True, that the use of spies lower my final payout?

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by TheSorrow101, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Re: True, that the use of spies lower my final payout

Not sure how spies can actually lower final payout, but I know for sure that spies on heavy attack builds pay very  and aren't with using on HTE

2. I've been a hansel build and this build, I earned more gold at the end payout when I was a hansel

3. Using spies increases eb payout and lowers total payout for builds such as yours, yes.

4. It does lower. I have done the test. 6 X stay full pots I make 6b more if I only att. With ass and att the att builds losses gold. Also the clans losses around 20b

5. Can show ss on pal if u disagree

6. Assassinates on EBs are same as Steals after bonus is taken into account. If there's a scout phase, it's the same too.

Bottom line-skim with spies just like you do with troops to increase your overall payout

7. I dont know about less but it is true at least for me that spies are next to worthless on an eb

8. Do an eb with only spies. You get money.

9. Best if you destroy your spy building and build troops building. Skim hit EB 4 times and regen

10. So no ones really answered this question and unless your a dev and know the code you can't answer it without doing a little experimentation and then a little guess work to reflect on the results.
    It is true that an attack build with very little spies ( less than half the strength of its soldiers) in many cases receives less end bonus plunder if it uses them and more if it doesn't.
    But not all cases.
    So after some observations, This explains things in my mind in a way that defines when it's helpful to use spies and when it isn't.

End bonus plunder is based on # of hits and the average amount of damage done per hit.

10 hits at 10 points of damage = 100 points of Plunder
    20hits at 5 points of damage =100points of Plunder
    So what I'm getting at in simple terms is this. If your spy damage decreases your average amount of damage by 50% or more your losing out.
    Since there is more than one way to boost the strength of your spies. I would suggest that not all attack builds will work this way ( though highly likely). Example. If some how an attack build was able to attain ally's with only spy stats. And ultimately it's bfa gave its spy's the same amount of damage or greater than it's soldiers. There would b no drop in average amount of damage done.
    Anyway, these conclusions have helped me hope they help you as well.

11. Do you have ss?

12. It's funny how many ******* idiots are on this thread. Val stated it perfectly as did Jac sortve.
    How would using spies lower your pay? More actions = Less gold is noobs mindset I guess. The only reason for this misconception was the fang hunt, where if you used spies, it lowered the amount of fangs you got per eb.

13. Of ******* course it's been ******* tested. EBS HAVE BEEN HERE FOR WHAT? 2-3 YEARS?

14. I get less end payout if I use spies, its easily seen in hte

15. Tiits or gtfo hog. Doesn't directly affect it

16. I believe the reason why attack builds make more off of HTE by not using spies, is simply because the HTE will last longer. So say you have 1 SoS, the rest attack buildings/variation of towers. You will make a good chance of change by attacking. Let's say 150m first hit (of course this decreases as your troops lower - same goes with the reward plunder you will get from assassinations). Now this is a reasonably sized build, he hits for say 250 damage per attack, 130 damage per assassination. The reason why not using assassinations may increase is plunder is that his assassinations are just killing the eb quicker, resulting in less attacks that he can use. Yes, his assassinations will get him reward gold, but the gold/damage will be next to nothing compared to his attacks.

Overall, if you want more gold per eb, definitely refrain from assassinations as an attack build. But, if your goal is more gold earned per hour, you will likely see that using your spies is better for this.

Hope all of that made sense.

17. Shadow that's what Val said lol

18. Oh, didn't really read all the posts in the thread. Woops.

19. If youre a attack build, do not assass the eb, your plunder will be lowered...that is all :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: