The KaW Color, Font, and Picture Guide

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CoS-Dillybar, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Text/Picture Guide

Welcome to the KaW Color, Font, and Pictures Guide. This guide will tell you all the BBCodes for your typing needs. Please note that PC Users have a BBCode Bar on their forums so this guide is mostly for iDevice users. Enjoy!

PS: If I state "code box" somewhere I mean the box where you put the BBCode. EX: [ size=100 ]

Table of Contents

1. Purpose and Definition
    2. Color and Font Codes
    3. Rainbow Text
    4. List of Colors
    5. Posting Pictures
    6. PhotoBucket
    7. Emojis
    8. Conclusion

Purpose and Definition

BBCodes, short for Bulletin Board Codes, are little codes that you put before your sentence or text to alter it. You can make words Big or Small. You can make words Colored, Italicized, Underlined, or Bold. It's amazing what you can do with BBCodes!

Color and Font Codes

7 Main BBCodes

There is a total of 7 BBCodes available for use on KaW but Hundreds of Variations of them. The following Image contains the 7 main BBCodes.

[​IMG]

Simply typing whatever you want inside the code box will give you a cool looking post.

Don't forget the Quotation Marks around the person's name when quoting!

BBCode Variations

There are lots of variations for most of the BBCodes. I'll tell you the codes in each section for each code.

Size

You can change the size in a code very easily, simply change the number in your code box to any number between 1 and 200. 100 is the default size.
    Size one looks like this While size 200 looks like this.

Color

You can change the Color in a code by changing the color name in the code box. EX [ Color=Red ] Changed To 
    [ Color=Green ].

List

You can change the way a list looks by simply putting [ List=1 ], [ List=a ] or [ List=i ] instead of [ List ].

[ List ] Looks Like:

• Bullet List
    • Looks Good
    • Awesome!

[ List=1 ] Looks Like:

1. Numbered List
    2. Looks Good
    3. Awesome!

[ List=a ] Looks Like:

• Lettered List
    • Looks Good
    • Awesome!

[ List=i ] Looks Like:

• Roman Numerals List
    • Looks Good
    • Awesome!

Rainbow Text

In order to type in Rainbow Text simply follow these steps:

1. Click Here or go to http://www.tektek.org/color
    2. Click on "Rainbow" by the top
    3. Type what text you want in the text box below.
    4. Click on "Generate Code" below the text box.
    5. Copy the BBCode
    6. Paste it onto the forums and enjoy your rainbow awesomeness!!

List of Colors

The following is a list of all of the colors available to use as a BBCode.

AliceBlue, AntiqueWhite, Aqua, Aquamarine, Azure, Beige, Bisque, Black, BlanchedAlmond, Blue, BlueViolet, Brown, BurlyWood, CadetBlue, Chartreuse, Chocolate, Coral, CornflowerBlue, Cornsilk, Crimson, Cyan, DarkBlue, DarkCyan, DarkGoldenRod, DarkGray, DarkGreen, DarkKhaki, DarkMagenta, DarkOliveGreen, Darkorange, DarkOrchid, DarkRed, DarkSalmon, DarkSeaGreen, DarkSlateBlue, DarkSlateGray, DarkTurquoise, DarkViolet, DeepPink, DeepSkyBlue, DimGray, DodgerBlue, Feldspar, FireBrick, FloralWhite, ForestGreen, Fuchsia, Gainsboro, GhostWhite, Gold, GoldenRod, Gray, Green, GreenYellow, HoneyDew, HotPink, IndianRed, Indigo, Ivory, Khaki, Lavender, LavenderBlush, LawnGreen, LemonChiffon, LightBlue, LightCoral, LightCyan, LightGoldenRodYellow, LightGrey, LightGreen, LightPink, LightSalmon, LightSeaGreen, LightSkyBlue, LightSlateBlue, LightSlateGray, LightSteelBlue, LightYellow, Lime, LimeGreen, Linen, Magenta, Maroon, MediumAquaMarine, MediumBlue, MediumOrchid, MediumPurple, MediumSeaGreen, MediumSlateBlue, MediumSpringGreen, MediumTurquoise, MediumVioletRed, MidnightBlue, MintCream, MistyRose, Moccasin, NavajoWhite, Navy, OldLace, Olive, OliveDrab, Orange, OrangeRed, Orchid, PaleGoldenRod, PaleGreen, PaleTurquoise, PaleVioletRed, PapayaWhip, PeachPuff, Peru, Pink, Plum, PowderBlue, Purple, Red, RosyBrown, RoyalBlue, SaddleBrown, Salmon, SandyBrown, SeaGreen, SeaShell, Sienna, Silver, SkyBlue, SlateBlue, SlateGray, Snow, SpringGreen, SteelBlue, Tan, Teal, Thistle, Tomato, Turquoise, Violet, VioletRed, Wheat, White, WhiteSmoke, Yellow, YellowGreen

In case you're wondering what some of these colors look like, here's a picture of them.

[​IMG]

Posting Pictures

To post pictures follow these steps:

1. Download the app PhotoBucket
    2. Set up a PhotoBucket Account
    3. Click on Upload Image on PhotoBucket and choose the image you'd like to post
    4. Upload the image
    5. Go to my albums and click on the image
    6. Click on the I in the bottom right corner
    7. Copy the IMG code (bottom one)
    8. Paste it onto the forums
    9. Viola! You have a beautiful picture of whatever you're posting a picture of.

PhotoBucket

PhotoBucket can do a lot of things for you. I'll do my best explaining how to do some stuff.

Finding New Pictures

To find new pictures, simply go to the find new pictures tab. Then type in the idea of what you want (Swords, Dillybar, etc) and browse through the results. If you find one you like, click on it and in the bottom left corner should be a box with an arrow going through it. Click on it and hit copy to my album.  After that you are free to use the picture :) .

Changing Start Up Screen

To change your start up screen just go to settings and click on Start Screen and change it to whatever you like. Enjoy.

Emoji

I have collected some info on emojis and have found the codes for each emoji. The picture coming up will explain the codes. Whatever number comes before the code means that the code matches up with the emoji with the same number below.

[​IMG]

*Note: #21 has a stovepipe in it, not an I or an L. 

1. :D     9. ;)      17. :!:
    2. :)     10. :x    18. :?:
    3. ;)     11. :p     19. :idea: 
    4. :(     12. :oops:     20. :arrow:
    5. :eek:     13. :cry:     21. :|
    6. :shock:     14. :evil:     22. :mrgreen:
    7. :?     15. :twisted:     23. :geek:
    8. :cool:     16. :roll:     24. :ugeek:

Conclusion

This Concludes the KaW Color, Font, and Pictures Guide. Hope you've enjoyed!

My Other Guides:

The_KaW_Buildings/Builds_Guide

Beginner's_Warring_Guide

The_KaW_Questing_Guide

The_Full_KaW_Warring_Guide

The_KaW_Handbook

AwesomeSauceGuides Inc.

AwesomeSauce_Guides_Inc.

Special Thanks to my Clan Conclave of Shadows. Without my clan, this guide would not have been possible.

2. Re: The KaW Color, Font, and Picture Guidr

GJ DILLY!

Lol

3. Re: The KaW Color, Font, and Picture Guidr

:cool: Best thread ever :cool:

4. Only replier= bastion :?: :cry:

5. Replier #2!

Awesome !!

6. Ow I'm not replier #2

7. do they work on kaw chat and stuff also?

8. this is so cool

9. No , BBCode is for forums, so it will only work on the forums.

Nice guide :) go overtake benny's ! xD

10. Lol that's the plan :x . I Just finished making a persuasive plea to the devs to sticky this :p

11. Lol you serious? xD I've written 6 detailed guides (put into one, dun wanna make 6 threads for each :p ) over 26 pages printed which is more than anything I've written for school, and nobody read it :( . Stop stealing my attention! :p

12. Lol soz. Hmmm I still need another guide idea :|

13. What has not been covered by mine :p

We should start a guide company and take over the guide industry of kaw >:)

Guide to making guides (kinda stupid), guide to forums (good one), erm...

14. Who told you my master plan? I plan on making a guide making company in the future. I plan on calling it *drastic hand motion like a rainbow* DillyGuides Inc.

15. And you stoled my forum guide idea too. I plan on starting thatsoon but the devs are ironing out some wrinkles with the forums right now so I have to wait a while.

16. Lol or you can tmh's approach of making a guide right before an update then having to change everything in a week :p . Tmh updated his guide on allies and allies plunder... when new buildings are scheduled :p

Btw:

Test:
    • a
    • b
    • c

17. I know. Starting a Buildings/Builds Guide once the update comes out

18. :role: :eek: oh my goodness!! this is soooooo cool!! I'm so happy!! :D now let's c if it works lol