Hit me baby one more time

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TCW-BobRosszHappyBush-TCW, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Wc was just discussing collecting Pokemans and such, which brought me back to a very happy memory of the dumbest fracking game ever: Pogs

Now for those of you who don't know about pogs, you essentially try to flip paper discs over using a bigger, heavier disc. There was a lot more to it than that, but I'll leave you to Google that.

Now, no one really liked playing the game, but collecting the coolest accessories was a priority. You needed cool pogs, which came in so many designs. You also needed a vast collection of slammers. Don't even try to talk to me if your slammer wasn't metal with a holographic sticker on it. One was never enough, although you only needed one.
    Then, you needed a mat of some sort, because you can't go flipping paper bits on an uneven surface. Then there were organizational things to hold your pogs and slammers.
    Do you remember pogs? Did you play? What did your ridiculous pog crap look like?

2. never interested in the pogz. only the slammers.

4. So pogs wasn't a thing for anyone else? Sad.

5. Was it like some kind of circular object?
    Where if you flip the first one, you get it?

6. Maaaan I haven't thought about pogs in forever!!! I had the Nickelodeon collections..didn't have a metal slammer tho mine was the hard acrylic in Lime green!! Omg take me back :lol:

7. I've seen Mexico making their own version of pogs but was in various chips from Frito lay to generic brand chips. I did get a bobba fett pog from ruffles XD and it's the rare metal type too

8. I remember this, when I was a lot younger I had a few, never really played competitively; but they were a neat fad. Cheers for reminding me of my childhood a little