Etiquette for Locking Posts

Talk about anything not directly related to the game.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Etiquette for Locking Posts

Postby belle__ on Jul 15 2018, 2:23am

As is obvious, I’m a new player to KAW. While exploring this interesting and exciting new community, I found my way to forums.

I posted a message that didn’t contain any meaningful content and was rightfully locked.

However, the verbiage that was added as the reason for the lock was:

“Cool story, bro.

Interesting, yet profound. Really changed my life”

Or some nonsense from what was trending on the internet to be cool in 2015.

Here’s my point:

Should the lock message contain a reason for the lock? Or should it contain snide remarks that turn off new players from joining this app?

Should moderators be allowed the dual roll of troll- the antithesis of helpful?

I hope this quandary meets the standards for postage in KaW.

Thank you all.

*curtsies*
belle__
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Jul 14 2018, 6:05pm

Re: Etiquette for Locking Posts

Postby Owl on Jul 15 2018, 2:25am

Welcome to KaW :^D
Owl
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Jan 26 2013, 9:49pm

Re: Etiquette for Locking Posts

Postby BionicMan on Jul 15 2018, 2:51am

This is lame. It’s not a new player just some idiots alt.
BionicMan
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Mar 7 2017, 12:49am

Re: Etiquette for Locking Posts

Postby belle__ on Jul 15 2018, 2:56am

BionicMan wrote:This is lame. It’s not a new player just some idiots alt.


See my join date. I’m super new. This is my only acct.
belle__
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Jul 14 2018, 6:05pm

Re: Etiquette for Locking Posts

Postby Jackson on Jul 15 2018, 3:14am

what you mean what you meannn
Jackson
 
Posts: 4475
Joined: Sep 12 2013, 8:12am

Re: Etiquette for Locking Posts

Postby Titan_God on Jul 15 2018, 8:16am

Moderators are helpful, and I’ll take you on your word as a new player... so being that, you shouldn’t come into a game and start on how things should be moderated when you’re new yourself, just saying. Get seasoned in the game for a bit whether you’re playing or on forums posting.

After time you’ll see why things are done the way they are, also the comment made by the moderator that locked the thread I honestly found to be more humorous than negative in my opinion.

All questions on how things are done can be answered by a moderator which you can follow and ask why this or why that or whatever you feel over issues that you may face or have concerns over. :)
User avatar
Titan_God
Moderator
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Sep 15 2011, 6:18am
Location: Kaw App / Kingdomsatwar.com

Re: Etiquette for Locking Posts

Postby Guinness on Jul 15 2018, 8:19am

Don't make a lockable post. #DrgnForVK
Guinness
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Jul 1 2018, 8:21am

Re: Etiquette for Locking Posts

Postby belle__ on Jul 15 2018, 8:46am

Titan_God wrote:Moderators are helpful, and I’ll take you on your word as a new player... so being that, you shouldn’t come into a game and start on how things should be moderated when you’re new yourself, just saying.


So- your response to: “should moderators lock posts with a valid reason or a troll?” is:

“Don’t ask questions, kid”


Titan_God wrote:All questions on how things are done can be answered by a moderator which you can follow and ask why this or why that or whatever you feel over issues that you may face or have concerns over. :)


Lol. Then you say- if you have questions, message me, who is telling you not to question things till you’re older, or my friend, who started off to you immediately.
belle__
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Jul 14 2018, 6:05pm

Re: Etiquette for Locking Posts

Postby belle__ on Jul 15 2018, 8:47am

Smarted*
belle__
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Jul 14 2018, 6:05pm

Re: Etiquette for Locking Posts

Postby Titan_God on Jul 15 2018, 9:20am

belle__ wrote:
Titan_God wrote:Moderators are helpful, and I’ll take you on your word as a new player... so being that, you shouldn’t come into a game and start on how things should be moderated when you’re new yourself, just saying.


So- your response to: “should moderators lock posts with a valid reason or a troll?” is:

“Don’t ask questions, kid”


Titan_God wrote:All questions on how things are done can be answered by a moderator which you can follow and ask why this or why that or whatever you feel over issues that you may face or have concerns over. :)


Lol. Then you say- if you have questions, message me, who is telling you not to question things till you’re older, or my friend, who started off to you immediately.


Lol never said don’t ask kid but one truly needs to know look up some stuff in the faqs section which really needs an overhaul or ask around there’s plenty of forumers to let you know how things are done to keep a thread open and what gets them closed.

Asking a question and complete my on here about how things are done are two different things also I said ask a moderator not go posting it to forums, I honestly don’t see you as a new player rather yet one we’ve seen before since you’re going all out on this. So with that said got questions? Follow me, if not have fun in the game and learn more about forums and how they are moderated and all should be good :)
User avatar
Titan_God
Moderator
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Sep 15 2011, 6:18am
Location: Kaw App / Kingdomsatwar.com

Next

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests