Anime BABY

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DrDrunk, May 7, 2019.

1. Anime Baby, Anime

Ahhh. Anime. We all love it. Probably. Well maybe, idk maybe I’m the only one who has pretty much watched so much anime that I can speak a little Japanese. By a little I mean I know how to say “hatred within.”

Anyways... I came to forums thinking one thing. If anyone can appreciate the... beauty of anime. The art of it if you will.

Now don’t get me wrong. The best part of anime is definitely the intense story and deep and just overall fantastic.

So. What is your favorite anime? Do you hate anime and want to burn it in the inferno of hell itself?

Let’s talk about it!

Please. My friends make fun of me I want to talk about some anime with people.

Please.

<3 :lol:

2. I'm the kind of person that have figures and erm... hugging pillows.

I really like comedy anime with a touch of moe.

Saying that, my non-moe favourites are Sakamoto Desu Ga, Danshi Kokosei no Nichijou, Angel Beats, Toradora, and Ore no Monogatari, but I digress.

I really liked HenNeko, Ore no Nounai, Higurashi, and Ichigo Mashimaro.

Haa... anime... my list is too long!

3. jesus christ

4. I’m not familiar with the Jesus-sama anime.

5. pander pander pander

/cringe

6. My favorite part about anime is the deep plot

7. I'm really relieved to see this thread.

This comment is from some other thread, but I didn't want to get off topic:
    Talk about disappointing. I'm having coma dreams, and the best my brain can come up with is a hugely cliche "oohhhhhhhh, protagonist woke up in a strange new world?1" plot? (or sucked into a game, or was reincarnated in a fantasy world, or teleported to one, etc etc). Smh.

So anyways my favorite anime of this genre is Overlord. I have also been really enjoying TTIGRAA Slime, looking forward to the next season.

8. i like one piece

9. Ha, you noticed their little other world trend they have been hitting hard for last 2 years.

I watch anime alot on funimation. Bit of everything depending on mood. To regress back to squashmore year high school dxd makes me laugh. Slime is good, overlord, seven deadly sins; anyway i could keep going.

Mostly anime lets me forget life and my deteriorating health for a short time, giving me a slight break.

10. My partner and I have taken to selecting a handful of shows off crunchyroll every season lineup. We scroll through, both pick out random titles/thumbnails that look interesting, then read descriptions and close any tabs that look boring. Then we watch an episode of each (usually covering all new selections in a few hours on a weekend), then purge the ones neither of us enjoys after 1 episode.

It's a fun little process together that we enjoy :D we don't have any tv subscriptions, so that's what we watch together.

I really liked as ms beelzebub likes, cute little slice of life. Currently we're watching Sarazanmai, shield hero, the new fruits basket, and one other that I can't name here :lol: I'm hoping overlord s4 will come out in the summer lineup, since the anime has been following the English light novel (or vice versa?) and the next light novel which will cover post-s3 plot is coming out this month.

11. Oh! I forgot to say: I just cannot do dub anime. It's just really weird and I swear their accents are stronger than in real life. Nah-roo-toe.

12. Aww anime is life <3 I think I have watched too many to count lol top favs would have to be Tokyo ghoul,grave of the fireflies(old but a very good), toradora,elfin lied, in another world with my smartphone, ghost in the shell,sword art online, when they cry, another, trigun, wolf's rain, trinity 7,witch hunter robin, fairy tale, serial experiments lain,overlord and many more 

13. No one has mentioned Jojo so I Will Jojos Bizarre Adventure. Watch it watch it watch it watch it watch it watch it

14. Grave of Fireflies is a tear-jerker.

OP now has two Toradora recommendations!

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is bizarre! I remember watching it once when it was on TV when I was in the States and both my Japanese wife and I were rolled up laughing at the fact the English dub still has him saying 'ORA! ORA! ORA! ORA!’ as he’s fighting! Ahahahahahaha! Still gets me! LOL!

15. Jojo is on my watchlist but I haven't been able to make time for it. The people I know who watch anime all love it though, I'm looking forward to it.

16. Naruto...bleach...dbz and super...baki...assassination classroom...bezerk old series new movies n new series...trigun...original Digimon lol..death note...baselisk. and a lot of others I can't recall right now. Arigato for the thread. Gomen'nasai that I forgot many.