A Great Day for America

Talk about anything not directly related to the game.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: A Great Day for America

Postby DevilsTriangle on Oct 12 2018, 6:46am

Belladonna-“idk much about the American court and honestly don’t care but if it’s a 5-4 split that won’t beat the previous majority so how can they overturn it without outnumbering the previous decision? What’s the use of precedent if you can overturn it with every subsequent case?[/quote][/quote]”

So, our Supreme Court can hear cases repeatedly, there is no “double jeopardy” in cases sent to the Supreme Court. Now, there is a chance that the Supreme Court could rule in favor of a case/person, however, they still need majority vote to change any precedent when hearing certain cases. We would have to get into individual cases to review this precedent.[/quote]



So...Jesus .....5-4 isn’t a split ...that is a majority ...a split is 4-4...a majority which you clearly don’t understand the definition means having more than the Minority ...5 is more than 4 ...a majority Jesus lady ...stop yourself your liberal madness is hilarious
DevilsTriangle
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Oct 5 2018, 7:33am

Re: A Great Day for America

Postby DevilsTriangle on Oct 12 2018, 6:53am

Just so Bella understands what the heck is going ...



“The Supreme Court can overrule itself. This happens when a different case involving the same constitutional issues as an earlier case is reviewed by the court and seen in a new light, typically because of changing social and political situations. The longer the amount of time between the cases, the more likely this is to occur (partly due to stare decisis).”


Which is exactly what will happen here social climate has changed ...time has passed and baby killing will no longer be tolerated ...if you can’t understand that there is no hope for you
DevilsTriangle
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Oct 5 2018, 7:33am

Re: A Great Day for America

Postby DeltaForceGM01 on Oct 12 2018, 7:04am

What bella doesn’t realize is supreme-court judges are NOT politicians they are judges and thus are non-partisan, they DONT make laws only enforced existing law
DeltaForceGM01
 
Posts: 39
Joined: May 31 2018, 6:26am

Re: A Great Day for America

Postby illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi on Oct 12 2018, 7:09am

DevilsTriangle wrote:Just so Bella understands what the heck is going ...



“The Supreme Court can overrule itself. This happens when a different case involving the same constitutional issues as an earlier case is reviewed by the court and seen in a new light, typically because of changing social and political situations. The longer the amount of time between the cases, the more likely this is to occur (partly due to stare decisis).”


Which is exactly what will happen here social climate has changed ...time has passed and baby killing will no longer be tolerated ...if you can’t understand that there is no hope for you


It won’t be overturned. Again I’ll say it. The Supreme Court will hear cases about corporate insurers. Insurance agencies don’t want to cover the elective surgery. It is an elective surgery. Also corporate America don’t want to be forced to pay for it. That’ll be a case. Then there will be the tax payers case. We don’t want to pay for it also. Possibly certain types of abortions. Maybe. I’m sure planned parenthood will be a main one also, but that falls into the tax payer part. That will be the only things.

You can’t tell anyone what they can or cannot do with their bodies. Simple. It’s president. The law has stood the test of time. It’s been blasted at every angle.
illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi
 
Posts: 2253
Joined: Mar 17 2011, 6:59am

Re: A Great Day for America

Postby LordSavan on Oct 12 2018, 7:11am

ISS_The_DirtyDugan_ISS wrote:
LordSavan wrote:Man, I wish I had all the free time you guys do to wax poetical about your favorite political parties. However, the real world beckons my attn from time to time.


Am I the only one who feels that he’s searching for someone’s approval? Should I offer you a high five, hug, beer?

LordSavan wrote:Im not impressed with your solar panel salesmanship as some type of qualification to discuss atmospheric science. I sure you hype up the dangers to sell your product, if not, your the only solar salesman ive met who doesnt.


So let me get this straight, your original comment was something along the lines of “if you’re so worried about the babies, maybe you should tell your party to stop burning the planet to a crisp.” I then challenged you to explain to us what you’ve done to address the issue YOU brought up. Yet instead of accepting my challenge like a man/women/thing (however you identify yourself), you’ve attempted to speak down on what I have accomplished, that by all accounts, has been identified as part of a solution to an issue YOU indentified as an issue.

In light of this, im under the impression that the most you’ve done for the environment is recycle your home made “I hate Trump” sign after you had a good cry with your fellow dirty hippies on the corner of Main Street after the man won the election.

LordSavan wrote:Its just a different story when you have to prove your ideological leanings.


Stop, hold up. I didn’t make an assertion like you did in your first post that was clearly based on your ideological leanings. My response was to ask you to explain your first post which you haven’t.

I later asked you to provide a study that compared time frames to when humanity first started recording weather patterns to that of previous records. I’m still waiting, however this time I realize how important you are as life beckons.

Yet through all your posts, the closest you have got to it is the following...

LordSavan wrote:'The heat trapping nature of carbon dioxide and other gasses was demonstrated in the mid 19th century. Their ability to affect the transfer of infared energy through the atmosphere is
the scientific basis of many insturments flown by NASA. There is no question that increased levels of greenhouse gasses must cause the earth to warm as a response'
Thats a quote from NASA bud.


Do you know what pseudoscience is? If you don’t, I encourage you to figure it out.

NASA has used, as their base of interpretation, a study called the “IPCC Assessment Report.” You should read them or at the least set aside some time in your hectic schedule to skim through them.

What’s really interesting about the report is it’s very clear it doesn’t use the scientific method to make a conclusion but instead, uses models and forecasts based on limited data.

This data, as described in the report only considers what has occurred since we started recording the weather. It does not consider any other data from the past 5 billion years, let alone 10,000 that could be used to create a more accurate model. My hunch is, this is why 5% of the 1,500 scientists who were presented the 2014 report, disagreed with the conclusion.

BTW, Domo eluded to this earlier and no rebuttal was offered in response.

If you can manage the time to read about doctor Ignaz Semmelweis, you will find an example of when the consensus of scientists was wrong.

LordSavan wrote:Maybe they know a bit more about it than your solar installers.


We can all take the tine and review it and come to our own conclusion. However, at least our children will be able to say their parents actually did something about it.

LordSavan wrote:And by the way, though you desperatly want to make this a left/ right thing, there are Republicans who are aware of this and say so. They just get shouted down by the rest of you bleating nonsense.


This is cute. I offered truths of what both parties have done. But please reference your first post that was the catalyst for this back and forth, when you said “you should stop your party from burning the planet to a crisp.”




Searching for approval? From whom? Your the one regaling us alll with your lige story and how your sloar panels are going to save the children. I could care less about anyones opinion of me, especially on a freaking phone game.
Way to divert fron the issue. You still have not presented anything resembling truth.
Have you never heard of paleoclimate study? Absolute garbage that we can only track temperature the last two hundred years. Greenland has lost 281 billion tons of ice in the last twenty years, triple the previous rate. These are measurables, not someones opinion.
So anyway, tired of yammering on with bleating sheep. Good luck living the blinded life, if you have any more personal issues with me, I assure you, im not dtw.
LordSavan
2018 ASW Champion
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Aug 10 2012, 9:27pm

Re: A Great Day for America

Postby DevilsTriangle on Oct 12 2018, 7:21am

illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi wrote:
DevilsTriangle wrote:Just so Bella understands what the heck is going ...



“The Supreme Court can overrule itself. This happens when a different case involving the same constitutional issues as an earlier case is reviewed by the court and seen in a new light, typically because of changing social and political situations. The longer the amount of time between the cases, the more likely this is to occur (partly due to stare decisis).”


Which is exactly what will happen here social climate has changed ...time has passed and baby killing will no longer be tolerated ...if you can’t understand that there is no hope for you


It won’t be overturned. Again I’ll say it. The Supreme Court will hear cases about corporate insurers. Insurance agencies don’t want to cover the elective surgery. It is an elective surgery. Also corporate America don’t want to be forced to pay for it. That’ll be a case. Then there will be the tax payers case. We don’t want to pay for it also. Possibly certain types of abortions. Maybe. I’m sure planned parenthood will be a main one also, but that falls into the tax payer part. That will be the only things.

You can’t tell anyone what they can or cannot do with their bodies. Simple. It’s president. The law has stood the test of time. It’s been blasted at every angle.




Yes there are many things law tells you that you cannot do with your body...​...murder...just because they made a mistake before doesn’t mean they won’t correct it now that they control the court...and it’s a priority for them to get this done. Abortion was illegal before and it will be illegal again soon.


This is the entire point of the discussion now and why kavanaughs appointment was so important ...the precedent (or president as yuh call it) has been a thorn in conservatives side a long long time and now that the balance of power has changed on the court they fully intend to reverse it....which is what the dems did in the first place overturning a precedent that made abortion illegal ...its the same thing ...same case ...the only difference is the players involved and when your team is on the power play you better use that man advantage to score a goal :)
DevilsTriangle
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Oct 5 2018, 7:33am

Re: A Great Day for America

Postby ISS_The_DirtyDugan_ISS on Oct 12 2018, 1:55pm

Bruh, I’m not worried or concerned about your troops being DTW...it’s your DTW responses that are bothersome.
ISS_The_DirtyDugan_ISS
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Jan 8 2011, 1:26am

Re: A Great Day for America

Postby pk79 on Oct 12 2018, 4:43pm

They won’t outright outlaw abortions because of right to self determination they will probably just restrict how it is paid for.
pk79
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Jun 12 2014, 5:26pm

Re: A Great Day for America

Postby illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi on Oct 13 2018, 2:31am

Bingo ^^^^
illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi
 
Posts: 2253
Joined: Mar 17 2011, 6:59am

Re: A Great Day for America

Postby DevilsTriangle on Oct 13 2018, 7:19am

DeltaForceGM01 wrote:What bella doesn’t realize is supreme-court judges are NOT politicians they are judges and thus are non-partisan, they DONT make laws only enforced existing law



Nobody is “non-partisan”. They are placed there specifically to uphold the values of the party they were put in by....they are extremely partisan....off the record of course that’s why the votes are usually 5-4 on party lines
DevilsTriangle
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Oct 5 2018, 7:33am

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests