Forum; Off-Topic Change

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Original_Belladonna, Aug 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I’d buy that portrait of Kas.

2. Eagle, let me point out a few things.

1) If active topics were as popular as you like to think they are, I can see why you lock threads that “clog up” AT, but we don’t have a popular forum because the AT’s are few and far between. So locking due to “clogging up active topics” is redundant and worthless.

2) We all know the rules and what is determinate of a lock, silence or ban. What I am disagreeing with is the off-topic discussion and the aforementioned reasons in my OP.

3) You can suggest that we contact another mod or even opening the help window to submit a ticket, I’m telling you this is pointless as I have done this multiple times and have been shut down by both moderators and developers regarding forum posts/threads that were locked or regarding a ban.

4) I created this thread specifically so people can go off-topic, talk about what they want, including in-game nonsense and banter. What you may deem as “attacking” is actually just war banter, and this is a war game still. Despite the immense amount of trading going on.

5) This thread was also created to jumpstart an era of KaW where people can express themselves with threads without the fear of silences or bans. This thread will give the developers a chance to see what effects their “rules” have on the majority of forumers. We aren’t complaining about a silence or a ban, but it needs to be stated that some of them are unjust. If that’s against the ToU, then that makes me wonder why. Like why do you not want people knowing about unjust silences or bans?

6) Since this thread is an “off-topic” thread that is posted in “off-topic”, I don’t consider anything here to be derailment or off-topic. I am encouraging dialogue between the active forumers and trying to force the forums back into a state of constant activeness. Dialogue is what keeps people coming back to forums. Read my OP regarding dialogue within the forums.

The constant locking for some of your aforementioned reasons are unjust reasons. For example: “Low-effort”. Low effort is in the eye of the beholder. If it’s low effort, it will die naturally, you don’t need to tick someone off by locking it if there is dialogue being had within that “low-effort” thread. As for locking for “off-topic”, again, re-read my OP.

3. That's not kas ...its his mom :)

4. can we ban people who quote the whole post thanks

5. Why is that an issue? Are you that uninterested in scrolling through the quote to see the reply?

6. No, they were questions that need to be answered before you can claim anything. There is disparity in your statement that a single clan (ZAFT) caused the devs to remove a feature.

The questions I raised show this.

Does the devs change it... Hmmm, well does the devs don't change it. That's the questions /meme

I didn't read what I wrote.

Biggest laugh I've had

Reminds me of Philip K ;)

7. That’s your mom.

Anyways I’ve been around a long long time. Actually my clan Holy Vanguard was disbanded by the order of zaft. Suspect said they would farm until we disband. Yeah that breaks tou now. Didn’t back then. I’ve been in every damn war I’ve seen what happened. You are naive to think that zaft wasn’t the main culprit. Go back to sleep Kas. It’s really better you don’t speak, because you get made fun of.

8. You know, they took away the reset button but now people farm for charms. I’ve seen CF’s that included large payouts. In the hundreds of thousands. Not sure if that’s against the rules, would need someone with more authority to answer that.

9. This breaks tou. Under extreme harassment. If anyone has this done to them please notify ata. Even if person unfollows you ata can still look into pm.

10. How is it harassment if those are functions within the game?

11. Nope, that's defs Philly K :lol:

You've seen things, been in the great war? Could this be where I mention your crippling ptsd and you tell me about your war stories and how you've gone senile with age? Did ZAFT create those hide-y holes in Vietnam too? Did they create the well-designed and surprisingly symmetrical cropcircles you see in North America?

THE PLOT THICKENS
    ZAFT KILLED YOUR CLAN LMAO

Anyway, if we're going to go on about experience. I've been in forums for quite some time so surely I should know when to call out something that sounds shifty :lol:

I don't know what's going on with your memory, old man. But a few moments ago I made fun of you.

How lame, I expected more than a simple "buzz off".

12. Where did you make fun of me ?

I like your moms picture btw.

13. I have made similar points on a thread about 1-2 weeks ago, and couldn’t agree more. There shouldn’t be so much vagueness in the rules, it pretty much gives the moderators the power to ban whichever thread they want, because the rules are so vague that they can interpret it breaking at least one of the rules.

I also completely agree with the “low effort forums” argument. How do you define a forum low effort. No colored text? No memes? Less than 10 words? Because I have seen threads in my day that meet none of this criteria yet makes for some of the most interesting discussion I’ve ever seen on this app.

I think generally it may not be the moderators faults, they are just doing there best to interpret the rules, they might go a little overboard with them, but the rules are so vague that there is room to be as strict as they are, the only real way I see to fix this is a more structured rule/rule enforcement system set out by ata. I don’t know if this is in there interest, but seeing as this is the second thread in the last few weeks that has blown up with similar topics I’m hoping they at least notice.

Also banter is fun, everyone likes to banter especially in a war game where you can 1v1, as long as it doesn’t get personal and is just good old trash talking I don’t see why this shouldn’t be allowed.

14. There are several moderators that take things personally and it affects their judgement when dealing with the same people all of the time. They obtain a biased view towards individuals. They are there to enforce the rules, but as you stated, the rules are vague. I agree with that 100%. We definitely need a revision to the Forum RoC/ToU.

As I stated, forums are there for dialogue, and with unjust locks and bans, it prevents that dialogue from happening. It even prevents further interest in posting. I also think that the mindset of the active users of this forum are stuck in the past and either support something or not. That’s all it boils down to.

Trying to reignite the fires of the forums is a daunting task, but we’ve got to stand up and say: “Hey, we want to use this outlet, it is a part of our experience in the KaWmunity.” To deny some of us an equal experience, or to show favoritism, or to continue with the mindset that if you put in a “low-effort” thread, then you aren’t worthy to continue posting, is asinine and that is what is closing this outlet to those people who are singled out. That’s why I created this thread, because it creates this dialogue we so desperately need. And I’m actually surprised to see it’s mostly positive because mine don’t go over so well. 

15. I second this motion. It’s extremely annoying when they quote it on the first page. Like bro I know what you are talking about I just read the whole post don’t do it.

I also noticed how much Bella uses the word “redundant” and it’s actually impressive how she fits it in successfully so much.

16. I only used it on that one post, twice. But thanks for the compliment. :) I guess I impress people now. Ego stroke. ;)

17. Anyways I’ve been around a long long time. Actually my clan Holy Vanguard was disbanded by the order of zaft. Suspect said they would farm until we disband. [/quote]

Long live big daddy! Long live Vontez!

18. because when you big brain 200 iq geniuses post 200 word essays, and im looking at forums on my iphone it takes like 8 years to scroll down to the bottom because everyones quoting eachothers essays

19. wat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.