The Actual Guide to SKOing.

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by RenamedPhoenix, Jul 3, 2014.

1. So I saw RedHotVixen_Machine's post on "How to SKO". I was disappointed.
    For one, it doesn't even tell you "How" to SKO. It just tells you what SKOing is. That, in a way, is useful when talking to new warrers who don't know the terminology.

Now to actually tell you what SKO's can do for you, and how best to do it.
    Yes, if you've warred more than five times, you probably know what it is, but I can't let AT be filled with useless information that has nothing else to go with it.

Setting the Stage

•One hour war.
    •Classic KO (meaning there's no variation in KO up times.
    •One Xtal.
    •The war is 40 minutes in, at which point you see massive increases in plunder looted when you get a KO.

Ok. You're a player. 40 minutes in.
    Let's say you get KO'd. The enemy gains 60million gold and loots a total of 20million gold from your team's plunder score. That isn't good. And when people start to get larger amounts of plunder, the amount of gold gained can go up to 300million in one KO.

Now let's say you SKO'd. What would the message be in your CC? (Hey… that rhymes!) You ally, ____, has SKO'd, losing 10million of your plunder score.

These numbers are accurate. Maybe not at the forty minute mark; but the change in plunder lost is incredibly smaller.

•Another point: When they KO'd you they got 60mil PLUS 20mil.
    When you SKO, they don't loot the ten mil, and have it added to their overall score; but instead the gold just disappears.

Now How Should You SKO?

Most clans usually have the tactic to attack with troops first. Then assassinate. Using troops first allows you to gain a large amount of plunder for your team at the start.
    So when you're low on soldiers, you'll usually only have spies left.

•The best way to SKO: Fail steals.
    How do you fail steals? Steal someone without attacking with pots. Whether you successfully steal someone or not, you always lose the most spies with steals. You lose even more spies if you fail that steal. How do you fail? Steal without pots. It's simple.
    Now if you still have/had troops left, I don't recommend that you purposefully fail attacks, because then you're just losing troops. With attacks, generally stick to attacking with full pots so you don't lose out on plunder.

So for me, I lose 30k spies per fail steal. So when I'm being attacked by 7 people (yes, this has happened many times), I get rid of my troops as soon as possible (usually one to two attacks when you have so many on you). Then, I watch my spy count slowly tick down. This is the hardest part. If you fail a steal at the wrong moment, you'll still have a few thousand spies, and the next person to spy you will KO you.
    Remember, you have the advantage on them. They can only take away around 15k of your spies, while you can take away 30k.
    I usually just count to five. The longer you wait the more of a chance you'll get lucky when you fail that steal, and SKO. If you wait too long, though, they'll have cleared you out and you'll get the damned message of "No more units". So basically, count a certain amount of seconds, then fail that steal. If you still have spies left, immediately attack again. Whether you fail or succeed a steal doesn't matter anymore. Just clear your troops out.

(The worst is when you regen just as you clear yourself out, and the lag shows that you have 0 troops, but then you get KO'd...)
    Either way, I hate being with warriors that have no idea how to SKO. It's really no that hard. We have 5 bil lead, but lose it in two minutes when my team just DOESN'T SKO.

Don't be that guy, guys. Be the guy that actually SKO's, guys, guys.

TL;DR I was annoyed that RedHotVixen_Machine didn't provide any info in his post that has "How to" on it's title, so I made a little guide on SKOing.
    Best way to SKO: Steal without pots so you lose a large amount of spies and can SKO easily.

Troll if you want, but then realize you're just being a mainstream asshole. Or is it being a douche? Hmmm. I'm confused.

God... I really hate it when people who you would expect to have posts of quality just act like a noob. Or a troll. But if so, refer to the paragraph above, and the ToU, which states that you are not allowed to flame or troll. *Cough Mod Vixen Cough*

2. Your ally ____, has knocked themselves out losing 10,857,819 in their plunder

Would be the correct message

3. (─■°o°)─■ TL:DR

4. Every wc tells you not to steal though 

5. (─■°o°)─■ stealing is amazeballs

6. Thank you rikki. :)

ToxicZone... **** them, right?

And either way, as you know, they're talking about wasting your spies on succeeding steals. Not when you have to SKO.

And the TL;DR person... I added a TL;DR section just for you.

7. (─■°o°)─■ Just for me???

8. Rice cake. First and last warning. Do not spam this thread with your noobish posts. Thank you.

9. And yes, just for you. Now stop.

10. Skoking kills

See what I did there?
    With like smoking but sko instead of smo?

11. I've never really understood why we can't sko in steels though :/ it gets plunder unlike scouts  and also decreases their spies at the same time.

12. Because assassinations are a lot more useful as they destroy the enemy's troops, and therefore decrease their potential plunder to earn.

13. While stealing just gives you a little plunder at the cost of a major losses of your spies.

14. Has anyone listed the percentages yet??? Because they are (if not already listed here or RedHot's thread):

3% of plunder looted (removed) for a SKO
    10% of plunder looted (removed) for a KO

15. Thank you Bizarro. I've been looking for the exact percentages for a while.

16. But that still doesn't show the plunder gained by them (usually the larger number) which increases as the war goes on, whether the target has more plunder than he did earlier or not.

17. All the wc I had always said, on,y scout! I wad like, wth. The only wc I had say to assassinate if you can is in Iwars. Apparently that's the only was you can find a good wc 

18. Not bad altho you can also catch sko by using a server loophole... My connection has a 3 second biased divide with server time, needs to be fixed i guess but meanwhile its easy for sko and farming ppl

19. You must have been in some seriously bad Merc clans. Though sometimes they might have a wacky battle plan that involves scouting.
    As a general rule, if your team can Attack first, then assassinate, and SKO perfectly, you can pretty much say you have the war in a bag.
    But there a EE many variables that can make you lose. And no clans always have perfect SKO's.