The case for hybrid build (vs Hitter) for rw

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by AntiCancerDrug, Sep 18, 2012.

1. OP: it's your choice to spend real money or not, that said, the ability to cut a larger target down to size with ease improves one's chances in an extended 1v1 as well as the ability to burn 9/9 consistently on a much larger opponent.

You say sw is real war? Lol. I can self-pin for 24 hours. Try doing it for 3-4 months. Yes. Osw is real war. Your account(s) actually suffer consequences.

Osw isn't about who wins, but who is punished the most. To me, that's real war. Not a 24-48 hour all dtw festival of boredom.

Tracking and hunting prey, cutting your opposition deep? I can get behind that with a reason.

2. Nice posts ACD  . Joe- I think ACD was just pointing out "RW" being system war as the newer players most likely think about that the most, with the onset of tournaments and these upcoming weekly wars. ACD is a very commited osw veteran , we've fought against each other before our clans bonded, I know this lol. But , let's not argue the toss over the definition of "RW" , let's just help educate the newer players and they can decide what they like on their own  great thread ACD.

3. Note: I'm just saying osw and sw can be classed as "RW" and for newer guys, or any player for that matter, any step away from EB's is a good thing in my opinion, I'm sure you would agree . 

4. It's just a thought but I heard hybrids aren't so good in rw because they give off soo much plunder to incoming hits..also are your scenarios tested? You can really hit a dtw (to hitters) hansel as a hybrid 

5. Good post. I'm a tad partial to the hybrid variants. 

6. Great post bro, couldn't have explained it better. Just to add that it must be 13 spy buildings (guilds/SoS/Vol), spy def towers are not counted.

@Boo, proven. ACD has grown so big by feeding off dead hansels. 

7. Sorry, typo. Should be @Roo

8. I had a great war build before T5

2.96/3.064/.934/1.43 those are the stats (ish) from memory.

9. That's not 100% correct Osprey. I have 11 spy buildings (not including towers) and I still fit the criteria.

10. Btw it's bloodstained not bloody Eli 

11. Yes giskard. Spoke to ACD regarding this. Apparently towers are out of equation when determining if you are a hybrid or not. I think a better way to look at it would be, the ratio of your spy buildings to your attack buildings, should be at least 1:3.

For your case, I think is 11:33. Am I right?

12. Gr8 post cel. 

Hmmm hybrid is very loose term for Kaw build. Personally I refer hybrid hitters (hitter build but with more than 25% and more land built with spy buildings, not counting towers). And hybrid hansels as Hansel builds with more than 1 atk bldg but less than 25% of land with atk bldg. personally I do not favor 50:50 or 60:40 hybrids cus u are ezier to pin by normal builds yet leak te same plunder compared to normal builds

Previously the potential of hybrid hitters is limited by t4 stats. Meaning if u delegate 25% of land to SOS, u obviously sacrifice atk and def stats and ends up on the dinner plate of normal hitter builds if u do not constantly selfpin. I personally put hybrids as priority targets cus they ezier to pin and yet gives same plunder as any bc. hybrid hitters only truly shine in hands of a super active player constantly feeding on Hansel who are not selfpinning.

But since the intro of t5, the hi cost of upgrade has cause a wider stats gap between players. Now u can actually go hybrid with t5 atk bldgs while maintain 13 t4 SOS, like my case. As ppl takes some time to convert to t5, I do enjoy additional advantage as hybrid hitter by converting atk bldg to t5 first. I can still fend off most hitter builds with say 3,4mil atk stats while I get to hit and pin any Hansel builds I gets my trunk on 

And hybrids hitters are potent in any osw where there's plenty of hansels. No hansel, (unless u are in top 100 lb maybe) can defend against even a t4 hybrid hitter. I can hit and pin most hansels with my current build from top 70% troop without any pots at all. Meaning u maximize returns by burning def pots and pinning hansel builds, while gaining Gd plunder with little to no pot cost incurred, purrrfect for long drawn wars

Recent eg is hitting pure evil no2, Kronic kold during farm fest (sorry if I rem nick wrg ) which is ard 8mil plus Hansel for almost 74mil on first hit for my build and all hansels in the roster gives Gd ez plunder for a hybrid compared to hitting a hitter build which u most prob need full pots

13. Hmmmm so far all my alts hybrids are tested with 25% as the magic number. Didn't know ab 33%....

Wat I verified with my own acc is hansel with 25% and above land with atk bldg, u goes into hybrid hitter mechanism. Meaning u are open to hitter builds atk even if u zero gold but atk troop above 20%

And only hitters With 25% and above land with guilds and SOS can hit hansels with zero gold but with atk trp above 20%

14. MoNalisa...that's me! ACD talking a bout me

15. WoW~ nice post ACD 

16. With current available 49 lands, (minus castle) 25% means u need 12.25 lands wi guilds/SOS/vol to go hybrid hitters. I did tested by converting 12 SOS, i can't hit my own hansel with 0 gold but go 13 SOS and I start feeding.

And the magic number of 25% still stands for hybrid hansels. Cus my alt with 9 bldgs with 36 land plus 1castle (exactly 25%) is still open to hitters even with 0 gold. It's only after I build 1 more land with guild (24.32%) tat I goes back to hansel mechanism and stay dtw against hitter builds when 0 gold and troop above 20%

And indeed from what I heard, hitters with 12 SOS plus 1 tower or more cant hit hansel with no gold either. Apparently spy towers are not taken into consideration

17. @ Joe_
    Nice post with great rebuttals.
    Joe has been in many OSW. Many.

If I remember correctly, when WiG joined iG in their war versus NA/NAL subsequently under AhDragos command became the UWF. We warred close to 6-months of OSW. Like Joe_ says, you don't have to use real money, but it really takes a toll on real life.

I used to be a 22/2 Hybrid when we didn't have HL. I had 22 L4 Guilds, 1 L3 War Aviary n 1 L3 Summoning Circle. Great for smashing Hansels n Pure Spies.

Then EBs came out. And we had to use pots.
    For Haunting, I was using 1m pot for 1st 3 hits, then 2.5m for 2 hits, 3.5m for 2 hits, then 7.5m for 14 hits, then last 5 12m pots. (This is a formula for 22/2 Hansels) One full unload was 368m

But after checking with Lee (iG retired), I changed up to 13 troop buildings with 500b in good statted allies so that I did not have to use pots.

By this time we had T4s and HighLands. So my build was 11 CoEs, 2 Titans, 31 SoS and 1b in allies good stats. I made 638m per full unload. No pots necessary.

Now with T5, I have 11 Colony, 2 Tortured Gardens, 12 Volary n 24 SoS. That's what's causing me to show 50/50 Hybrid bcos my attack buildings are being upgraded to L3 whereas the Volary are still at L2. One full unload = 855m.
    I could be wrong here, it might be more bcos of recent upgrades to 4 T5s. Haven't had a chance to test. The Hauntings here are fast less than 30-mins.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank those who helped me see how builds, n plunder work.

I'm thanking:
    TMH (a mod from Benny's time),
    Pollyana (it was in her 3rd party app room we discussed all this n tested the 22/2 builds)
    And the rest of the group there.

Btw, my build is a hybrid n I m a sweeper during war. I always work from pin and my greatest achievement was to be Top Plunder for the Beta Testing of Summer Wars, great place to show how a hybrid build is capable of being great.
    I thank Swabia, for his help with Balanced/Hybrid Builds with Sweeper capabilities.

A note: Sweepers are highly versatile in a war environment. And are capable of creating great havoc n are the glue that keeps the war running.

Good luck with ASW2012.

18. @Meal: I wouldn't say many, but enough, to be sure.

19. I am a hybrid myself and really it started because I was undecided on which build was best - I have noticed in system wars and even in Osws I have pretty great success on both defending spies and pinning them and the same with hitters because I can assassinate them before hitting and get a decent success rate - OVERALL GREAT THREAD :)

20. Well done acd! Love the thread. All I can say is I'm happy such a brilliant student of the game is on my side . Honor fighting with Seven Sins