Skimming Spies against an EB *UPDATED*

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Jezza_of_Oz, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Sooooo, as everyone knows when you skim your attk troops against an EB, you make more gold then if you unload. This is easy to see, as you unload your troops, your troop plunder decreases, skim from max troops, and you earn more plunder.

But what about spies? Well if it's a steal bar, then obviously you would make more by skimming, steal plunder drops even more sharply then attk plunder. But what if it's an assass bar?

I have always assumed that the reward at the end of the EB was based on either the amount of damage you have done to the EB, or the number of actions, or a combination of both. Therefore skimming spies on an assass bar shouldn't give any benefit over unloading spies...

When you assass you do more or less the same damage on the last hit as you do the first.

When you assass, you get 36 actions per full unload of spies, when you skim assass, you get 36 actions per 1hr

So, if the damage done from 1 full bar of assass is the same as 1 hr of skimming, and the number of actions from 1 full bar is the same as 1 hr of skimming then surely the end bonus would be the same?

But............. over the last few months I have seen more and more people mentioning that you get more gold from skimming spies then you do from unloading. Are all these people wrong? Are they confusing troop plunder with assass rewards? Why are so many of them so sure that skimming spies makes more gold?

Today I decided to test it for myself. I did 2 hauntings back to back. In each haunting I only did one action. A single Assass. The first haunting I did my 1 assass from very low spies (1 regen above empty) The second Haunting I did my 1 assass from full spies.

The difference was astounding to me (although it would seem not that astounding to many of you)

Low Spies
    [​IMG]

High Spies
    [​IMG]

So this thread is for all of you who like me didn't realise that there was more to this EB plunder reward then meets the eye.

Congrats to all of those who are reading this thinking "no **** Sherlock, I knew that ages ago." Aren't you Mr Clever Clogs.

And a big thank you to the guys and gals at Osiris for running some fast hauntings so that I didn't have to sit around too long with full troops / spies waiting for the EB to finish.

***UPDATE***

On page 1 of this thread Val said.
    Val is quite well known to many forumers as being an expert in all thing hansel, but I felt the need to test this for myself just in case.

I used my large hansel alt who has 3.5m spy attk to do 1 single assass against a Haunt from full spies.

Where my attk build with 500k spy attk made 3m, my hansel made 30m.

[​IMG]

So yes it would seem that once again Val is exactly correct. Assass works EXACTLY like steals work. Except you get the plunder AFTER the EB is completed as oppose to directly. Furthermore like steals, builds with large spy attk stats make significantly more gold per assass then builds with smaller spy attk stats.

2. Re: Skimming Spies against an EB

3. Re: Skimming Spies against an EB

Cool...never was sure if I should skim assassinate.

4. Re: Skimming Spies against an EB

Thanks for the comparison, i skim on haunts myself but i never truly knew how different the outcomes were when it comes to unloading or skiming.

5. Re: Skimming Spies against an EB

ty 

6. Re: Skimming Spies against an EB

That's crazythe morale of the story is to not hit as soon as you regen like I do.

7. Re: Skimming Spies against an EB

Note to self " skim spy's aswell. " thanks!

8. Re: Skimming Spies against an EB

Skimming spies pays tons more.

I get 34m reward top bar, 13m bottom bar. I tested it. And I've skimmed spies for Over a year lmao. That's how GH make 3b plus an hour

9. Re: Skimming Spies against an EB

Assass works EXACTLY like steals work. Except you get the plunder AFTER the EB is completed as oppose to directly

10. Re: Skimming Spies against an EB

It's because your spies have more strength, so it contributes to your hitting bonus, like your troop strength. You can see when you look on your profile

11. Re: Skimming Spies against an EB

I listen to Val, when he said skimming ass' made you a lot more plunder. Besides, he's got like 20 hansels, I think I'll listen to him.

12. Re: Skimming Spies against an EB

Now imagine having 5m spyatt stats instead of being a hitter with 500k spyatt, Jezza ;)

If I skim with my hansel (lc, but not bc) on an eb, I can't get the same total plunder with this hlbc hitter, even dropping an xtal or two. Frustrating...

A fun question: does skimming the troops make any sense on a hansel? I'd say no, but maybe someone tested the endbonus...

13. Re: Skimming Spies against an EB

Yeh, that's basicly the conclusion I was coming to.

Just a year too late........... :lol:

14. Re: Skimming Spies against an EB

Val has a GH army.

15. Re: Skimming Spies against an EB

I skim assassinate and make way more money than just full unloading. I thinknits because when your spies drop below 50% they lose plunder like crazy, and you also regen faster.

16. Re: Skimming Spies against an EB

think it's*

17. Re: Skimming Spies against an EB

Wasn't this common knowledge ?:)

18. Re: Skimming Spies against an EB

Moral of the story, KaW addicts gets the gold.

19. Re: Skimming Spies against an EB

@ argoli. It may have been common knowledge for some but there may have been many people who were in the dark.

Sup jezza 

20. Re: Skimming Spies against an EB

Good to know