Nate’s Medieval Themed Cookbook!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Snoopy, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Nate’s Super Duper Medieval Wizard and Warrior Cook Book

In this addition of let’s liven up some lurking forumers, I’ll be listing a few items that I cook regularly! These are pretty fun to make and overall if you enjoy fattening people up you might actually like it. Also it’s KaW aka medieval themed because I know it’s the only way to satisfy you freaking nerds.

THE DRINKS

Barley Water

Ingredients

1/4 cup pearl barley
    2 Tbsp. sugar
    2 cups boiling water
    Peel and juice from 1 lemon

Instructions

Combine all ingredients, cover, and let sit until cold. Strain before serving.

Buttered Beere

Ingredients

12 oz. beer
    1 egg yolk
    1/4 cup sugar
    1/16 tsp. nutmeg
    1/16 tsp. cloves
    1/16 tsp. ginger
    2 Tbsp. butter

Instructions

Put the egg yolk into a saucepan and slowly whisk in beer. Add sugar and spices and heat over medium-high heat until mixture just starts to come to a boil. Remove from heat, add butter, and whisk until mixed. Serve hot.

THE MEATS

Blancmanger

Ingredients

1 pound chicken
    4 cups cooked white rice (about 1 1/2 cup uncooked)
    1/2 cup almond milk
    1 cup water
    2 tsp. sugar
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp. ginger
    1/8 tsp. white pepper

Instructions

Boil chicken until very tender and allow to cool. Tease meat apart with forks until well shredded. Put meat into a large pot with remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat until thick. Serve hot.

Stewed Capon

Ingredients

1 lb. chicken
    8 cups broth
    1/3 cup raisins
    1/3 cup dates, chopped
    1/2 cup onion, sliced
    4 slices bread
    1/4 tsp. thyme
    1/3 cup prunes, chopped
    1/8 tsp. cloves
    1/8 tsp. mace
    1/4 tsp. pepper
    1/4 tsp. verjuice (or lemon juice)
    salt (to taste)

Instructions

Place chicken in a pot of boiling water and cook until done, about 20 mintutes. Take the chicken out, allow it to cool, and cut into bite-sized pieces. Discard cooking water.

Add broth, raisins, dates, onion into a large pot and bring to a boil.

Tear up the bread into large pieces and place in a small bowl. Add water or some of the broth and allow to soak for a few minutes, stirring occasionally to break things up. Strain into the pot, discarding the solids.

Add remaining ingredients and chicken. Bring to a boil, and allow to simmer until done, about 15 minutes.

Thus ends the ancient days of fast food and eating lays, forward we march towards the sun in order to eat and drink some meat and rum!

Hopefully someone will enjoy this different approach to forums!

If you have any ideas or good recipes that are “medieval” themed post them below and I’ll add them in!

Nate, the Steve Harvey turned Gordon Ramsay of Kingdoms at War! :)

2. Medieval Salted Pork

Ingredients

Salt
    Pork

Instructions

Salt the pork. Medievally.

3. Buttered beer actually looks pretty decent. Might have to save that one for later.

4. You sir are a generational talent. Brilliant cookery. 11/7!

Let me just tell you it was actually spectacular. For sure worth a try at least!

5. Lol this was nice. Bump.

6. But how coarse should the salt be!?!?! :D

7. My very first thread was a KaW cookbook. Had so many recipes from various players from all over the world. Sadly it was automatically deleted after some time. Rip.

Nice thread.

8. RIP.

I love and live to cook. If I weren’t a business nerd I’d be a chef. Long Live the Scaly Cookbook of the Drgn. :lol: