The case for hybrid build (vs Hitter) for rw

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by AntiCancerDrug, Sep 18, 2012.

1. I'm gonna buy all t5 volaries on highlands and on lowlands jeep the same

2. As a hybrid i noticed it ws extremely hard to make any good amount of plunder in rw. Most attacks lose against attack builds and hansels are almost always pinned. A majority of your actions go for steals which dont pull in a really good amount of plunder, plus attack builds sometimes have sdts making it even harder to be successful.
    You cant have the best of both worlds and when you try you just stretch yourself too thin and fail and being truly efficient. The only hybrid i know of that is actually successful is myley cyrus. She has the best of both worlds.

3. @hartfield, thanks bro we shd do it again sometime.
    @homedawg, maybe your build is not suited to your style of play. We were both in retribution. I'm a hybrid too and I routinely hit above my rank from pin.

4. Well now, since the system wars are updating and everyone is now building T5 and all...honestly, is hybrids a good idea? Weaker overall to pure spy (in spies) and hitters (in Atk) now to my understanding you are now trying to avoid being pinned, are hybrids still good?

5. Though as a hybrid you can argue that with new system mechanics, you are harder to pin...pros and cons for every build i guess but great thread nonetheless ACD 

6. I think the only thing missing is a hybrid needs to have a huge amount of bfa to be able to hit successfully against a att build.

7. Actually I think there is a still general confusion on what a hybrid means in the eyes of the game system. The game system defines a hybrid as having >25% atk blds >25% spy blds, whereas a hitter is >25% atk blds <25% spy blds. The stats is a consequence, not a determining factor.

Depending how you play your cards, a hybrid can hv very low or very high spy stats. My current build is an example of a hybrid with v low spy stats, in fact almost the minimum to be viewed by the system as a hybrid. In contrast, there are hitters (by system definition) with higher spy stats than me but doesn't get to enjoy hybrid privileges.

Whether one can hit other players effectively is a function of a number of other factors. In my case, I have gone for high attack stats but sacrificed def stats, making me an attractive target for the opponent. I am extremely vulnerable to equal ranked players btw. However, it suits me because I'm reasonably active in war and can afford to fight with pin protection. Having a thick bfa armour is always great regardless what build u have (unless u r pure spy).

8. Hybrids are not good builds.

9. I guess youre right then, it just comes down to personal preference. Hybrid is definitely not right for me.

10. Thanks for the great thread ACD. I've always been a hybrid hater, but after reading this for 20th time I've broken down and converted.

Hansels Beware
    I'm Coming For You

11. Haha! Welcome to the dark side rol

12. A testament to the well written, persuasive, articulate thread written by ACD. Well done!

13. Hansel all the way