Harrian's War Tracking Application Alpha Version 0.1.9

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Harrian, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Re: Harrian's War Tracking Application Alpha Version 0.1.7

This is why people don't war anymore.

2. Re: Harrian's War Tracking Application Alpha Version 0.1.7

Explain plz

3. Re: Harrian's War Tracking Application Alpha Version 0.1.7

Good work!

4. Re: Harrian's War Tracking Application Alpha Version 0.1.7

Hello everyone! I've got some news to share with you all!

The bad news first, I'm going to be spending another 6 months here in Korea. This is good news for me but bad news for you guys as a community.

Note that, this means that the web version of this program might not get finished at all. This is because I'm without my server equipment. Buying replacement equipment while in Korea is not economically feasible for me, and neither is renting server space online (which would cost ~$200 usd per month). This alone isn't enough of a reason to set the web version aside; however there are new features I want to bring to the table and re-implementing those features into the web version would eat a lot of my time in Korea.

The good news is I've obtained the source code for the original program so I can bring a few much needed updates to it. There are a handful of new features that I'd like to add.

New features will include:
    • Add the option to show time since KO in the "<1 minute" and "in window" respectively
    • Add the ability to change the up box to be a static order
      • There's a bit of an explanation for this one, I've noticed that players and war commanders are trying to get information from the tracker the seconds between actions can be extremely important. What this will do is make it so by just glancing through the up list you can see who's been added by scrolling left to right. This is because I feel it's easier for eyes to interpret information that's consistently in the same location.
        • Example:
          • UP:1,6,7,8,9 <1 Minute: 3)
        • Would turn into:
          • UP:1,3,6,7,8,9 <1 Minute:
        • Instead of:
          • UP:1,6,7,8,9,3 <1 Minute:
      • Note that, this mode will become the default display method for the "UPS" box but the original functionality will remain in the program. Users will need to manually change to the original option
    • The long awaited Health Crystal Buttons
      • I still believe that this doesn't need a button on it's own. However I feel it is vital that the war commander knows how many health crystals are still available to the enemy.
      • This feature is going to take a bit more research before I add it to the program. This is because, you cannot actually know for certain that a player has used an Crystal and the program needs to be able to account for mistaken entries.

I hope this gets a few people excited for what's coming :)

P.S. I'm working on an awesome project that provides analysis on war logs! Keep an eye out for a sneak peak at this in the next few weeks!

5. Re: Harrian's War Tracking Application Alpha Version 0.1.7

Simple crystal solution harrian, just have a variable for crystal count that a user can input, and have plus 1 or minus 1 buttons next to it.

Might want to set the text of their name to a color code system

A button toggles between 3 modes

Green = still have Crystal
    Yellow = suspected Crystal
    Red = for sure Crystal

All names default to green
    If Crystal button pressed when their ko timer is out of window (if adv) then set name to red or yellow if pressed in while in window
    If button pressed while target in window then set name yellow(random)
    If random
    If button pressed while target ko set name color red (classic), if out of ko set yellow

6. Re: Harrian's War Tracking Application Alpha Version 0.1.7

You could also do a global crystal count, if crystal button pressed and names set to red, subtract one from global counter. If pressed and name set yellow, add a slack variable and add one to it

For example

15 crystals to start with
    3 crystals popped and name changed red
    12 crystals
    1 popped and name changed yellow
    12 - 1
    The - 1 is only maybe though

7. Re: Harrian's War Tracking Application Alpha Version 0.1.7

Still use HTLFreak...

8. Re: Harrian's War Tracking Application Alpha Version 0.1.7

The problem with crystals is not that i cannot come up with an implementation. (In fact there is already a crystal feature in 0.1.7 but it's hidden in the end user version).

What the program does is I've created a custom class, named player, with a boolean variable named "crystal" initialized to 0 and when the button is pressed it's flipped to 1 and their timer is reset. The problem is if the button is clicked accidentally or when the user didn't actually use a crystal. I can flip the attribute back to 0 but I've lost that player's old timer.

The issue that I'm looking into is why they're actually relevant for tracker to know. In all my time tracking wars I've found that crystal activations change nothing in how I go about relaying information. Almost always you just mark them as up and then when they get knocked out again you just mark them as down. It really doesn't affect the trackers job at all.

P.S. Also as part of industry best practices, global variables are almost always a bad idea.

9. Re: Harrian's War Tracking Application Alpha Version 0.1.7

I was just saying, if you're using them between methods or something

10. Re: Harrian's War Tracking Application Alpha Version 0.1.7

Good News everyone version 0.1.8 is here!

I want it to be clear that I am focusing mostly on development of the standard mode. As such, CR mode is getting less love because I feel a tracker should always have the user names loaded. In the next version I'm going to be dropping support for CR only mode.

On to the documentation!
    • First and foremost the program has been restructured to place CR 1-15 in one column.
      • Note when competing in a war with less than 15 members the program will resize it's self appropriately. (Only when using a username file)
      • It's apparent to me that if wars are always 15 or less, as they are now, then there's no need for the program to take up so much white space. You can still load wars of up to 25 members.
    • I've restructured the "UP" box to be always listed in CR order.
      • The reason for this is that when a user checks the tracker information it's faster for their eyes to check the same location every time. Previously, the a war member would have to glaze over the entire list to find out if a specific person was up. This also enables users to extrapolate information from the UPs box faster.
      • Note: this option can be changed to either of the older options.
    • Enemies' KO timers will now follow their CR when they're in the window. Enemies timers will also follow their CR when they're in the up next category and less than one minute from being place into the window.
      • Since random wars are the main focus of LL wars I've added this to the program. This will allow the tracker to relay the KO timers of individuals in the window without them needing to look at the tracker, thanks to the auto copy feature.
      • During random wars, members of your clan should check enemies who's timer is near any :00 mark, while they're in the window.
        • This feature is heavily dependent on the tracker being smart with the offsets he/she uses.
        • This will separate the great trackers from the rest.
      • This feature is enabled by turning on "Hide Names" in normal mode. This feature is enabled by default in CR only mode.
    • I've made a number of code cleanup and resource management changes in this version. You should see a major difference in performance.
    • The layout is now more symmetrical.
    • The default war size is now 15 instead of 25.

As always bugs are unexpected but can happen, please report them to me!

Finally the download link, https://goo.gl/0iqTPr

The best,
    Harrian

11. Hey guys! I'm back with some major changes!

My code for this program has gone through a complete rewrite. I completely scrapped the old code and kept the user interface. The reason for this is I still was not getting the object oriented feel that this program should have. I had been stealing object oriented ideas and molding my code around the idea but in this version everything is object oriented. Over all this means nothing to you guys, however if I decide to make the code open source at some point then it will be a lot more understandable to everyone! :) To give you an idea of what this did for the program, I will say it allowed me to shave off over 300 lines of code.

• Dropped support for CR only mode, users now must supply a username file
    • Reduced player cap from 25 to 15
    • Ripped out legacy functionality.
    • Removed Hide Names and integrated the functionality into the program directly.
    • Added Regen Timers
      • These function the same way as KO timers, use the offset to adjust and hit the RGN button.
      • Note: Regens automatically refresh, there is no need to remark them after each regen time passes. Other than to adjust the timer.
      • Regens are available in the auto copy section also!
      • ProTip: To disable a persons regen timer enter a number equal to or greater than 301
    • Added health crystal activation
      • Click the X button to active a players health crystal, this will clear their KO timer and their Regen timer. Also it will move them to the X USED category.
      • Currently this cannot be undone, please use caution when marking health crystal usage.

Download Link: https://goo.gl/LRPuJL

As always, feel free to submit anonymous feedback here. I look to this for ideas more often than it may seem!

Thank you for your time,
    Harrian

12. Some of you people really take a serious approach to this game. I hope you do the same in REAL LIFE

13. Program is great except the issue that if I add custom clan ranks the window/ups etc will still have all the old ranks in