books

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lonesong, Jun 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alright i made a post like this a while ago and it got some good recommends so heres it again

ive read a lot of books since that post and i gotta say top 3 have been

the name of the wind
    red rising
    the way of kings

not in that order. although red rising i gotta say was some good stuff. name of the wind really atmospheric too i loved it

now im running low while i wait for part 3 of kingkiller chronicles (name of the wind book 3)

what books have you guys enjoyed/recommend for a nerd like me?

2. The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. Every time a new book comes out I reread the entire series before reading the new one.

I may have a problem...

3. I've been reading Just My Type, which is a brief overview (as opposed to an in-depth multi-volume history) of typefaces. I'm quite enjoying it so far, it's informative, engaging, and at times entertaining.

4. Murder by family

The Professionals by owen laukkanen

Happy, Happy, Happy by Phil Robertson (Duck Dynasty)

8 Simple Rules For Marrying My Daughter by W. Bruce Cameron

5. Thinking Fast and Slow

Brave New World

Trade Based Money Laundering

6. I’m a book hoarder. I collect tons of books ...I wish I had more time to read. I used to read all the time, just got too busy for it. It’s a lot of work being the Governor of Michigan and also owner of EVERY restaurant and the largest employer in Michigan.
    

Someone mentioned in the last thread Vintage Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Sword & Sorcery, Sword & Planet) that’s mostly what I read, even though I don’t read like I used to I still love collecting old Sci-Fi/Fantasy paperbacks but more for the cover art nowadays.

(I usually buy whole collections now)

Two of the best Artists for old Sci-Fi/Fantasy were Frank Frazetta & Boris Vallejo...

...long considered “trash art” most of that older Sci-Fi/Fantasy art didn’t get much critical acclaim when it came out. That’s slowly changing.

Couple years ago Frazetta’s “At The Earth’s Core” sold for little more then 1 million...

...pretty good since 20 years ago it was literally worthless.

“At The Earth’s Core”

A lot of these older Sci-Fi/Fantasy paperbacks have little bit collector value just for the cover art.

...some of what I picked up in my last purchase.

7. Psychocybernetics- maxwell malts
    Think and grow rich- Napoleon Hill
    The slight edge- Jeff Olson

8. alright sorry i just logged back on and holy crap thank you i have a lot of books to checkout.

also todd thats super cool. a lot of that art is actually amazing.

looks like ill have to check out dresden files first cause those look sick

9. i looked at psychocyberntics and im intrigued. can you tell me about it?

10. I normally don’t read self help/development type books. The two that I have that I can remember being decent are. “The Tipping Point” -Malcolm Gladwell & “Rich Dad Poor Dad” -Robert Kiyosaki. Rich Dad Poor Dad is a little dated but generally still good. 

...but most are BS. Stay away from that Tony Robbins idiot and other such crap. 

11. Tape measure

Blue prints

12. To start its non fiction/ personal development. Psycho-cybernetics is about a plastic surgeon who notices the psychology that is involved with his patients. I believe he's the one who coined the term of the "self image" (I could be wrong). He goes on to say that the human mind operates similar to that of a heat seeking missle.... I'm not to great at describing it but I would recommend giving it a read. One of my favorites.

13. Monkey’s carpet shows me he lives in his aging mother’s house still.

14. Better then the dirt floor I hump your mother on 

15. LOL POO READS BOOKS?

Oh just comics no one has heard of, how lame. Probs picked em up at some garage sale.

Well I suppose the fact he is reading kiddy comics proves he is still a smoll boi.

That would explain the momma jokes, anyway you better stop being mean to Nate or I'll get yo mommy to take away your comics.

16. Calling Phillip K Dick a comic book writer shows how vastly idiotic you are 

NOW you are really showing how ignorant you truly are ...lol you obviously know nothing about literature. Philip K Dick, Robert E. Howard are literally beyond your capacity to understand 



17. ...but your mom like it when I read them to her lol

(While I eat her poo) 

18. I'm sure Philip K's Book called "The Zap Gun" must be a literary masterpiece lmao.

GET OUT, you aren't reading about Quantum Physics. It's evident in your vocabulary that you are so much more intellectually superior to everyone. We are simply too stupid to possibly compare to your intelligence.

YOU'RE AN IDIOT, it wasn't too long ago that you were bragging about people's poop, kiddo.

GET OUT LMAO

You better be more polite or I'll get Mr Phil over there and I'll get him to Zap you with his pew pew pistol.

LMAO

You must really like the book Pirates of Venus, I can see the care you placed into packaging the cover LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.