Red War Paladin Equipment Purchase/Enchantment Guide

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by *OoS-Imitation-Cheese (01), Jan 7, 2013.

1. Since so many people found my other thread so useful, I figured I'd leave you all with another present before I go on hiatus again.

Introduction

So you have some Mithril laying around that you just earned from whooping another clan's ass, but you're not sure which piece of equipment to buy or enchant. This thread will help you choose which equipment to enchant if your main focus is getting the most stats for your Mithril.

This doesn't take into account the stat type or enchantment failure probability - this is just simple, quick way to see which equipment and/or enchantment will give you the most bang for your buck.

How This Works

First, take a look at this image below:

[​IMG]

This is my calculation for the Gauntlets of Retribution.

Note: All stat values shown are in millions

Looking at the first row, you will see the change you will get when enchanting from level zero to level one. All I did was add up the combined stats for the item and placed it in the “Old Stats” column. In the case of the first row, the unenchanted item stats are placed in the “Old Stats” column. The “New Stats” are what the stats will be with the next enchantment level, in this case, level one.

Then I subtracted the “Old Stats” from the “New Stats” to get the “Stat Change.”

After that, I added the Mithril required to reach this enchantment level and divided the stat change by this number to get the “Stat Boost Per Mithril.”

Finally, I added all the stat boosts and divided it by the total Mithril spent to come up with the “Average Stat Boost Per Mithril.”

Conclusion

I did the above procedure for all currently available Red War Paladin equipment. Once I did, I ranked them in order of “Average Stat Boost Per Mithril” to come up with the order of most bang for your buck when deciding where to spend your precious Mithril.

Since you can actually purchase this equipment, I also looked at how the purchase cost affected the value of each piece of equipment. I did this by taking the total stats at level 10 and dividing it by the total Mithril cost to reach that level, plus the purchase cost. To my surprise, the devs set the equipment price, so that it does not affect the result of the enchantment analysis.

The results are listed in this table:

[​IMG]

As you can see, the most valuable piece of equipment for this analysis is the Chestplate of Sheared Blood. The least valuable are the Gauntlets of Retribution.

Data

Here are my data in case anyone cares to know how I came up with all my figures or cares to double check my results.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Special shout out to IIllIlI_l_Love_KaW_IIlllIl for his useful guide. This wouldn't have been possible without his hard work.

Happy New Year to you all, and I'll be looking forward to checking back on you all in the Spring. :cool:

2. Happy new year Cheese :D And another great guide :)

3. Cheese your back............

4. :lol: No. Consider this a late Christmas gift from an old dog. I've still got a few more months left in school.

5. Got time to chat?

6. Not on this thread! :lol:

PM me of you wanna chat.

7. The crown and gauntlets don't compare easily with the other four items. Because the enchantment on the other four can fail. I have spent enough mithril on my boots to have fully upgraded a crown....

8. Please don't take my previous post as a criticism, what you provide here is still extremely helpful. I just think you undervalue the gauntlets by not factoring in the fact that enchantment never fails on them.

9. What exactly does each equiptment boost?. Does this mean you get the most for your money if you get the ring?

10. Each equipment boosts your stats.

In theory, yes. However, the ring is not a guaranteed successful enchantment, so it's difficult to compare it with the rest of the equipment. I'm considering separating the comparisons by those that are guaranteed and those that are not guaranteed to be successfully enchanted.

11. Updated with new chest plate. I can't believe what a bargain that thing turned out to be! If you can, I definitely recommend saving up for it before buying any other piece of equipment.

12. omg stickie pl0x

13. Agreed, and can you update this thread with the newest equip? Thanks Cheese.

14. Would be nice if it showed the stat difference of other available equipment in the slot.

See how to get the best overall stats.

15. I'll update this soon. Might get to it today.

If you see a thread you'd like to have stickied, all you have to do is email the devs and ask them to sticky it, or wall a forum mod and ask them to sticky it.

16. I can do that. Thanks for the suggestion. Look for this in a future update.

17. Bump. Could be updated for newest equipment? :)

18. I forgot about this thread. Sorry, I'll do it after finals are over next week. :mrgreen: