One Stop Shop - Opener Build

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Corinthian, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Build Name: One Shop Stop

Used: First day to three days of KaW existence. For new players.

Purpose: 

To earn land and gold without reliance on volleys, referrals or open farms.
    (Up to 9th Land)

To learn the game and strategy without dedicating to any build order unknowingly or misguidedly.

Build Order: On building the troop building build a workshop during the tutorial. Complete tutorial as normal.

Do quest 'Excavate' until 'mastered'. You will receive some gold and if this is your first time mastering the quest you will receive a crystal. 

Do quest 'The Hunt for Treasure' until mastered. Any spare troops burn into this quest for now.

NOTE: Do not worry about quest difficulty for these 2 quests. This first run is entirely just for mastery and initial gold.

Go to battle list from HOME on iPod and Battle tab from PC. 

Select a target with a 'Good Reward' under their name. Hit Spy, then Steal when the Spy Menu appears. Do this to 0 spies. Do not worry about spy defense at this stage as all players at 'good' are nearly all 150/150 spy strength. 

Sell your guild level one.

While waiting read HELP section from the HOME page. 

Regenerate troops to 400 or higher.

Buy land as you afford it. You should be able to buy the 4th and 5th land at this time.

Open battle list and search for a 400 attack 200 defense player. This is done by hitting view profile off of the battle list. 

Upon discovery, attack until 350 troops approximately.

Repeatedly hit that player until warned or retaliated every regeneration. If this happens stay silent and move to another 400/200 player. 

Note:This bracket is filled with other new players and inactive accounts. This is the only area where you can openly attack players. All other actives will upgrade and move on so counter-aggression is to a minimum.

If you need to leave for real life quest The Hunt for Treasure until 250 troops. Then quest Excavate the remaining troops.

In-between regenerations open forums
    from HOME and:
    Open strategies section and read the Beginner FAQ and other various guides.

The feedback section and the FAQ inside there as well as to answer any questions you may have.

The referral codes section if no one invited you to Kingdoms at War(KaW). This is the only place you are allowed to post your referral code in-game. Certain players offer to guide or 'volley' players who place theirs in.

Alliances Section if you are interested in joining a clan. Be advised until the end of the guide you will likely not meet requirements for most clans.

News for KaW announcements. 

And the Rules section before posting anything or saying anything (yes, besides whatever got you to this thread) 

Keep buying land as soon as it becomes available. Do this up to the 8th land if you have not been bought significantly or the 9th land if you have received a volley. 

After this save up 150,000 gold or 175,000 if you have 9 lands and put down whatever build order you have chosen. 

Simple build ideas:
    If you choose to go spies upgrade the workshop to level three and keep going down the line mastering quests. Upgrade guilds to level two and steal away. Check the espionage guide in strategies section for details on spy use. Get 9th land before upgrading anything past workshop level two.

If going for troops put up troop buildings of your choice and work on quest mastery. Level up the tier one building you chose to level two and start buying allies afterward. After the 3rd million in allies go to battle list and start looking for players with less defense on profile than your attack. Your attack is shown on profile as Your Bonus to Allies. Keep investing in allies until the amount received from allies ceases to increase on the same target and then upgrade to level three and repeat with continual upgrades and remaxing of ally plunder.

If going for a mixed build use a mix of the above tactics to best suit your goal.

Be advised with the upcoming change to mixed and defensive troop buildings a mixed building would be more appropriate. If you selected something other than a workshop and can't break the player's defenses then quest the second quest for the duration or build a second troop building on the 3rd land.

Note: This build is great for those players that start of misguidedly or foolishly go a build they regret and ask to reset later. If you are in an urgent hurry to LC or get in that clan and it can't wait a day or two this isn't right for you. Beggars can also ignore this guide as this is how to succeed without begging. Learn, and then make an educated decision on the rest of your kaw-reer with this build while having fun only availible at the lower levels.

2. First ^^ /support

3. Good guide cor , Cor teaching the noobs to farm 

Support

Let the fire burn 

4. Just a question. Do you guys want me to put in key links for each forums section and post build-order to guides and important threads etc?

5. How do you type so fast?!

6. If you check, this thread and first three posts are from approximately 12 hours ago.

As far as typing in general I use the iPhone keyboard. Works well enough for me.

7. Hmm cor im going 20 summoning circles can u post a link to advantages of that with 4lv4 guilds

8. Sounds like a good plan to me. There are only two things that I didn't see addressed here.

One is that when questing, it's best to not let your troops get very far down; keeping them above half is very helpful. Regen'ing to full and then only questing 3 times, then regen'ing and questing 3, repeating, will yield much greater successes.

And second, I find that at these earliest stages of the game, money can be quickly attacked or stolen away by other players, which slows growth. While I am a strong advocate of the use of def pots, at these lowest levels it doesn't pay off. Def pots are crucial moreso once you've got forges up (er, I mean, any of the various T2 options ) and are in the land 15 range, give or take. But in these earliest stages of the game, I find it beneficial to bank in atk pots. Yes you lose 25% when you unbank them, but it's better than losing 100% to some other guy who has atk power that outweighs your def. So I'd suggest a regimen of banking in atk pots, saving up until having pots valued high enough that they cash out for whatever amount is needed for next upgrade. If you have enough cash on hand for the upgrade then obviously don't bank, just go for it. And if you're just a little bit short of the next upgrade, don't bank and just roll the dice and hope you don't get hit. But if that next upgrade will take a while to get, bank in atk pots so you are sure to be in control of your money, not leaving it out for the wolves.

That's all I would add. 

Great guide for those who want to learn the game and apply strategy rather than rely on begging. I especially like that it gets people into hiring allies from very early on. I usually advocate sticking with quests and building forges until about land 10 to 13, somewhere in there. But this approach, while different, is no less valid.

Thumbs up!!

9. I was using the top to zero troops questing on that first run as a simple task and something that will buy initial time to learn the basic mechanics of the game. I didn't have too much expiriance of losing massive gold funds from this level of growth so potions are a possibility but not neccessary.

Your links will be posted in a sec mr.L4Circles. Dinner is keeping me away.

Wolves are always scary but questing into potions and a new target after first defensive potions usually sends them on. So does them upgrading extremely early.

10. Here is the links/advice:
    New Summoning Circle Stats
    general spy guide
    Current plunder guides are out of date en masse. To get as far as you have, just max plunder. All you need to know here.
    My defender thread had no guesses so I'll post here. Defenders in combat are the inverse fighters. On war start, have near but not quite max troops. Let their first wave burn on your defenses even to a pin. With the defensive bonus from buildings, potions, allies, even a tower if you have one, you will deny enemy plunder with strong wins and drain more troops than you lost. Once the first wave is done with attacks identify your primary attacker and retaliate with potions and ally strength to the player near too weak. Burn your last troops, crystal up, and hang around the 75% amount as you are a revenge attacker. Hold down key players after they are pinned and force the enemy to waste troops on your defenses as you plunder their weaker opponents. A benefit of this build is that if stripped you are still secure and a deterrent to hits with the high-base defense. The major hole is spies as when potion drained assassinations galore will negate much of your arsenal of defenders/raiders. With your 4 level 4 guilds use your dark assassins to assist in strips, scout, and potion drain the enemy for your dedicated assassin members. 

With the 105% plunder compared to subs I'd advise putting a single tower up over a circle as additional plunder covers the gap and secures gold even if being pinned and denies enemy plunder during that first wave. Do not forget towers are receiving a boost as well. See the early link. Circles have always been the true war build in my opinion as pre-T3s forges would carry 3-4 towers to cover the gap and lose plunder to deny the enemy any plunder at all. The summoning circle/war cathedrals with latest changes going through secure the fortress and even compensate for adding a tower on. Outside of war this build is the revenge farmers best build. 19 DT 1T 4G.
    Attacking from 'too weak' with this build is NOT advised as being under the pin-dar kills your defensive bonus and lesser attack power to the other two buildings relies heavily on ally bonus and additional plunder to maintain those allies.

Did this help?

11. I support! This should put an end to hire me spam!... Probably won't tho 

12. Might help to simplify the title to make it ridiculously clear to noobs what this thread offers. I realize it states it, but maybe make it more brutally obvious.

Aka, bump!

13. With T1s staying the same post building changes, workshop remains the best choice to start with for this build.

14. Update: if you keep the guild and workshop for a while and hit 0/0/0/0 players you find by search different ally ranges and viewing profile until you find a name easy to type can EASILY earn you the Conquerer V and Steal/Scout/Assassinate V achievements..

When stat bonuses/item rewards come out getting those extremely early will be a big help.

15. This build still works in this day and age. However, I am working on another opener build guide based off early ally trading. Do you guys want me to put the build here or in another new thread?

16. I feel left out.. And to make this on topic um

corithian I think your thread is very usefull and next time I reset I will use it thankyou and I love you

17. Wow. All mods on one thread. bump

18. Great guide. But at the beginning I thought u were talking about something else...giving me an idea. If there was a...temporary build, that expired in like 3 days but slowly generated u gold, that'd be perfect for begginners. They start out building one and let's say you get 1 mil every day. Not worth it to me but to beginners...