 0.1.7

I've been wanting to stream wars, however devs have never responded fast enough to go through with it. Iunno.

12. Re: Harrian's War Tracking Application Alpha Version 0.1.7

Hey everyone! Here's a sneak peak at the new interface!
    Link to full 1920 x 1080 image:http://i.imgur.com/ebUhTjs.png
    [​IMG]

13. Re: Harrian's War Tracking Application Alpha Version 0.1.7

Also, google provides a free server hosting trial. From a gaming community I'm involved with, google is ridiculously secure and has great and reliable service. I don't know how much it is after the trial, but that's what I've heard and experienced.

14. Re: Harrian's War Tracking Application Alpha Version 0.1.7

Hey everyone! Posting another update letting you all know that the web application is coming along nicely! There is just one snag that I've hit and I want to make you aware just incase it causes a delay. As most of you can guess I've written this web application in mostly JavaScript, CSS, and HTML, which are all fairly simple programming languages. However that being said there is a problem with the auto copy feature. For security reasons JavaScript has no way, on it's own, to place data directly into the clipboard the way the current program does. I have found some flash libraries which would allow me to add the copy buttons like the standalone currently has. Yet it needs to be noted that the autocopy functionality may not be feasible from a web browser. I have seen some promising results from some of the flash libraries and I hope I can bring this key feature to the web version! Bare in mind that if one of the flash libraries works out the way I would like it to then that means users will NOT be able to save a local copy of the webpage. The program would only work from the web site I provide. I know many, including myself, consider the auto copy to be the most important feature of the entire program!

I hope to update you all again soon,
    Harrian

15. Re: Harrian's War Tracking Application Alpha Version 0.1.7

Hey guys! I want to post a message to follow up on a few things I mentioned last night about the auto copy feature. I have done some more digging into web functionality working directly with the clipboard and I've found some more relevant information. Most importantly the flash libraries I had mentioned in the previous post will only allow me to add the copy buttons to the program but it would NOT allow me to add the auto copy feature. This is because of some security measures that Adobe has implemented to prevent clipboard poisoning. Clipboard poisoning is jargon for allowing remote users to gain unauthorized administrator access to your PC via infecting your clipboard with some malicious code.

However now it's time for some good news! In April the W3C added the clipboard API to the web standard and so farm browsers are taking a quick adaptation to it, but at the moment Google Chrome Versions 43 and up are the only browsers to fully support it. The W3C just published another update to the clipboard API two days ago here: https://w3c.github.io/clipboard-apis/. The bad news here is that, even though Chrome fully supports this, there is still a problem. Chrome prevents placing of data into the clipbord without a user initiated event. Meaning the user would still have to at least push CTRL+C on the webpage before the page could place the data in the clipboard, BUT if the user was willing to change a highly sensitive browser setting then the browser would allow the program to run the auto copy function.

I'd like to mention briefly what changing this setting in chrome would do. If a user were to allow their browser to have control of their clipboard without requiring any user initiated events then any webpage could do some extremely destructive damage to his/her computer. Another major pit fall of this is that any malicious website the user browsed to on accident would be able to execute arbitrary code on his/her pc. All without the user noticing. As you can guess this is some extremely dangerous stuff.

I found an interesting email that was circulated with a handful of browser developers on the subject which you can read HERE the email sender talks about web applications ask the user for permission before being able to take control of their clipboards.

16. Re: Harrian's War Tracking Application Alpha Version 0.1.7

I am really curious about the outcome and look forward to the new version. Thx for all the work you put in this! Keep it up Harrian

17. Re: Harrian's War Tracking Application Alpha Version 0.1.7

As impressed as I am with the program - I wish devs would just make all Ko random and rule out need for this or just make ca automatically post when people coming out.

The game is being killed by computer geeks, tracking programs, bots, ally lists from scripts, bots to alert strip in osw. Gone are days of tracking a player, finding allies, staying up to prevent strips or actually logging on to generate gold blah blah. If devs really wanted to protect the game they would change it to rule these activities out and it's a basic fix.

18. Re: Harrian's War Tracking Application Alpha Version 0.1.7

Death, while I agree with your statement, the tracking I feel is perfectly fine within the game.

I almost never track, but for the couple times that I have, the tracker app was a life saver. It doesn't track for you, it just helps.

I have tracker a classic war with paper and pencil before. That was fun, but the tracker app would have been nice.

19. Re: Harrian's War Tracking Application Alpha Version 0.1.7

It doesn't track for you why use it just write it on paper - auto copy paste etc make it almost automated it gives advantage to those waring on PC over device. It gives advantage human v program. Weather some components are manually entered the out puts aren't. If you were to argue this a bot manually entered would be the same. It is only used as it gives clear advantage over a human.

20. Re: Harrian's War Tracking Application Alpha Version 0.1.7

You do have to copy it yourself. You click a button.